A Deal With Iran

Oh well. Saudi Arabia has just now announce they are going to build nuclear bombs and Turkey will follow.

So much for "peace in our time" Obama. He has a way of making things happen by being passive.

Werbung:
I think it was only a matter of time before more countries decided to take up that position. Nuclear weapons seemed to have been pushed to one side a little as nobody thinks a country will have the nerve to actually go ahead and use them.

Where the middle east is concerned I can't think of a country that won't!

Iran has never said it wants a nuclear weapon. It wants nuclear power for domestic peaceful uses. We are negotiable with Israel who has thousands of nuclear weapons and threatens to use them.
Riiight! And we are supposed to believe them, because they haven't been irrational at all, and they consider the US to be their BFF? What is so difficult to understand about a nuclear Iran being a threat to the civilized world? And whether one believes the Bible or not, Israel is constantly under the threat of siege by radicals in the ME! Listen to Ahmadinijad's rants once in awhile. It's not rocket science.

The question that should be on all your lips is why we have not already went to war with Iran over this. I'll answer it for you. There are a couple reasons why we have no pursued a war with Iran. One is that it would be costly with their surface to air defense system. They also have a pretty advanced land to sea defense systems as well....good enough to threaten our most expensive assets at a rate that the USA finds unacceptable for the threat presented. The other reason is that they already know Iran presents no real threat to the USA themselves.

What I worry about is some of that material getting into the hands of rebels and / or other state actors. That is more of a problem than Iran. One launch and IsRaEl would turn that nation into glass and they know it. The USA has already had to threaten to shoot down nuclear bombers heading to Iran more than once.

I have to agree, especially with Iran posing no real threat to the US. If it did, or if Iran had any sort of impact on how the US or any other western country conducted it's business, then something would have been done a long time ago.

We're all aware that the only reason we got involved with Iraq was because of the oil, we didn't care much about the impact on the people of Kuwait.

The North Koreans lied about nuclear weapons, so why wouldn't Iran? These extremist regimes cannot be trusted, even though moderate elements exist in Iran. At the core, Iran is a militant theocracy similar to the former Taliban regime.

Werbung:
I believe a long journey starts with a single step. I think having a barely workable agreement is better than none at all. Governments are made up of individuals not the monoliths and edifices we are used to seeing. They realize that they have common interests and a nuclear war is not an option.

Back