1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Yet another abuse made possible by an unconstitutional law.

Discussion in 'U.S. Politics' started by PLC1, Mar 13, 2009.

1. PLC1

PLC1 Moderator Staff Member

Highway robbery? Texas police seize black motorists' cash, cars

The Constitution clearly prohibits the forfeiture to government of life, liberty, or property without due process, yet the asset forfeiture laws prescribe that very thing. Predictably, there are abuses, citizens lose their property, and law enforcement becomes no different from highway robbers.

When will someone challenge this type of thing in the Supreme Court? It's high time the Constitution was put back in place as the cornerstone of our liberty, and the government quit using excuses like the so called "war on drugs" to circumvent it.

2. pocketfullofshells

pocketfullofshells Well-Known Member

land of 10,000 lakes and 2 senators again
    sounds like texas to me......

I think it was new york that was saying they could take your car if pulled over for a DWI...even if you where found not guilty later, they keep car.

3. Mr. Shaman

Mr. Shaman New Member

That's one o' the perks of tagging any movement a "war"; i.e. if you're a critic, you're un-American.

The DEA is no different from the Taliban, and asset-forfeiture is their version of Sharia law; U.S.-style. Somehow, the DEA has the Divine Right to do whatever they damned-well-please. They've also got a Divine Right to job-security.....and, anyone who complains about either (obviously) has something-to-hide (much like the good ol' McCarthy Years), or....at the very-least....hate The Children. :rolleyes:

4. PLC1

PLC1 Moderator Staff Member

It isn't just happening in Texas, it's all over.

If this isn't a clear violation of the fourth and fifth amendments, I don't know what is.