45 Million down the drain?

dahermit

San Francisco's Golden Gate, bridge to eternity, is to be made "safer" with an expensive safety net. About 2,000 people have jumped since 1934. If the intent is to save lives, that 45 million would be better spent on Cancer research or some other cause.
I would rather a suicidal person jump from the bridge than commit suicide by driving head-on into my car. Seems that if a person is prevented from jumping from the bridge, they will find another way, like the person who jumped to his death in Jackson, MI by diving out a restroom window in the highest building available.
Evidently, the people who think that a net will stop jumpers on the Golden Gate are not aware that any tall building will do.

http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/iconic-golden-gate-bridge-to-get-45m-suicide-net/19573836

Werbung:
Great. Another example of the government passing laws to save us from ourselves.

I wonder how many will jump into the net just for the thrill of it? It could become a local sport.

Great. Another example of the government passing laws to save us from ourselves.

I wonder how many will jump into the net just for the thrill of it? It could become a local sport.

Hahah so true... it will probably become a frat thing, all the pledges have to jump off the Golden Gate bridge.

In light of the fact that suicides will just go elsewhere, the 45 million is not being spent to stop them, only to not have the city of San Francisco be embarrassed by the jumpers choosing the bridge as their final swan dive. In short, 45 million spent on Public Relations to improve their image.

Kings of unintended consequences. Good that you can look to the logical outcome of such an initiative. Congratulations.

Werbung:
Thats why we need 2 new parties. Look at England politics. They have 4 Parties. We need Democratic Party,Republican Party,Tea Party and Workers Party.

Back