ACORN worker caught on tape!!!

Werbung:
John Conyers was going to investigate Acorn. He called it off and his reason was that the "powers that be" did not want to.

wonder who he is talking about. Isn't Obama and Rham Emanuel the "powers that be"

In fact.. a few hours after he said that statement, he referred to himself as "the powers that be" Huh? Why not just say I didn't want to. Seems like he's hiding something

So it's simple. If the "powers that be" drop their protest of the investigation, then you can say Obama and the dems aren't involved.

I will agree with you that we cant blame democrats in general or even obama for what acorn is doing, UNLESS they keep hiring them with tax payer money even after learning about voter regestration fraud and the two things that have just come out with the mortage fraud. And I agree we can not blame obama or democrats in general UNLESS they try and stop investigations on acorn or protect acorn in anyway.

But this second part about these being very very isolated incidences? there are 2 stories in two different cities about the fraud with mortages and there are hundreds of cases in 14 states of voter regestration fraud. In many of those cases the acorn worker has already plead guilty.

Cant we just at least agree this group should not be getting government funding and should not be working for the government in any way?

If we as a nation cant even agree on something this simple then we really and truly have no hope of ever being a true United States again.

There is a time not so far back in our history that this would be a given.

I think reasonable people can agree that ACORN doesn't represent the Democratic Party, and that it should not be getting government money.

The question is whether or not there are enough reasonable people to counter the rabid and unreasonable partisans in both parties.

Someone posted that they have been fired from doing the census. I hope that's correct. Can anyone back it up?

Here's the story on the Census Bureau firing Acorn

Census Bureau severs ties with ACORN in 2010 count
Buzz up!715 votes Send
Email IM Share
Delicious Digg Facebook Fark Newsvine Reddit StumbleUpon Technorati Twitter Yahoo! Bookmarks Print Featured Topics: Barack Obama By HOPE YEN, Associated Press Writer Hope Yen, Associated Press Writer – Fri Sep 11, 7:07 pm ET
WASHINGTON – The Census Bureau on Friday severed its ties with ACORN, a community organization that has been hit with Republican accusations of voter-registration fraud. "We do not come to this decision lightly," Census director Robert Groves wrote in a letter to ACORN, which was obtained by The Associated Press.

In splitting with ACORN, Groves sought to tamp down GOP concerns and negative publicity that the partnership will taint the 2010 head count.

"It is clear that ACORN's affiliation with the 2010 census promotion has caused sufficient concern in the general public, has indeed become a distraction from our mission, and may even become a discouragement to public cooperation, negatively impacting 2010 census efforts," Groves wrote.

Stephen Buckner, a census spokesman, confirmed the letter, but declined additional comment.

ACORN spokesman Scott Levenson did not immediately return a request for comment.

In recent months, Republicans have become increasingly critical of the census' ties with ACORN, which stands for the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now. The group, which advocates for poor people, conducted a massive voter registration effort last year and became a target of conservatives when some employees were accused of submitting false registration forms with names such as "Mickey Mouse."

ACORN has said only a handful of employees submitted false registration forms and did so in a bid to boost their pay.

Partly citing ACORN's role, Sens. Richard Shelby, R-Ala., and David Vitter, R-La., earlier this year blocked a full confirmation vote of Groves for several weeks. Rep. Michelle Bachman, R-Minn., also has been calling for a census boycott because of her concerns about whether the group would tamper with the high-stakes population count.

Up to now, the Census Bureau had defended ACORN's involvement, explaining it was one of 80,000 unpaid volunteer groups that the bureau hoped would be able to raise local awareness. But in his letter, Groves said it no longer had confidence that ACORN was effectively managing its partnership.

ACORN fired two employees who were seen on hidden-camera video giving tax advice to a man posing as a pimp and a woman who pretended to be a prostitute. Fox News Channel broadcast excerpts from the video on Thursday. On the video, a man and woman visiting ACORN's Baltimore office asked about buying a house and how to account on tax forms for the woman's income. An ACORN employee advised the woman to list her occupation as "performance artist."

In a statement, ACORN Maryland board member Margaret Williams said the video was an attempt to smear ACORN, and that undercover teams attempted similar setups in at least three other ACORN offices. Williams said no tax returns were filed and no assistance was provided

Here's the story on the Census Bureau firing Acorn

Census Bureau severs ties with ACORN in 2010 count
Buzz up!715 votes Send
Email IM Share
Delicious Digg Facebook Fark Newsvine Reddit StumbleUpon Technorati Twitter Yahoo! Bookmarks Print Featured Topics: Barack Obama By HOPE YEN, Associated Press Writer Hope Yen, Associated Press Writer – Fri Sep 11, 7:07 pm ET
WASHINGTON – The Census Bureau on Friday severed its ties with ACORN, a community organization that has been hit with Republican accusations of voter-registration fraud. "We do not come to this decision lightly," Census director Robert Groves wrote in a letter to ACORN, which was obtained by The Associated Press.

In splitting with ACORN, Groves sought to tamp down GOP concerns and negative publicity that the partnership will taint the 2010 head count.

"It is clear that ACORN's affiliation with the 2010 census promotion has caused sufficient concern in the general public, has indeed become a distraction from our mission, and may even become a discouragement to public cooperation, negatively impacting 2010 census efforts," Groves wrote.

Stephen Buckner, a census spokesman, confirmed the letter, but declined additional comment.

ACORN spokesman Scott Levenson did not immediately return a request for comment.

In recent months, Republicans have become increasingly critical of the census' ties with ACORN, which stands for the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now. The group, which advocates for poor people, conducted a massive voter registration effort last year and became a target of conservatives when some employees were accused of submitting false registration forms with names such as "Mickey Mouse."

ACORN has said only a handful of employees submitted false registration forms and did so in a bid to boost their pay.

Partly citing ACORN's role, Sens. Richard Shelby, R-Ala., and David Vitter, R-La., earlier this year blocked a full confirmation vote of Groves for several weeks. Rep. Michelle Bachman, R-Minn., also has been calling for a census boycott because of her concerns about whether the group would tamper with the high-stakes population count.

Up to now, the Census Bureau had defended ACORN's involvement, explaining it was one of 80,000 unpaid volunteer groups that the bureau hoped would be able to raise local awareness. But in his letter, Groves said it no longer had confidence that ACORN was effectively managing its partnership.

ACORN fired two employees who were seen on hidden-camera video giving tax advice to a man posing as a pimp and a woman who pretended to be a prostitute. Fox News Channel broadcast excerpts from the video on Thursday. On the video, a man and woman visiting ACORN's Baltimore office asked about buying a house and how to account on tax forms for the woman's income. An ACORN employee advised the woman to list her occupation as "performance artist."

In a statement, ACORN Maryland board member Margaret Williams said the video was an attempt to smear ACORN, and that undercover teams attempted similar setups in at least three other ACORN offices. Williams said no tax returns were filed and no assistance was provided

Excellent! Here's another:

The Census Director has sent a letter to the National Headquarters of ACORN notifying the group that the Census Bureau is severing all ties with the community organizing group for all work having to do with the 2010 census.

Acorn is Obama's buddy. Anybody that suggests Obama has nothing to do with ACORN
is a liar!

1. Obama worked as an attorney for ACORN in Chicago

2. Obama worked as a “leadership trainer” for ACORN’s community organizing

3. Obama said ACORN and its friends will shape his presidential agenda

ACORN gave out free cigarettes and booze to the homeless in some big cities to vote for him, according to huffington blog, which is a liberal publication.

Obama paid em back with Porkulous money if you didn't notice. No coincidenece there!

It's no good, it's just called CHANGE!

Acorn is Obama's buddy.

They gave out free cigarettes and booze to the homeless in some big cities to vote for him, according to huffington blog.

Obama paid em back with Porkulous money.

It's all good, it's just called CHANGE!

If it was on the Huffington Blog, then it must be totally, 100% factual! They wouldn't spin or distort the truth in any way, would they?

I think reasonable people can agree that ACORN doesn't represent the Democratic Party, and that it should not be getting government money.

The question is whether or not there are enough reasonable people to counter the rabid and unreasonable partisans in both parties.

Someone posted that they have been fired from doing the census. I hope that's correct. Can anyone back it up?

I hope you had a good trip :)

I am not sure what a reasonable person is anymore :)

I think we lack them !

I will agree with you that we cant blame democrats in general or even obama for what acorn is doing, UNLESS they keep hiring them with tax payer money even after learning about voter regestration fraud and the two things that have just come out with the mortage fraud. And I agree we can not blame obama or democrats in general UNLESS they try and stop investigations on acorn or protect acorn in anyway.

But this second part about these being very very isolated incidences? there are 2 stories in two different cities about the fraud with mortages and there are hundreds of cases in 14 states of voter regestration fraud. In many of those cases the acorn worker has already plead guilty.

Cant we just at least agree this group should not be getting government funding and should not be working for the government in any way?

If we as a nation cant even agree on something this simple then we really and truly have no hope of ever being a true United States again.

There is a time not so far back in our history that this would be a given.

All good people, you and I together, agree that if something is illegal it should be stopped.

The problem is when we blow something so far out of proportion. Take ACORN just for an example. Without doubt they've legally registered to vote HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS if not MILLIONS of people and done THOUSANDS of good things for the poor and the homeless.

And there's been a few isolated instances of over zealous multiple registration due to signing bonuses... but in almost every single case the person that was multiply registered still could only vote once. And a few instances where workers didn't refuse to give housing help to someone "saying" the had bad intentions.

In these cases people should be fired and the correct policy should be made crystal clear. But that doesn't mean the whole operation is bad by any means.

I bet you could go into car dealers or stock brokers or any other big business and get a lot more dirt on them with illegal business practices if you really wanted to spend the time doing it.

So I'm with you on firing any bad apples... but don't believe you throw the baby out with the bathwater just because a few did something unethical.

All good people, you and I together, agree that if something is illegal it should be stopped.

The problem is when we blow something so far out of proportion. Take ACORN just for an example. Without doubt they've legally registered to vote HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS if not MILLIONS of people and done THOUSANDS of good things for the poor and the homeless.

And there's been a few isolated instances of over zealous multiple registration due to signing bonuses... but in almost every single case the person that was multiply registered still could only vote once. And a few instances where workers didn't refuse to give housing help to someone "saying" the had bad intentions.

In these cases people should be fired and the correct policy should be made crystal clear. But that doesn't mean the whole operation is bad by any means.

I bet you could go into car dealers or stock brokers or any other big business and get a lot more dirt on them with illegal business practices if you really wanted to spend the time doing it.

So I'm with you on firing any bad apples... but don't believe you throw the baby out with the bathwater just because a few did something unethical.

if all it were was a few bad apples I could agree with you but we have years of illegal activity and curruption with acorn. They should not be getting tax dollars, they just should not.

We can always use more.

And, I had a great trip. I haven't been on the scales as yet, but we did eat our way to Mexico and back.

Haha, mexican food can pack on the pounds thats for sure. I am glad you are back safe!

Agreed, we can use a few more reasonable people. Question... who is the most reasonable person you know? Pick a public person so Ill know who you are talking about

Werbung:
At least $53 million in federal funds have gone to ACORN activists since 1994, and this Obama group was to receive $8.5 billion more tax dollars, after Obama took office, despite being under investigation for voter registration fraud in a dozen states.

It's called CHANGE!

Back