A Real Holocaust: Dresden -- 13 February 1945

Dude111

http://globalfire.tv/nj/08en/history/dresden.htm

How approximately 500,000 Germans were exterminated in one night

The Germans would have to be angels and saints to forget and forgive all the injustices, atrocities and cruelties which they have suffered, twice in a generation, without any provocation, from the allies. Just imagine what would we, as Americans, do if we had been treated as we treated the Germans, our cruelty would have no limits in revenging our suffering! Reverend Ludwig A. Fritsch, Ph. D., D. D. emer., Chicago, 1948 [more]
Very very sad....

I AM JUST SO SICK OF ALL THIS EVIL AND THE HUMAN ANIMAL RACE IN GENERAL..... NO OTHER LIFEFORM DOES THIS AND ITS JUST SICK..

Werbung:
No other life forms do it because they haven't the ability, we do it because we haven't evolved enough to stop. Fire bombing Tokyo was worse, but then Auchwitz and Nanking weren't cake walks either. They started it, we finished it.

No other life forms do it because they haven't the ability, we do it because we haven't evolved enough to stop. Fire bombing Tokyo was worse, but then Auchwitz and Nanking weren't cake walks either. They started it, we finished it.

Now that makes a great deal of sense.

The OP is most absurd. Of all the terrible destruction of human life throughout history, the OP picks Dresden. It sure fits the left wing play book of dumping on America.

:rolleyes:

Dumping on America would be not admitting bad policies and not correcting them. I saw nothing wrong with our actions in WWII in that the decisions were made in earnest by decent people trying to save the lives of Allies. The fire bombing of Dresden had no appreciable effect other than to steel the German will, our assets could have been used better elsewhere. The thought was to break the German will to fight so the tactic failed, but the tactic was not borne out of hate so much as frustration at a capeable enemy. Worrying about the lives of our enemies in such a large conflict is pointless and counterproductive. Johnny come lately historians who try to capture the intentions of long dead leaders in a time where our culture is different and our situation not so dire are talking out their arses'

don't try to take over the world and kill off whole races...and maybe you will not get the crap bombed out of you.

See? This is what I mean about lefties. They believe absurdities and make up fallacious arguments.

To this lefty, America IS REALLY trying to take over the world and KILL OFF WHOLE RACES...and we get 'bombed' because of our actions...

Is this not completely without factual basis? Is it not the rantings of someone completely out of touch?

http://globalfire.tv/nj/08en/history/dresden.htm

How approximately 500,000 Germans were exterminated in one night

Very very sad....

I AM JUST SO SICK OF ALL THIS EVIL AND THE HUMAN ANIMAL RACE IN GENERAL..... NO OTHER LIFEFORM DOES THIS AND ITS JUST SICK..

From wiki:
"In March 1945, the Nazi regime ordered its press to publish a death toll of 200,000 for the Dresden raids. Death toll estimates as high as 500,000 have been given. An independent investigation commissioned by the city council in 2010 reported a maximum of 25,000 victims."

Also:

"The inquiry declared the elimination of the German ability to reinforce a counter-attack against Marshal Konev's extended line or, alternatively, to retreat and regroup using Dresden as a base of operations, were important military objectives. As Dresden had been largely untouched during the war due to its location, it was one of the few remaining functional rail and communications centres. A secondary objective was to disrupt the industrial use of Dresden for munitions manufacture, which American intelligence believed to be the case. The shock to military planners and to the Allied civilian populations of the German counterattack known as the Battle of the Bulge had ended speculation that the war was almost over, and may have contributed to the decision to continue with the aerial bombardment of German cities."

Overall point being....don't start a war if you are not prepared to accept the consequences.

See? This is what I mean about lefties. They believe absurdities and make up fallacious arguments.

To this lefty, America IS REALLY trying to take over the world and KILL OFF WHOLE RACES...and we get 'bombed' because of our actions...

Is this not completely without factual basis? Is it not the rantings of someone completely out of touch?

I think he is talking about Hitler in his comments, not the US.

The real number of casualties in Dresden was around 20,000 but it's still twice the number of those civilians killed during the bombing of Tokyo. After Dresden, Churchill had moral qualms about strategic bombing in general, which was aimed at breaking German morale and encouraging them to rise against the regime to bring about its internal collapse, even though Dresden was a military target and bombing the city would help the Red Army's advance towards Berlin.

From wiki:
"In March 1945, the Nazi regime ordered its press to publish a death toll of 200,000 for the Dresden raids. Death toll estimates as high as 500,000 have been given. An independent investigation commissioned by the city council in 2010 reported a maximum of 25,000 victims."

Also:

"The inquiry declared the elimination of the German ability to reinforce a counter-attack against Marshal Konev's extended line or, alternatively, to retreat and regroup using Dresden as a base of operations, were important military objectives. As Dresden had been largely untouched during the war due to its location, it was one of the few remaining functional rail and communications centres. A secondary objective was to disrupt the industrial use of Dresden for munitions manufacture, which American intelligence believed to be the case. The shock to military planners and to the Allied civilian populations of the German counterattack known as the Battle of the Bulge had ended speculation that the war was almost over, and may have contributed to the decision to continue with the aerial bombardment of German cities."

Overall point being....don't start a war if you are not prepared to accept the consequences.

I loved how they fiddled with the death toll numbers. Must have learned that trick from the Jews.

The real number of casualties in Dresden was around 20,000 but it's still twice the number of those civilians killed during the bombing of Tokyo. After Dresden, Churchill had moral qualms about strategic bombing in general, which was aimed at breaking German morale and encouraging them to rise against the regime to bring about its internal collapse, even though Dresden was a military target and bombing the city would help the Red Army's advance towards Berlin.

It had NOTHING to do with breaking German morale. Dresden was a major manufacture/supply point for the Nazi military, and was therefore a valid military target. Do NOT make it out to be more than it was. My grandfather, who was there in the thick of things during WWII, told me things, and he remarked about all the bullshit liberal rewriting of history. Damn straight Churchill had qualms, but he knew it was a very important STRATEGIC target. Bombing the city had absolutely nothing to do with the civilians. I would suggest you cut the bullshit.

Dumping on America would be not admitting bad policies and not correcting them. I saw nothing wrong with our actions in WWII in that the decisions were made in earnest by decent people trying to save the lives of Allies. The fire bombing of Dresden had no appreciable effect other than to steel the German will, our assets could have been used better elsewhere. The thought was to break the German will to fight so the tactic failed, but the tactic was not borne out of hate so much as frustration at a capeable enemy. Worrying about the lives of our enemies in such a large conflict is pointless and counterproductive. Johnny come lately historians who try to capture the intentions of long dead leaders in a time where our culture is different and our situation not so dire are talking out their arses'

Great, another idiot who thinks the bombing of Dresden was an attempt to break morale. Once again, it was a major STRATEGIC target. Please look up the word 'strategic', then get back to me, yes? It is entirely idiotic to believe that my British forebears flew all the way to Dresden, into heavy AA fire along with dealing with ME-109s, just to mess with the 'morale' of the enemy. Absolutely a stupid, and wrong supposition. I know the facts for I have been privy to them. You are just another liberal pussy attempting to rewrite history and it annoys the fuck out of me because my family suffered during WWII. I would suggest you clam up about things you know nothing. I take this personally.

Werbung:
The past 150 years have taught us that the technologies of war often advance more rapidly than the political philosophies, military strategies, and military tactics of war. On occasion, the opposite has been true as well.

Union and Confederate armies used antiquated Napoleonic tactics in the US Civil War, and the deaths that resulted were staggering. By WWI, armies were using the tactics of the US Civil War against technologies of the early 20th century, again with disastrous results for both sides. WW2 was a sad example of the failure of both political and military leadership. The failures of WW2 were ones of (1) the use of tactics for which technology was unprepared, and (2) political and military failures in the strategies and tactics adopted by both sides.

Germany adopted a tactic (possibly by accident at first) of bombing British cities as a means of destroying civilian morale. Britain and America seriously tried to employ a policy of bombing only cities where military targets existed. Unfortunately for the allies and the Axis, this time, the technologies of war were less-advanced than necessary to meet the objective. There were no smart-bombs nor laser-guided munitions then, and the resulting destruction and death was mainly among civilian populations.

In today's world, Wars are being waged by armies of civilians. Our opponents are not wearing the uniform of any nation. Many of those fighters are willing to die in attacks often aimed at civilian targets, not military ones. As we saw on 9/11, the results of their attacks can be as destructive as many conducted during WW2. When your military opponent is identifiable only by his religious philosophy and the nations from which most fighters come, how do you fight him successfully?

Back