WSJ, Opinion Page, by Shelby Steele , 12-30-09

Ok. Let's assume Steele is right and Obama really only cares about doing what's popular and has no strong convictions of his own. While campaigning, two of his main platforms were that he would overhaul the nation's health care, and that he would dramatically reduce the nation's carbon footprint. Since being elected, both of these issues have become significantly less popular for a variety of reasons, but mostly because of the economic crisis. The new issue that everyone cares about - that everyone has cared about more than anything else for the last six months - is job creation. If Obama really only cared about being popular, then why didn't he give up on his push for health care reform and climate change reform when public opinion turned against these issues and focus on jobs instead?
Tooooooooooooo easy....they're one-and-the-same!!

IF
there was a (real) Public Option (where Administrative-costs were a mere 4%-to-8%....rather than The Health Insurance Industry's 18%-to-27%)...not only would Individuals jump-on The Public Option, but Employers would be close-behind!!!!! (...And, that's what The Health Insurance Industry's REALLY worried-about!!)

That'd free-up MORE o' Employers' operating-capital.....which would naturally translate to more buck$, for R&D, hiring, and wage-increa$e$....making those Employers more-competitive!!!!!

The downside??

Unfortunately (in "conservatives'"-eyes), it'd also translate to more political-influence by The Middle Class....and, we certainly can't afford that!

:rolleyes:

Werbung:
- Ok. Let's assume Steele is right and Obama really only cares about doing what's popular and has no strong convictions of his own.

- The new issue that everyone cares about - that everyone has cared about more than anything else for the last six months - is job creation. If Obama really only cared about being popular, then why didn't he give up on his push for health care reform and climate change reform when public opinion turned against these issues and focus on jobs instead?

SPOT ON as your usual thoughts go...but expecting this author to have any - ANY RATIONAL THOUGHTS on any given subject is to walk into the 'ALICE AND WONDERLAND' of {his/her/its} non-reality.

There is only one connecting continual diatribe that flows from this lessor thinking humans fingers and that is 'I HATE OBAMA AND IT WON'T MATTER THAT I'M SPEAKING GIBBERISH AND NOT MAKING ANY SENSE WHATSOEVER...I JUST WANT TO HATE AND SPEW THAT INTENSE FEELING TO EVERYONE AROUND ME' ;)

Exactly the basis for my putting this one on ignore and the only time that I suffer the vibes that fell from the words is when someone encapsulates the lessor thinking words into a quotation and makes a remark about them.

BTW...hope you had a great Christmas/Holiday/NON-CHRISTIAN celebration and a joyous NEW YEAR TOO! :)

There is only one connecting continual diatribe that flows from this lessor thinking humans fingers and that is 'I HATE OBAMA AND IT WON'T MATTER THAT I'M SPEAKING GIBBERISH AND NOT MAKING ANY SENSE WHATSOEVER...I JUST WANT TO HATE AND SPEW THAT INTENSE FEELING TO EVERYONE AROUND ME'.
Hey...they can't (ALL) be as accomplished, at it, as Sister Sarah.

Gee.....you "conservatives" are capable of reading-his-mind (when it's most-"convenient"), yet.....you're incapable of doing a thorough-job-of-it.

It's no wonder you folks are so confused.

Its easy to read Obama's miond, he's not that clever. Its harder with whoever is pulling his strings as we dont know who that is therefore giving us no solid ideas of what their agenda is. Clearly its funneling money to friends but thats never a secret. Cant be Dailey, he's not smart enough and is just a pup[pet of the same organization.

There is only one connecting continual diatribe that flows from this lessor thinking humans fingers and that is 'I HATE OBAMA AND IT WON'T MATTER THAT I'M SPEAKING GIBBERISH AND NOT MAKING ANY SENSE WHATSOEVER...I JUST WANT TO HATE AND SPEW THAT INTENSE FEELING TO EVERYONE AROUND ME' ;)

Exactly the basis for my putting this one on ignore and the only time that I suffer the vibes that fell from the words is when someone encapsulates the lessor thinking words into a quotation and makes a remark about them.

It seems to me that there are some conservatives here who do debate in a rational way, and those are the ones I want to talk with. Even when I don't get responses, though, figuring out if/why these claims are silly is useful for resolving the issues in my own mind, and it may possibly be useful to some other readers.

BTW...hope you had a great Christmas/Holiday/NON-CHRISTIAN celebration and a joyous NEW YEAR TOO! :)

It was super-awesome. Spent it in a country I have never visited before: Turkey, and swam in the Mediterranean on New Year's Eve. Hope you had fun holidays as well!

It was super-awesome. Spent it in a country I have never visited before: Turkey, and swam in the Mediterranean on New Year's Eve. Hope you had fun holidays as well!

Other than getting out to assist my elderly/sickly/neighbors in need {I've got a 4 wheel drive vehicle} I've been snowed in and knee deep snow with drifts up as high as 5'-6' {ah winters of my childhood right here in the middle of Kansas}so I've been rather house bound with my elderly mother, 3 Tzu Shu crosses and one huge fat cat that weighs about 22#'s

Swimming in the warm/balmy Mediterranean on NEW YEAR'S EVE...LMAO...sure sounds like a really nice dream to me!

There was a real nice full moon that was shining brightly off of all this snow when the temps dipped to 5º last night! BRRRR it'll just make me dream of spring and my garden all that much more!

Other than getting out to assist my elderly/sickly/neighbors in need {I've got a 4 wheel drive vehicle} I've been snowed in and knee deep snow with drifts up as high as 5'-6' {ah winters of my childhood right here in the middle of Kansas}so I've been rather house bound with my elderly mother, 3 Tzu Shu crosses and one huge fat cat that weighs about 22#'s

Swimming in the warm/balmy Mediterranean on NEW YEAR'S EVE...LMAO...sure sounds like a really nice dream to me!

There was a real nice full moon that was shining brightly off of all this snow when the temps dipped to 5º last night! BRRRR it'll just make me dream of spring and my garden all that much more!

I suppose you welcomed in the "new year" by wildly barking at that "FULL MOON!! The huge noise you hear is caused by the blowing up of our brave CIA personel in AFGH. as our not so brave prez. plays Golf and CLOSES down a public beach so he and BIG MAMA can swim unmolested! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Well, I'll tell ya'...and, don't take this too-personally :D ....after driving-thru Kansas (West-To-East/East-To-West; between PA & Boulder County), numerous times, I can't say which would be worse; being snowed-in, or making that DRIVE!!! :eek:

Granted, the DRIVE is (only) temporary, but....being put-into a state o' suspended-animation (with a vehicle on Auto-Pilot), surely would make the DRIVE more-tolerable.

After making the DRIVE, thru Kansas, it actually makes the trip (thru Nebraska) seem scenic! :D

Well, I'll tell ya'...and, don't take this too-personally :D ....after driving-thru Kansas (West-To-East/East-To-West; between PA & Boulder County), numerous times, I can't say which would be worse; being snowed-in, or making that DRIVE!!!

Granted, the DRIVE is (only) temporary, but....being put-into a state o' suspended-animation (with a vehicle on Auto-Pilot), surely would make the DRIVE more-tolerable.​

After making the DRIVE, thru Kansas, it actually makes the trip (thru Nebraska) seem scenic!
Oh, no offense taken...I fully understand ;) The only time this middle of America looks attractive is when the Flint Hills are either burning during early spring or in their full blown greenery display during July...other then that traveling on I-70 is always a trip into the ZONE or hanging onto your steering wheel for dear life because the wind is trying to blow you off of the highway :cool:

I suppose you welcomed in the "new year" by wildly barking at that "FULL MOON!! The huge noise you hear is caused by the blowing up of our brave CIA personel in AFGH. .....
Yeah, well.....who knows WHAT they were doing?

They don't have (exactly) exemplary-reputations, in that part-o'-the-World. :rolleyes:

"Within a few years, the currents of global geopolitics then shifted in ways that pushed the CIA into new alliances with drug traffickers. In 1979, the Soviets invaded Afghanistan and the Sandinista revolution seized Nicaragua, prompting two CIA covert operations with some revealing similaritieshttp://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/CIA/CIAdrug_fallout.html."

You NeoKiddies really-do need to admit to your lack-o'-reference-points.

Werbung:
Oh, no offense taken...I fully understand ;) The only time this middle of America looks attractive is when the Flint Hills are either burning during early spring or in their full blown greenery display during July...other then that traveling on I-70 is always a trip into the ZONE....
We (always) made every-effort to get-into our Zone...right-before hitting the Kansas-border (liquid and/or otherwise). We never could figure-out why all DWI-laws weren't (temporarily) suspended, for that ride.​
....or hanging onto your steering wheel for dear life because the wind is trying to blow you off of the highway :cool:
Hey...ya' want FUN (or, at-the-very-least, an adrenaline-charge)???

Ride those same winds, thru Eastern Colorado...at 2-or-3 am...when those 5' tumbleweeds start prankin' ya'....bumpin'-along (in the low-spots...along I-70)....until YOU approach....and, RUN-ACROSS, IN-FRONT-OF-YOU!!!!!

Now, THAT'S a (badly-needed) EYE-OPENER, at that time-o'-"day"!!!!! :D

Back