3 family members killed in Chicago suburb home invasion

Little-Acorn

Looks like some lowlifes weren't too worried about the consequences of breaking into a home while the family was inside, blowing several of them away, and walking out again.

If Chicago laws change so that law-abiding people are finally allowed to own guns in their homes, most people still won't carry or even own guns. But some will, and the bad guys won't know which ones they are.

Do you suppose any of the home-invaders might have second thoughts about smashing into a private home, knowing that it might be one of the ones with armed residents inside who can shoot back?

As always, deterrence is the most important effect of constitutional permission for law-abiders to own guns. Most people still won't bother, but some will, and the home-invaders, muggers, rapists etc. won't know which ones they are.

It's enough to make a self-respecting criminal consider a new line of work.

The U.S. Supreme Court is hearing arguments today in a case on Chicago's gun ban - a ban obeyed only by people who obey the law. Too bad they didn't hear it and decide the case earlier. Three Chicago residents (plus many others) might still be alive today.

----------------------------

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,587732,00.html?loomia_ow=t0:s0:a4:g4:r3:c0.000000:b0:z5

3 Family Members Killed in Chicago Suburb Home Invasion

Tuesday, March 02, 2010

March 2: Three family members were killed in their Darien, Ill., home in an apparent home invasion.

Three people who were found fatally shot inside their house after an apparent home invasion in west suburban Darien, Ill., Tuesday morning have been identified, MyFoxChicago.com reported.

Police Chief Robert Pavelchic said the victims were Jeffrey Kramer, 50, Lori Kramer, 48, and their son, Michael Kramer, 20. Pavelchic also said three other people were inside the home at the time of the shooting: a daughter, a son and another woman whose relationship to the family is not yet known.

At 2:59 a.m. police received a call from the daughter, who is believed to be in her early 20s, inside the house. She was hiding upstairs and told police she heard a suspicious noise or shots fired in the home in the Tara Hill subdivision in the 8900 block of Kilkenny Drive, according to Darien Deputy Police Chief John Cooper.

Police found a woman and two men fatally shot in the house, where they all lived, according to Cooper.

The three who survived the attack were being interviewed the Darien Police Department and contacting other family members.

Jeffrey Kramer owns a towing company in Cicero, but police had no information about whether the family business may be somehow involved in the shooting.

The incident was an apparent home invasion according to Cooper who said no one — including the person who called police — witnessed the attack although they were inside the house.

No children were there and none of the victims were taken to hospitals, Cooper said.

Although a suspect is not in custody, police do not consider it a threat to anyone else.

“Yes, there is somebody out there," Cooper said, but also said they did not consider it a public safety issue, and schools or homes in the area were not evacuated.

Werbung:
How come there was so much shooting in the Wild West? If carrying a gun is a deterrent, that should have been the most peaceful era in American history.

And how come the murder rate in Chicago is 900 times what it is in England where guns are illegal?

I agree that all competent, law abiding....adult citizens have the right to be armed for self defense. I also believe we collectively (government) have the right to set reasonable limits on that right.

Example: Your right to free speech does not allow you to yell "Fire" in a crowded theater..... without legal repercussions if done maliciously. (there are actually quite a few legal limits on free speech such as libel, slander, sedition, etc)

How come there was so much shooting in the Wild West? If carrying a gun is a deterrent, that should have been the most peaceful era in American history.
These people crack me up... Clearly his primary source of information for the "old west" is Hollywood, not History.

How come there was so much shooting in the Wild West?
There wasn't.

If carrying a gun is a deterrent, that should have been the most peaceful era in American history.

And so it was. Thanks for proving the point.

Aside from (rare) Indian attacks and defenses, and the VERY occasional violent outlaw (who nonetheless got all the press, just like today), the "old West" was a pretty peaceful place. In part because people knew that if they got violent, there would be others around who didn't like people getting violent, and they had guns too.

Guns in the old West were used mostly to shoot snakes, wolves, and to make noise to scare off various critters. Their use against humans was very rare, despite what Zane Grey and Louis L'Amour say. Those authors, and others like them (including today's movie producers), wrote fiction, remember? Only a very few incidents depicted, were based on fact.

Then as now, guns saved far more lives than they took.

When I can be bothered I will cite the supporting information

You will be made to look even more ridiculous than you already do and that is saying something.

watch this space fools

There wasn't.

And so it was. Thanks for proving the point.

Aside from (rare) Indian attacks and defenses, and the VERY occasional violent outlaw (who nonetheless got all the press, just like today), the "old West" was a pretty peaceful place. In part because people knew that if they got violent, there would be others around who didn't like people getting violent, and they had guns too.

Guns in the old West were used mostly to shoot snakes, wolves, and to make noise to scare off various critters. Their use against humans was very rare, despite what Zane Grey and Louis L'Amour say. Those authors, and others like them (including today's movie producers), wrote fiction, remember? Only a very few incidents depicted, were based on fact.

Then as now, guns saved far more lives than they took.

Out of curiosity, do you agree that society has the right to set some...reasonable limits on an individual's right to bear arms?

You will be made to look even more ridiculous than you already do and that is saying something.

watch this space fools

We are waiting with bated breathe, but alas we have little faith in YOU.

I am allowing you maximum opportunity to make fools of yourselves and you are grabbing it with both hands

I notice that you lot haven't come back with any real challenge to my post on Thatcher.

I will sort you all out on that one too.

What makes me laugh out loud is that you could check this information yourselves but you would rather stick your chin out for me punch it and I promise you numbnuts you are going to be waking up with a crowd round you.

Werbung:

watch this space fools

Well, we will be waiting a long time for you to prove any of your BS. So, try to answer this question, as if you will with any sense of reality, why is Britain the most violent country in Europe, and even more so then the US?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ry-Europe-Britain-worse-South-Africa-U-S.html

Back