Yes obama! Do the no fly zone

JayMick

Seriously I thought this was done a week ago! Obviously order the no fly zone OBAMA. Is anyone even againt that at this point other then Gadaffi? NO FLY ZONE IN LIBYA.

Werbung:
JayMick, et al,

Why is this a good or bad idea?

Seriously I thought this was done a week ago! Obviously order the no fly zone OBAMA. Is anyone even againt that at this point other then Gadaffi? NO FLY ZONE IN LIBYA.
(COMMENT)

I don't think anyone questions that Moammar Qaddafi has lost legitimacy to continue in Libya. Having said that, the Libyan Air Force is a product of Libyans. And Libyans are the one's that ulimately decide their own fate, and chose their own destiny.

This is a Libyan-on-Libyan event. Not a place for US intervention.

The US tends to act as if these dictators are alien to the environment they control. That is not the case. Moammar Qaddafi is a Libyan, and controls only because Libyans follow him and protect him. If the Libyans all agreed that he has to go, they could overthrow him in a heartbeat.

The fact that Moammar Qaddafi is still alive and in control is prima facia evidence that there are still Libyans that want him --- Libyans that believe they should continue to protect both him and retain his leadership. Those are Libyans flying those planes and dropping those bombs on other Libyans.

If we are to truly allow the Libyans to right and responsibility to change their government, we must let the Libyans decide who they would rather see rule. When his staff and his military, made-up of Libyans, decides that they want a democracy (or some other type of government), they will make the changes necessary and become part of the popular movement.

The Western World should stay away from Libya until the people decide. When the smoke clears, we will deal with the outcome of their decision.

Just One Man's Thought,
R

No fly zones are a lot more complicated to orchestrate than you seem to letting on.....

The first phase of a "no fly zone" would be to attack and destroy all Libyan air defense systems. Is that something we really want to be getting involved in?

I don't see a no fly zone happening anytime in the near future.

If BO gets our military involved in Libya, will the media criticize him? Doubt it.

We need to stop this madness. Bring ALL the troops home and discontinue our policy of policing the F-ing world. We need to mind our business, which really is dealing with a bloated, bankrupt, corrupt, and tyrannical federal government.

what are you talking about? the Libyan people are the ones who are pushing for the "no fly zone".

what are you talking about? the Libyan people are the ones who are pushing for the "no fly zone".

some are, some don't want any outside involvement...also it would have to be a UN one...they do not want the US doing it.

Also we would need to get more power in place to do it.

As of right now, they have taken a large part of Lybia...and like Egypt and unlike Iraq and Afganistan...when they win ...it can be there win, by the people...thats a big thing.

of course if needed I am not against some UN air support if needed...but as of right now its been mostly ground fighting.

I guess they should have done the no fly zone on 3-3-2011. It woulda saved billions because now they are going to have to do it anyway.

I guess they should have done the no fly zone on 3-3-2011. It woulda saved billions because now they are going to have to do it anyway.

how would it save billions to have it earlier? Also the US is not going to have a no fly zone..the UN maybe..or a group of NATO the Arab league, and or other support...this will not and should not be a US issue.

how would it save billions to have it earlier? Also the US is not going to have a no fly zone..the UN maybe..or a group of NATO the Arab league, and or other support...this will not and should not be a US issue.

I agree with your opposition to a no fly zone and that this should not be a US issue. So far no one has shown that we have strong enough national interests to exercise what is an act of war against Libya. I am not saying we do not have national interests in Libya, but seriously, by that standard we have national interests everywhere and then there is no restriction on where military power is used.

Why exactly are they going to "have to do it anyway?" And why did delay cost billions of dollars... and who is "they"?

The USA pushes for a emergency vote on the 'no fly zone' issue today in the UN. The UN APPROVES THE 'NO FLY ZONE' WITH A 10-0 VOTE. Ok Libya we got you your no fly zone. Take back your country!

Werbung:
I agree with your opposition to a no fly zone and that this should not be a US issue. So far no one has shown that we have strong enough national interests to exercise what is an act of war against Libya. I am not saying we do not have national interests in Libya, but seriously, by that standard we have national interests everywhere and then there is no restriction on where military power is used.

that is not acacly my stance, I was more saying that we need others to help more, and make it clear that the Arab world leaders where calling for this...not that we just swooped into another oil producing Muslim nation with our guns. If the Rebels lose it will be a set back for the middle east and will effect us...as it will be shown that....Democracy moments can be stopped...with guns and bombs...but letting the protests go on will lead to your overthrow...not a good message to have in the middle east...that Violence against your people is the best thing to save your selfs, and that the US Will not do anything.

Back