2 men behind airliner attempt were freed from Gitmo

Little-Acorn

I'm sure glad the Democrats have been screaming loud and long about how unfair it is for us to keep war prisoners at Guantanamo Bay in Cuba. They are in large part responsible for a number of them being released, even though the war is far from over.

Just think: If these two had been kept there for the duration, it might have been a violation of their rights or something.

-----------------------------------

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/men-believed-northwest-airlines-plot-set-free/story?id=9434065

Two al Qaeda Leaders Behind Northwest Flight 253 Terror Plot Were Released by U.S.

By BRIAN ROSS, JOSEPH RHEE and REHAB EL-BURI
Dec. 28, 2009

Two of the four leaders allegedly behind the al Qaeda plot to blow up a Northwest Airlines passenger jet over Detroit were released by the U.S. from the Guantanamo prison in November, 2007, according to American officials and Department of Defense documents. Al Qaeda claimed responsibility for the Northwest bombing in a Monday statement that vowed more attacks on Americans.

American officials agreed to send the two terrorists from Guantanamo to Saudi Arabia where they entered into an "art therapy rehabilitation program" and were set free, according to U.S. and Saudi officials.

Guantanamo prisoner #333, Muhamad Attik al-Harbi, and prisoner #372, Said Ali Shari, were sent to Saudi Arabia on Nov. 9, 2007, according to the Defense Department log of detainees who were released from American custody. Al-Harbi has since changed his name to Muhamad al-Awfi.

Both Saudi nationals have since emerged in leadership roles in Yemen, according to U.S. officials and the men's own statements on al Qaeda propaganda tapes.

Werbung:
Two al Qaeda Leaders Behind Northwest Flight 253 Terror Plot Were Released by U.S.

Yes and yet some Americans put all their faith in the Federal Government to do all things even though the Feds consistently fail at the simplest of things.

A captured terrorist does not deserve Constitutional rights. He deserves an execution as FDR did to Nazis captured in American during WWII. How far we have fallen.

From the ARTICLE: Two of the four leaders allegedly behind the al Qaeda plot to blow up a Northwest Airlines passenger jet over Detroit were released by the U.S. from the Guantanamo prison in November, 2007, according to American officials and Department of Defense documents. Al Qaeda claimed responsibility for the Northwest bombing in a Monday statement that vowed more attacks on Americans.

Here's a THOUGHT...since they were released during the other guy {G.W.B.} reign maybe the men released had nothing/absolutely NOTHING to do when they went home {no job/no family/no home}...seems like they would be easy pickins for the Taliban/Al Qeada for recruiting. But WTH do I know...I don't have a crystal ball like you do :D

Good Grief your thought process seems locked in your teens;)

"I'm sure glad the Democrats have been screaming loud and long about how unfair it is for us to keep war prisoners at Guantanamo Bay in Cuba."

Another lie. Name one Democrat that has ever said keeping prisoners (note: It's another lie of yours that they're 'war prisioners'.) is unfair.

But since you listed the date they were released, it was Republicans that cut 'em loose. You did realize that didn't you?

"I'm sure glad the Democrats have been screaming loud and long about how unfair it is for us to keep war prisoners at Guantanamo Bay in Cuba."

Another lie. Name one Democrat that has ever said keeping prisoners (note: It's another lie of yours that they're 'war prisioners'.) is unfair.

But since you listed the date they were released, it was Republicans that cut 'em loose. You did realize that didn't you?

no I did not, I read headlines, then scream and yell I hate Obama and Dems...I don't aculy read what happened. I don;t care about facts...signed ..little acorn

The key word here is "allegedly".

This is mediaspeak for a deliberate misinformation ploy by the War Party faithfully carried out by the lickspittle "mass" media.

Also, respect for due process seems to have gone out the window when phrase such as

"...The suspected bomber, 23-year-old Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, told FBI agents he was trained for his Christmas Day mission in Yemen by top leaders of al Qaeda who provided him with the explosive materials... "

are published.

This is not evidence - just a dubious statement "leaked" by the US Justice gestapo.

Al Qaeda is a US right-wing invention. Any lie can be propagated in their name ?

Is there a war in the wind ?

Comrade Stalin of Gori

This is mediaspeak for a deliberate misinformation ploy by the War Party faithfully carried out by the lickspittle "mass" media.

Also, respect for due process seems to have gone out the window when phrase such as

"...The suspected bomber, 23-year-old Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, told FBI agents he was trained for his Christmas Day mission in Yemen by top leaders of al Qaeda who provided him with the explosive materials... "

are published.

This is not evidence - just a dubious statement "leaked" by the US Justice gestapo.

Al Qaeda is a US right-wing invention. Any lie can be propagated in their name ?

Comrade Stalin of Gori

yawn, your mindless its all a American Conspiricy crap...never gets any more true no matter how often you say it....

In your mind America is evil..yet of course its impossible to belive that anyone would attack it of there own free will , they must all be pawns of the US....

are published.

Comrade Stalin of Gori

I've had the opportunity of working along side the people who keep the U.S. safe and have risked their lives fighting the aggression of Al-Qaeda on at least three continents. So, I base my point of view on first hand recounting of what is really happening out in the world. Comments like the the one above demonstrate that your opinion is derived from some biased journalism and your own imagination.

In this country you have the right to your opinion, so I won't disrespect your point of view, but don't state it like it's a fact. If you were back in the old Soviet Union, you would have been breaking blocks in a Gulag long ago for your comments. Respect your freedom of voice by differentiating facts from opinion.

Here's a THOUGHT...since they were released during the other guy {G.W.B.} reign maybe the men released had nothing/absolutely NOTHING to do when they went home {no job/no family/no home}...seems like they would be easy pickins for the Taliban/Al Qeada for recruiting. But WTH do I know...I don't have a crystal ball like you do :D

Good Grief your thought process seems locked in your teens;)

They were part of a group that the Saudi government thought they could retrain and un-brainwash. If I recall, 112 detainees went through this program. The program currently has an admitted 30% failure rate. I don't care who did it...it was a stupid idea and almost cost a lot of American's their lives. Having 30 or move active terrorists back int he world is just stupid.

Werbung:
Clearly not enough that we had anything on them, or they would not be set free...something the nutz seem to forget...if we let them go, we have a reason normaly...aka we don't have crap to hold them on.

They were part of a group that the Saudi government thought they could retrain and un-brainwash. If I recall, 112 detainees went through this program. The program currently has an admitted 30% failure rate. It was a stupid idea and it almost cost a lot of American's their lives. Having 30 or more active terrorists back int he world is just stupid.

Back