50 billion AU$ for new submarines

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
The biggest deal in the military history of the country: Australia signed the contract to buy new submarines from France DCNS for 50 billion AU$. The first vessels will ship 2030.

DCNS won with its Shortfin Barracuda A1 submarine design, a conventionally-powered derivative of the nuclear-powered Suffren-class submarine under construction for the French Navy. Unlike the Suffrens, however, Australia’s submarines will be armed with US weapons and a US combat systems integrator, either Raytheon or Lockheed.

Werbung:
2030 ? 14 years in the making seems like a lot for an existing design.
And if they're concerned about PRC that lead time seems useless.
Curious how Aus22 feels about this as he tends to fret about ticking PRC off.

It takes a long tie to build so many submarines. This purchased is the latest n Australia attempt to keep friendly with our major military partner the USA but also keep friendly with our major trade partner China>we do not want to tick off PRC as it will effect our trade. But we want to be part of the American alliance

It takes a long tie to build so many submarines. This purchased is the latest n Australia attempt to keep friendly with our major military partner the USA but also keep friendly with our major trade partner China>we do not want to tick off PRC as it will effect our trade. But we want to be part of the American alliance
But you're buying french subs.
I'm glad you guys are active on your own defense and your help in hard situations. Your military is very much respected by ours.

We bought the Subs from French as they allow apart of them to be built in Australia. It is politically important that we keep jobs in our ship building industry.
Thee was a statement last night by our foreign Minister that we had not been ask to join the American exercise in the South China Sea.

We bought the Subs from French as they allow apart of them to be built in Australia. It is politically important that we keep jobs in our ship building industry.
Thee was a statement last night by our foreign Minister that we had not been ask to join the American exercise in the South China Sea.
Well let's hope we eliminate the foreign policy disaster of team O in a few weeks.

Dogtowner . I am puzzled by your comments about the foreign disaster of team O. Are you a Trump supporter or do you think Hillary ha a different foreign policy to Obama?

Dogtowner . I am puzzled by your comments about the foreign disaster of team O. Are you a Trump supporter or do you think Hillary ha a different foreign policy to Obama?
I believe she has an identical foreign policy. What small differences she used to have were surrendered when she had to go bend the knee to rescue her dying campaign from Sanders.
I would vote for anyone else before I'd vote for her.
Trump is far from perfect but he represents the only chance of saving this country from 3rd world class corruption we got from bo.

Dogtowner. I do not think much of either Presidental candiidates. But I fear a Trump presidency as he seems mad.

Dogtowner. I do not think much of either Presidental candiidates. But I fear a Trump presidency as he seems mad.
I would advise never visiting NYC then. He's pretty normal for there. Takes some getting used to but he is anything but mad (as in crazy I'm assuming, not as in in I'll humor).

Einstein described doing the same thing over and over expecting a different outcome is insane. That precisely what hrc wants to do.

Just sayin...

Sometimes it is frustrating seeing the totals of the numbers of the money that is spend on things that we never see. Just looking at the federal budget is intimidating, and when there is so much money at stake no wonder there is so much greed and corruption up at the top. Submarines are pretty cool, though.

Dogtowner I am not in the USA let alone New York so Trump to Australians seems mad. I agree new policies are needed, but I prefer Sanders. In any case given the nature of American politics, Trump might be killed then we get Pence. But Vice President candidates seem better.
Rz2200 , Welcome I do agree governments waste money. Are you referring to the Australian or American government?

Sometimes it is frustrating seeing the totals of the numbers of the money that is spend on things that we never see. Just looking at the federal budget is intimidating, and when there is so much money at stake no wonder there is so much greed and corruption up at the top. Submarines are pretty cool, though.
They certainly are cool

Dogtowner I am not in the USA let alone New York so Trump to Australians seems mad. I agree new policies are needed, but I prefer Sanders. In any case given the nature of American politics, Trump might be killed then we get Pence. But Vice President candidates seem better.
Rz2200 , Welcome I do agree governments waste money. Are you referring to the Australian or American government?
I hear ya Aus... I thought northners were insane too but I got to know them and they're good people, just have a whole different manner about them

TRUE story...

The head of accounting and I were working through a problem that had come up (I was responsible for accounting computer systems). In the back and forth new York ers use volume and tone for emphasis. Things got loud. My boss wandered past and was agast. When the problem was resolved my boss reamed me out for my behavior (he is southern). Later that week in a management meeting, the accounting manager singled me out for getting the problem understood and resolved quickly avoiding missing importent reporting deadlines and recommended I be given a perk. My boss was stunned. But he was a good man, admitted he miss read the situation told me to keep doing what I do and I got a night on the town with the missus.

New York ers are their own sort of animal but they are good people.

Werbung:
dogtowner, After the recent scandal Australian media give Trump no chance of winning.

Back