34 years ago today

Little-Acorn

34 years ago today, on May 25, 1977, the first Star Wars movie ("Episode 4: A New Hope") was released.

And Han Solo did shoot first... as he should have. That scene has since been altered by wimps unknown in an attempt to kiss the asses of the politically correct, putting Han's life unnecessarily in greater danger.

Six years to the day after that, the third ("Episode 6, Return of the Jedi") was released.

Werbung:
34 years ago today, on May 25, 1977, the first Star Wars movie ("Episode 4: A New Hope") was released.

And Han Solo did shoot first... as he should have. That scene has since been altered by wimps unknown in an attempt to kiss the asses of the politically correct, putting Han's life unnecessarily in greater danger.

Six years to the day after that, the third ("Episode 6, Return of the Jedi") was released.

I got a chuckle out of the "Family Guy" satire of it.

Also, did anyone ever see the short film satire "Hardware Wars"? Hilarious.

I don't know anything about the Star Wars thing. My wife is a big Star Wars fan, and she is a big "Trekkie" (not the extreme-type that goes to the conventions, but she loves all of the Star Trek "franchises"). She got me interested in the "newer" Star Treks a few years ago, but that's it for me. I'm just not a big fan of "science fiction" movies.

George Lucas is a big-time leftie, so the whole "wimpy PC" thing is no big surprise.

The Cantina scene in Star Wars has got to be one of the most satirised scenes in movie history. The only time my dad ever pulled me out of school (except for Tigers opening day) was to go see Star Wars.

The Cantina scene in Star Wars has got to be one of the most satirised scenes in movie history. The only time my dad ever pulled me out of school (except for Tigers opening day) was to go see Star Wars.

Tigers, as in Detroit Tigers? Ah yes, baseball at the old Tiger Stadium. Been there a few times myself.

The Trumbull/Michigan Ave. neighborhood was god-awful, but there is nothing like baseball at the "old" stadiums, and nothing like the golden voice of Ernie Harwell on the radio.

Werbung:
Tigers, as in Detroit Tigers? Ah yes, baseball at the old Tiger Stadium. Been there a few times myself.

The Trumbull/Michigan Ave. neighborhood was god-awful, but there is nothing like baseball at the "old" stadiums, and nothing like the golden voice of Ernie Harwell on the radio.

That neighborhood is still God-awful, but I miss the old stadium. I used to love coming home on leave when I was in the Army because I got into Tiger games for free :D

Back