1 in 4 Fail

Gipper

1 in 4 fail Army’s basic skills test, raising worries about readiness
Results cast a harsh light on education system
By Christine Armario and Dorie Turner
Associated Press / December 22, 2010
MIAMI — Nearly one-fourth of the students who try to join the US Army fail its entrance exam, painting a grim picture of an education system that produces graduates who can’t answer basic math, science, and reading questions, according to a study released yesterday.

The report by The Education Trust bolsters a growing worry among military and education leaders that the pool of young people qualified for military service will shrink.

“Too many of our high school students are not graduating ready to begin college or a career — and many are not eligible to serve in our armed forces,’’ US Education Secretary Arne Duncan said. “I am deeply troubled by the national security burden created by America’s underperforming education system.’’
http://www.boston.com/news/nation/a...ies_about_readiness/?p1=Well_MostPop_Emailed6

The exam given by the Army is NOT difficult. Yet, 1 in 4 fail. How could this be? The libs control public education and they do a wonderful job.:rolleyes:

Once again this is the consequence of out of control liberalism. If you can't pass the Army entrance exam, you likely can barely read or write. Yet, these poor uneducated people were given HS diplomas by the libs in the g-schools.

Well, I guess these dumb folks can collect welfare and vote Communist Party (Dems) the rest of their lives, which was the libs plan from the beginning.

Thanks libs for F-ing us again....

Werbung:
May I state the obvious? People joining the army are not exactly the brightest bunch the are likely to be failures when it comes to anything academic. All the brightest go to this thing they like to call "college".

May I state the obvious? People joining the army are not exactly the brightest bunch the are likely to be failures when it comes to anything academic. All the brightest go to this thing they like to call "college".

first while I know what you are getting at, and there is some truth to it...you put it pretty simplistically and insultingly as well. Big Rob for example I belive was military...not sure what....but could wrong...and he is by far one of the smarter posters on here, though we often don't agree. I myself was looking to join at one point..though ended up not ..and this was after I had my BA and AAS done...Alot of smart people join..for many other reasons other then they have no choice, and many turn down higher paying jobs to do it.

Also the Army is not quite the Army of say WWII where if you could aim a rifle, good enough...The military is far more sophisticated, technologically driven, and in need of smarter people to do the jobs...leading to higher standards to join. personally I think its a good thing if alot of people can't pass the test...means we have raised the bar a bit...though yes also our education system is in the pits and needs major changes...this goes to both our education system...but also I think our values...to often in some it seems lack of a good education is a badge of honor...not a shame. you see it in the inner city, the white trash hicks, and the ultra conservative who look for any reason to fight science and the intellectuals. But its also a econ issue, where we have made it so family's need to work many jobs just to pay the rent and get buy...forcing them to not be home to raise kids the way many where before...Its alot harder when you can go black and white leave it to beaver days of the dad with no college makes enough money for a nice house in the burbs...to 2 parents working 2 jobs each, may get you buy if you have no college degree. ( and even with one its alot harder)

the biggest indicator of how well a students will do in school...is parents income...sad but true...and for most of the people on the US...that income has been going down for 30 years in terms of real buying power and share of income in the GDP....in part due to the fact that money makes money..but also do to major shifts in taxes that place alot more on the middle class and alot less on the upper then back 30+ years ago.

The exam given by the Army is NOT difficult. Yet, 1 in 4 fail. How could this be? The libs control public education and they do a wonderful job.:rolleyes:

Once again this is the consequence of out of control liberalism. If you can't pass the Army entrance exam, you likely can barely read or write. Yet, these poor uneducated people were given HS diplomas by the libs in the g-schools.

Well, I guess these dumb folks can collect welfare and vote Communist Party (Dems) the rest of their lives, which was the libs plan from the beginning.

Thanks libs for F-ing us again....

I would be interested to see if you could pass...in part just to see you actually try to join...but somehow I sense a lot of chicken-hawk in ya

1)first while I know what you are getting at, and there is some truth to it...you put it pretty simplistically and insultingly as well. Big Rob for example I belive was military...not sure what....but could wrong...and he is by far one of the smarter posters on here, though we often don't agree. I myself was looking to join at one point..though ended up not ..and this was after I had my BA and AAS done...Alot of smart people join..for many other reasons other then they have no choice, and many turn down higher paying jobs to do it.

Also the Army is not quite the Army of say WWII where if you could aim a rifle, good enough...2)The military is far more sophisticated, technologically driven, and in need of smarter people to do the jobs...leading to higher standards to join. 3)personally I think its a good thing if alot of people can't pass the test...means we have raised the bar a bit...though yes also our education system is in the pits and needs major changes...this goes to both our education system...but also I think our values...to often in some it seems lack of a good education is a badge of honor...not a shame. you see it in the inner city, the white trash hicks, and the ultra conservative who look for any reason to fight science and the intellectuals. But its also a econ issue, where we have made it so family's need to work many jobs just to pay the rent and get buy...forcing them to not be home to raise kids the way many where before...Its alot harder when you can go black and white leave it to beaver days of the dad with no college makes enough money for a nice house in the burbs...to 2 parents working 2 jobs each, may get you buy if you have no college degree. ( and even with one its alot harder)

4)the biggest indicator of how well a students will do in school...is parents income...sad but true...and for most of the people on the US...that income has been going down for 30 years in terms of real buying power and share of income in the GDP....in part due to the fact that money makes money..but also do to major shifts in taxes that place alot more on the middle class and alot less on the upper then back 30+ years ago.

1) Some truth to it? Its more common than what you would think. If you spend all of the time worrying about offending somene exactly how much time do you spend being honest? Going into the military right out of highschool is a foolish move get an education first. As for big rob he may very well be the smartest poster but I dont know him all that well but that is irrelevant as I was not singling him out.

2) Not really as far as they are concerned stupid people bleed just as red they dont exactly set the bar high.

3) The bar is the same the people however...

4) Coming from a poor family I find that statement false. I had gotten all A's with little effort. It may sometimes be the case but not because of economics because if there is anything hollywood has taught us is that having money doesnt make you smart. In this society the more you know the more you make so if the parents make more money they are probably smarter than the average bear therefore their kids are probably smarter than the average bear.

1) Some truth to it? Its more common than what you would think. If you spend all of the time worrying about offending somene exactly how much time do you spend being honest? Going into the military right out of highschool is a foolish move get an education first. As for big rob he may very well be the smartest poster but I dont know him all that well but that is irrelevant as I was not singling him out.

2) Not really as far as they are concerned stupid people bleed just as red they dont exactly set the bar high.

3) The bar is the same the people however...

4) Coming from a poor family I find that statement false. I had gotten all A's with little effort. It may sometimes be the case but not because of economics because if there is anything hollywood has taught us is that having money doesnt make you smart. In this society the more you know the more you make so if the parents make more money they are probably smarter than the average bear therefore their kids are probably smarter than the average bear.

your one case, i am talk about about the overall...and no money does not equal smart...but you don't think those in Hollywood have kids who get a better education and are as a percent alot smarter then say a group of kids from a lower middle class area? of course they are...as a percent..both will always have outliers of course.

And as for army before college? how do you think many of them pay for college?

1)your one case, i am talk about about the overall...and no money does not equal smart...but you don't think those in Hollywood have kids who get a better education and are as a percent alot smarter then say a group of kids from a lower middle class area? of course they are...as a percent..both will always have outliers of course.

2)And as for army before college? how do you think many of them pay for college?

1) The problem isnt the education its the kids most of them dont give a flying fvck they just see it as a waste of time. If they dont care why should I?

2) Yup, and scholarships and loans are nonexistent.

People joining the army are not exactly the brightest bunch the are likely to be failures when it comes to anything academic.

Just curious. What are you basing this personal opinion on? Do you have any facts to back it up?

Not everyone that takes the Army exam actually wants to be a soldier. Many are forced by parents or others to take the test. And it is easy to fail any test if you try.

Tell us about all the instances in which politicians of any party have taken tests in logic, literacy and economics.

No politicians is required to take such tests. I do not recall of hearing about any who did.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I read a lot of books about investors, and all of them say the same.

The Stock market is more profitable when a Democrat is in the White House than when a Republican is.

Olebush had a horrible recession in 1994, despite making an actual profit from his war on Saddam.
Juniorbush ended his second term with an economic collapse.
Obama ended with the economy in great shape.
Trump spent four years fomenting chaos and botched the Covid crisis horribly and millions of Americans died, and the sumbitch lost and the market was a shambles. He lost by almost SEVEN MILLION VOTES.

If you want to be a successful capitalist, vote for Joe Biden. He is old, but has great advisors.
Trump is ignorant he is rapey and a conman and runs about with a diaper full of pee and poo.

Werbung:
Tell us about all the instances in which politicians of any party have taken tests in logic, literacy and economics.

No politicians is required to take such tests. I do not recall of hearing about any who did.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I read a lot of books about investors, and all of them say the same.

The Stock market is more profitable when a Democrat is in the White House than when a Republican is.

Olebush had a horrible recession in 1994, despite making an actual profit from his war on Saddam.
Juniorbush ended his second term with an economic collapse.
Obama ended with the economy in great shape.
Trump spent four years fomenting chaos and botched the Covid crisis horribly and millions of Americans died, and the sumbitch lost and the market was a shambles. He lost by almost SEVEN MILLION VOTES.

If you want to be a successful capitalist, vote for Joe Biden. He is old, but has great advisors.
Trump is ignorant he is rapey and a conman and runs about with a diaper full of pee and poo.
These people think gifting black-skinned city residents with billions of tax dollars in reparations makes good mathematical and economic sense. I don't know if any of the Democrat geniuses graduated from a government school that taught such crap or not.

San Francisco Reparations Proposal Would Cost City North of $100 Billion | National Review 1-23-23

San Francisco Reparations Proposal Could Cost City North of $100 Billion

++++++++++++++++++++++++
After Reparations Study Suggests $151 Million for Each African American, Experts Say Money Alone Isn't Enough (newsweek.com) 7-17-20

After Reparations Study Suggests $151 Million for Each African American, Experts Say Money Alone Isn't Enough

Back