You Can Tell The Bush-Years Are OVER!!

Mr. Shaman

Now, The President is tellin' Corporate America what's up, for a CHANGE!!!

"For top executives to award themselves these kinds of compensation packages in the midst of this economic crisis isn't just bad taste -- it's a bad strategy -- and I will not tolerate it. We're going to be demanding some restraint in exchange for federal aid -- so that when firms seek new federal dollars, we won't find them up to the same old tricks," the president added."

:cool:

Werbung:
I think this is great and the only way businesses should get bale out money... it's a BALE OUT for Christ sake! If your company just can't live with cutting pay to $500,000 per year for your executives while you're accepting billions in taxpayer money... then you must not really need it.:eek:

I really don't understand why Bush didn't put some restrictions on all the money he doled out.

Now everyone knows I'm no supporter of George Bush but I do believe he saw and understood that we had come to a real and serious economic crisis. And he had to know that without limitations placed on the way the money could be used greed would take it's chunk.

I think the truth is that Republicans have let themselves become so anti-regulation that they can't hardly ever admit some amount of regulation is always needed when it comes to money.

We all need to forget politics a little bit here and get a good jobs program type stimulus package hitting the streets... and soon!

Now everyone knows I'm no supporter of George Bush but I do believe he saw and understood that we had come to a real and serious economic crisis.
....ONLY because he was too-stupid to forecast what the implications would be, by those folks who made him look like a successful-businessman (so they could get their claws into The National Treasury).....when (even) his Daddy knew what the payoff would be....​

One again, Obama's rhetoric is a lot stronger than his actions: Read how the real proposal is going to work: Lots of Wiggle Room

(CBS/AP) The squeeze on big paydays for executives of bailed-out banks will probably leave Wall Street plenty of wiggle room.

Consultants on executive pay say the caps imposed by President Obama on Wednesday will probably apply only to a few executives - not star traders, brokers and salespeople who routinely earn whopping pay packages.

Others note Wall Street typically finds ways to exploit loopholes and figure this time will be no different.

“You've got a lot of people on Wall Street who are not executives but still make extremely big salaries,” said Mark Borges, a principal at compensation consulting firm Compensia Inc. “I suspect this doesn't impact them at all.”

The new rules require banks that receive “exceptional assistance” from the government to cap salaries, including cash bonuses, at $500,000 for senior executives.

If those firms wanted to pay their executives more, they would have to use stock that couldn't be sold until the bank had repaid the bailout money. The rules apply only to the future, not to banks that have already received bailout money.

Since the rules are not retroactive, they won't affect Bank of America, which has already received $45 billion in bailout funds. Its CEO Ken Lewis earned more than $5 million in salary and cash bonuses in 2007 - and another $14 million in stock options and other income, reports CBS News correspondent Anthony Mason.

Nor will it affect Wells Fargo, which has received $25 billion in TARP money, Mason adds. Its CEO John Stumpf took home more than $11 million in salary, bonus and stock.

Well, it's a good idea, even if it does lack teeth. I'm glad to see at least some sort of effort being made to curb executive power.

Of course. The CEO isn't going to take a pay cut ever. You can make all the lame proclimations that CEO's should get bonuses and huge pay rates, but if a corporation wants someone to be CEO, and the CEO demands higher pay, he'll either go work somewhere that will give it to him, or the corporation will find a way to compensate him.

In any case, Obama's lame blathering about, will not stop anything.

Well, it's a good idea, even if it does lack teeth. I'm glad to see at least some sort of effort being made to curb executive power.

This is another main difference between republicans and democrats. Republicans generally seek things that will work. We're not interested in lame propaganda that sounds great but fails.

Democrats and be swayed by things that they themselves know won't work. Here you admit it will do nothing, yet still "think happy thoughts" because "at least some sort of effort is being made to curb executive power".

How lame.

This is another main difference between republicans and democrats. Republicans generally seek things that will work. We're not interested in lame propaganda that sounds great but fails.

Democrats and be swayed by things that they themselves know won't work. Here you admit it will do nothing, yet still "think happy thoughts" because "at least some sort of effort is being made to curb executive power".

How lame.
Gee, Skippy....it's lookin' like those "happy thoughts" are payin'-off, ALREADY!!!!!

:p

"The government is working on a criminal investigation into the case, and more than a dozen civil lawsuits have been filed. This week, Peanut Corp. president Stewart Parnell repeatedly refused to answer questions before the House Energy and Commerce investigations subcommittee, which is seeking ways to prevent another outbreak. But e-mails surfaced indicating he ordered products the company knew were tainted to be shipped anyway."

Read 'n WEEP, "conservatives"!!!

Waste is NO-LONGER "HIP"!!!!!!!!!!!

"The $787 billion economic stimulus bill aims to create millions of jobs around "shovel-ready" projects.

That's where Paul Prouty says he can help: He has 500 projects ready to go.

Prouty heads the U.S. General Services Administration, an under-the-radar government agency that owns or leases more than 352 million square feet of space in 8,600 federal buildings in 2,200 cities and towns.

Experts say the investment could create up to 130,000 jobs, save the government more than $1 billion in annual energy costs and improve worker productivity.

That could help trim the enormous $6.5 billion in energy costs the government spent on its buildings in 2007. And it would cut back on pollution - federal buildings account for nearly 10% of global carbon dioxide emissions, according to the Department of Energy."

BUSHCO vs. ACCOUNTABILITY!!

It's KARMA-Time, "conservatives"!!!!!!!

"Tens of thousands of assault rifles and other firearms in Afghanistan are at risk of being stolen because U.S. officials have lost track of them, according to a congressionally ordered audit that warns that some weapons may already be in Taliban hands.

The audit by the Government Accountability Office found that inventory controls were lacking for more than a third of the 242,000 light weapons donated to Afghan forces by the United States -- a stockpile that includes thousands of AK-47 assault rifles as well as mortars, machine guns and rocket-propelled grenade launchers.

A separate report by the Pentagon in October provides much of the explanation for the vulnerability of Afghanistan's donated weapons stocks: It said U.S. and allied forces in Afghanistan had basically ignored their mandate to ensure the "accountability, control and physical security" of the arms given to Afghan forces under the $11.7 billion aid program, and in particular had neglected to record the weapons' serial numbers so that they could be monitored."
080406_heston2.jpg

"Let's HEAR it, For NATIONAL $ECURITY!!!"

BUSHCO vs. ACCOUNTABILITY!!

It's KARMA-Time, "conservatives"!!!!!!!

080406_heston2.jpg

"Let's HEAR it, For NATIONAL $ECURITY!!!"

1/3 of 240,000 light weapons, such as the AK-47? 80,000 weapons...so what? You can't walk across Eastern Europe without tripping over an AK-47. They are by no means hard to come by. In an operation such as trying to run a country, if losing a few AK-47s is the worst that happens, then it is not the end of the world, and it hardly speaks to gross incompetence or lack of oversight.

A bureaucrat has 500+ projects ready to pizz away taxpayer money on? Surprise, surprise.

It's none of the government's business how much money people in the private sector make.

Um, and the stiffulus package *did* enable Congress to oversee executive pay even for companies that *don't* get bailout money.

Werbung:
Back