A modest proposal for a tax increase both liberals and conservatives will like

Little-Acorn

Who says tomorrow's tax rates have to be higher than today's, for there to be a tax-rate increase?

For many years, when debating "spending cuts", politicians in both parties have said things like, "We had been planning to raise spending by 15%, but we've now decided to raise it only 10%. There you go, a 5% spending 'cut'!"

So why can't we do that to tax rate increases?

Simply make a plan to cut tax rates by 20% next year. Wait a month, then announce, "Well, we changed that plan. Now we'll only cut them 15% next year instead. There... we just increased tax rates by 5%!"

Problem solved. Liberals are happy because they get what they've always called a 5% tax increase. And normal Americans are happy too, because they'll be paying 15% less taxes next year, than they did this year, on the same income.

No, no need to thank me. Happy to help out! :D

Werbung:
I think liberals have to be proven wrong, even then it doesn’t usually work but semi sane people who are now in the raise taxes camp because they keep hearing it will help might change their minds if they see its not working.

I say let obama tax whatever he wants, give him total freedom to tax the hell out of all of us or some of us as long as there is an agreement that for every penny he raises taxes on anyone that same number must go to cutting spending. And all savings on cutting spending and all increases on raising taxes ALL go to paying off the debt.

So let’s say he raises taxes on the rich 50 percent, then he has to have a 50 percent cut in spending (not including our troops or security)

And the only other thing to agree on is it sunsets on his last day in office. If it works then we can vote it back in again if it doesn’t then we can move on to a real plan.

Everyone should just quit their jobs and go on welfare and food stamps. That would fix the economy faster than anything else.

Everyone should just quit their jobs and go on welfare and food stamps. That would fix the economy faster than anything else.
NO!

That is The Cloward–Piven strategy. That is exactly what they want you to do. If everyone gets on welfare it collapse the system then it must be rebuilt but with their hands and ideas not the founders.

I’d rather see all the "normal" rich people buy Texas and make a capitalist state that welcomes other capitalists to come work and then when this system collapse and it would, they could look at the place built and see what things could be like.

Well Texas would have to leave the union so they are not federally mandated to be stupid like the rest of the country.

Everybody likes going on strike, why not the tax payers? Now that France has their new 75% tax increase, their tax payers are protesting with their feet.

Werbung:
its not against the law to not pay taxes. its against teh law to not file or file fraudulently. just sayin...

well true, but then they pile on fines and interest....at some point they would then garnish your wages or take your property

Back