WSJ, Opinion Page, by Shelby Steele , 12-30-09

always

This very truthful and precious artilce by Shelby Steele tells so many truthful concerns about our very weak and unknowing and uncaring 44th president Obama.
stated in the article is the fact that voters "Chose TO SEE what was not there and refused to see what was there, all to escape the stigma not of stupidity but of racsim."
" Mr. Obama won by achieving a symbolic bond with the American people :He would labor not to show himself ,and Americans would labor not to see him.
"Mr. Obama became arguably the least known man ever to step into the American presidency."----end of quotes from WSJ article.

You must read this telling article to understand how America was deceived into electing such a weak ,yet radical leftist. One hell bent on destroying our economy , resulting in the destruction of our nation.
Either through his personal ignorance or his desire to destroy Captialism, Obama in his first year has promoted ideas and ideals foreign to Americans from day one of our founding. He is very slow to react to every national emergency , it took him three days to speak after a terrorist attack on a aircraft landing in Detroit. The murder of eight American Civilians still await some word from Obama , SHAMEFUL.
His heart and mind seems to be on his GOLF while our Military and Civilians are blown up in battle , Our Commander- in -Chief needs to be in D.C. , not on a putting green in Hawaii. They are dying while Obama appears not to be trying.
His SORDID handling of his Health Care CONTROL SCAM , working with his partners in crime , led by Harry Reid, set a LOW mark , even for a democrat controlled Congress.America is covered in shame due to the surely UNCONSTITUTIONAL acts of our president and his democrat senators whom reacted like puppets as Obama and his soiled henchmen pulled the strings.
The year 2009 closes in filth and shame as a result on the mess created by the democrats. hopefully 2010 will come to an end in Glory and A NEW DAY , as radical leftist in our Congress will be kicked out of office in huge numbers.
In 2010 , liberal democrats and liberal republicans , and liberal independents must be defeated and replaced by CONSERVATIVES , regardless of party. In 2010 and 2012 , America must vote Principles over party, CONSERVATIVE PRINCIPLES. Then in 2012 , WE throw out the radical leftist , America's 2008 MISTAKE and return SANITY to our FEDERAL GOVERNMENT . A SANE Federal Government has been lacking since the days of President Ronald Reagan!!
Replace the FIBBER with the Conservative Policies of the GIPPER!!
SAVE AMERICA!!

Werbung:
is there a link to the piece in all that ?

I suscribe to the WSJ, I receive it daily. I read the very profound article in the Dec , 30 , 2009 Opinion Page A 17.
Earlier this year I quit my local "Florida Today", a liberal rag and started taking HOME DELIVERY of the WSJ. A NEWSPAPER worth READING!!
FAIR and BALANCED.
You may be able to pul this article up on WSJ online, I do not know. It is a lengthy article that explains how this jerk snuck into office.

good luck, "ALWAYS", Not for just a day , not for just a year , but for "ALWAYS"

I suscribe to the WSJ, I receive it daily. I read the very profound article in the Dec , 30 , 2009 Opinion Page A 17.
Earlier this year I quit my local "Florida Today", a liberal rag and started taking HOME DELIVERY of the WSJ. A NEWSPAPER worth READING!!
FAIR and BALANCED.
You may be able to pul this article up on WSJ online, I do not know. It is a lengthy article that explains how this jerk snuck into office.

good luck, "ALWAYS", Not for just a day , not for just a year , but for "ALWAYS"

I see, thx

Lnk if y'all are interested

This very truthful and precious artilce by Shelby Steele tells so many truthful concerns about our very weak and unknowing and uncaring 44th president Obama.

When someone tries that hard to tell me how true the article is before I've even read it, I don't bother continuing.

A word to the wise.

When someone tries that hard to tell me how true the article is before I've even read it, I don't bother continuing.

A word to the wise.

Damn...Little Acorn, I do believe that you've dealt a 'ROYAL FLUSH' to that hysterical topic title and I'm very, very proud of you :cool:

It's so nice to read some rational thinking adult post an intelligent response to the otherwise mental hysteria that rolls off of this authors finger tips

So no thoughts on the article then ? Too bad.

Take this...

The nature of this emptiness becomes clear in the contrast between him and Ronald Reagan. Reagan reached the White House through a great deal of what is called "individuating"—that is he took principled positions throughout his long career that jeopardized his popularity, and in so doing he came to know who he was as a man and what he truly believed.

He became Ronald Reagan through dissent, not conformity. And when he was finally elected president, it was because America at last wanted the vision that he had evolved over a lifetime of challenging conventional wisdom. By the time Reagan became president, he had fought his way to a remarkable certainty about who he was, what he believed, and where he wanted to lead the nation.

Mr. Obama's ascendancy to the presidency could not have been more different. There seems to have been very little individuation, no real argument with conventional wisdom, and no willingness to jeopardize popularity for principle. To the contrary, he has come forward in American politics by emptying himself of strong convictions, by rejecting principled stands as "ideological," and by promising to deliver us from the "tired" culture-war debates of the past. He aspires to be "post-ideological," "post-racial" and "post-partisan," which is to say that he defines himself by a series of "nots"—thus implying that being nothing is better than being something. He tries to make a politics out of emptiness itself.

But then Mr. Obama always knew that his greatest appeal was not as a leader but as a cultural symbol. He always wore the bargainer's mask—winning the loyalty and gratitude of whites by flattering them with his racial trust: I will presume that you are not a racist if you will not hold my race against me. Oprah Winfrey, Michael Jordan and yes, Tiger Woods have all been superb bargainers, eliciting almost reverential support among whites for all that they were not—not angry or militant, not political, not using their moral authority as blacks to exact a wage from white guilt.

now you can certainly argue that he seemed to eschew unpopularity in his stance over the war but you could also make a case that this was a calculated move to rop in the fringe while not antagonizing the rest (he did vote to pay for it after all).

I think it leaves off one very significant point that Obama was a pre-fab polititian. Not exactly sure who manufactured him as yet but its clear as can be to me that it was someone not himself. For example why would he as a junior senator be the 2nd most stroked congress critter by Fannie ?

But if none of that peaks your interest then to each his own.

A word to the wise.

You would find trouble as a witness in a trial where one must swear to TELL THE TRUTH BEFORE speaking. BUT you LIBS LIE ALL THE TIME . huh!

So no thoughts on the article then ? Too bad.

Take this...

now you can certainly argue that he seemed to eschew unpopularity in his stance over the war but you could also make a case that this was a calculated move to rop in the fringe while not antagonizing the rest (he did vote to pay for it after all).

I think it leaves off one very significant point that Obama was a pre-fab polititian. Not exactly sure who manufactured him as yet but its clear as can be to me that it was someone not himself. For example why would he as a junior senator be the 2nd most stroked congress critter by Fannie ?

But if none of that peaks your interest then to each his own.

Ok. Let's assume Steele is right and Obama really only cares about doing what's popular and has no strong convictions of his own. While campaigning, two of his main platforms were that he would overhaul the nation's health care, and that he would dramatically reduce the nation's carbon footprint. Since being elected, both of these issues have become significantly less popular for a variety of reasons, but mostly because of the economic crisis. The new issue that everyone cares about - that everyone has cared about more than anything else for the last six months - is job creation. If Obama really only cared about being popular, then why didn't he give up on his push for health care reform and climate change reform when public opinion turned against these issues and focus on jobs instead? These seem like clear and very significant examples to me of him holding onto principles even when they do become unpopular (in health care he has clearly spent lots of political capitol recently - he has not yet done as much on climate change, but it certainly seems he is leaning that way in the future). Whether you agree with him on these principles is, of course, a different issue.

.....Published by that Grand Master o' tabloid-journalism....Rupert Murdoch.
(Yeah....no bias, there!)

:rolleyes:

Self-imposed censorship??????

:confused:

I'm thinkin'....there's more value in knowing what the nut-jobs are thinking.​

"We think the company should go with the golden mean theory. We should offer the KKK time on the access channel arid give opposing groups an equal opportunity to respond to or debate the issues. After all we have had controversial topics on before, like abortion issues for example, and we cannot justify censoring the KKK just because we don't personally agree with their views. We are hoping some benefit will come from the airing of the show: perhaps it will educate some of the audience to the KKK's obviously ignorant arguments."

"But then Mr. Obama always knew that his greatest appeal was not as a leader but as a cultural symbol."
I think it leaves off one very significant point that Obama was a pre-fab polititian. Not exactly sure who manufactured him as yet......
Gee.....you "conservatives" are capable of reading-his-mind (when it's most-"convenient"), yet.....you're incapable of doing a thorough-job-of-it.

It's no wonder you folks are so confused.

You would find trouble as a witness in a trial where one must swear to TELL THE TRUTH BEFORE speaking. BUT you LIBS LIE ALL THE TIME . huh!
Please.

You "conservatives" are (consistently) telling everyone you know what others are thinking....and, you call Libs, liars?

That makes sense, to you, huh?

Werbung:
Ok. Let's assume Steele is right and Obama really only cares about doing what's popular and has no strong convictions of his own. While campaigning, two of his main platforms were that he would overhaul the nation's health care, and that he would dramatically reduce the nation's carbon footprint. Since being elected, both of these issues have become significantly less popular for a variety of reasons, but mostly because of the economic crisis. The new issue that everyone cares about - that everyone has cared about more than anything else for the last six months - is job creation. If Obama really only cared about being popular, then why didn't he give up on his push for health care reform and climate change reform when public opinion turned against these issues and focus on jobs instead? These seem like clear and very significant examples to me of him holding onto principles even when they do become unpopular (in health care he has clearly spent lots of political capitol recently - he has not yet done as much on climate change, but it certainly seems he is leaning that way in the future). Whether you agree with him on these principles is, of course, a different issue.

Obama's agenda is to DESTROY CAPITALISM and our FREE MARKET ECONOMY.
Using his false man made Global Warming agenda to TRANSFER our NATIONS WEALTH from the DOERS to THE TAKERS. Obama is out to DESTROY AMERICA as his fascist policies and czars, and radical leftist clowns blindly follow.
Yet, Obama himself , lives like a Monarch, Golfing , as his troops die , while domestic air flights are attacked in American air space, while American Flaged cargo ships are attacked at sea by terrorist, Obama , continues to Play Golf in Hawaii, unconcerned as to the deaths , waiting days and weeks to even verbally responding to deadly terrorists attacks.
I thought G.W. Bush was weak at times but Obama is WEAK, Lacks Confidence, and needs serious instructions on how to be an EFFECTIVE AMERICAN PRESIDENT, GOLF BE DAMNED!! That is if he is at all interested in protecting America. As for me , I doubt that he is! KENYA you see why I think this way? 2010, looks bad for America , November elections seem one hundred years away, and then its only just a STARTING POINT in SAVING AMERICA from OBAMAISM!! HAPPY NEW YEAR, just in case!

Back