Yes, President Bush made many mistakes BUT

Werbung:
None of this addresses the actual point that Gen made about the budget numbers.

Gen: Lower taxes helped raise more revenue.

Mr. Shaman: A Conservative was fired!
BigRob: The National Center for Policy Analysis must be unbiased & accurate. They only fire people who disagree with them. :rolleyes:

I have been reading many of these posts with interest for some time and the thing that strikes me is this.

There seems to be a hard core of republican supporters posting who are incapable of acknowledging that the current adminsitration has really done anything wrong. Even to the point of stating that Bush is in the position he is in because of the democrat policies he followed.

Furthermore, these hard core republicans seem to have no standards for their own party and want a republican Government irrespective of the outcome. Sarah Palin is clearly a very weak candidate who has embarrassed herself frequently in interviews when she speaks in riddles in an attempt to hide her incompetence. And yet rather than demand higher standards of the republican running team there seems to be blind support for this tragic blight on US and republican party politics.

There is a desperation about the republican campaign and it is mirrored in the often bizarre posts from their supporters on this board.

Maybe they would get more respect if they acknowledged what most people in the world can see and that is that the US is in big trouble right now and that it has happened after 8 years of republican government.

The notion that Sarah Palin could lead the US out of it is beneath contempt and the idea that she qualifies to be the president of the USA because she is a hockey mom says exactly how low the republican supporters have sunk.

It is time that dignity was restored to this party and to US politics.

I have been reading many of these posts with interest for some time and the thing that strikes me is this.

There seems to be a hard core of republican supporters posting who are incapable of acknowledging that the current adminsitration has really done anything wrong. Even to the point of stating that Bush is in the position he is in because of the democrat policies he followed.

Furthermore, these hard core republicans seem to have no standards for their own party and want a republican Government irrespective of the outcome. Sarah Palin is clearly a very weak candidate who has embarrassed herself frequently in interviews when she speaks in riddles in an attempt to hide her incompetece. And yet rather than demand higher standards of the republican running team there seems to be blind support for this tragic blight on US and republican party politics.

There is a desperation about the republican campaign and it is mirrored in the often bizarre posts from their supporters on this board.

Maybe they would get more respect if they acknowledged what most people in the world can see and that is that the US is in big trouble right now and that it has happened after 8 years of republican government.

The notion that Sarah Palin could lead the US out of it is beneath contempt and the idea that she qualifies to be the president of the USA because she is a hockey mom says exactly how low the republican supporters have sunk.

It is time that dignity was restored to this party and to US politics.

Welcome to the boards....

I wish I had the time to give a proper response but let me just ask a simple question:

Is it your contention that Democrats are perfect, no flaws in their legislation, no corruption in their ranks, no defects whatsoever and its all the Republicans who are to blame for all the countries ills?

It is not my contention.

Nobody is perfect.

My contention is that to most people it is clear that the government of the last 8 years HAS to take responsibilty for what has happened on its watch.

And what has happened has been disastrous for the US home economy and for foreign policy.

Furthermore, the suggestion that a candidate of the character of Palin is worthy of leading the US out of this mess says a lot about her supporters that is not good.

The republiocans would look better if they acknowldged the mess and presented credible candidates as a solution.

BigRob: The National Center for Policy Analysis must be unbiased & accurate. They only fire people who disagree with them. :rolleyes:

Shaman: The NCPA is a non-profit conservative think tank. They do not "have" to be anything.

It is not my contention.

Nobody is perfect.

My contention is that to most people it is clear that the government of the last 8 years HAS to take responsibilty for what has happened on its watch.

And what has happened has been disastrous for the US home economy and for foreign policy.

Furthermore, the suggestion that a candidate of the character of Palin is worthy of leading the US out of this mess says a lot about her supporters that is not good.

The republiocans would look better if they acknowldged the mess and presented credible candidates as a solution.

Palin is not running for President, McCain is.

None of this addresses the actual point that Gen made about the budget numbers.

Gen: Lower taxes helped raise more revenue.

Mr. Shaman: A Conservative was fired!
December 6, 2007
"If there's one thing that Republican politicians agree on, it's that slashing taxes brings the government more money.
If there's one thing that economists agree on, it's that these claims are false."

Werbung:
Back