Actress tweets for gun safety... and half her followers dump her

Little-Acorn

For those of you who believe certain parts of our society aren't tolerant enough, and give too many knee-jerk reactions... you're right.
A man of questionable mental capability left a loaded gun where his 4-year-old son could get it. The son found it, started playing with it, it went off, and killed the father.

This actress heard about it on the news, and Tweeted how horrible it was, and that people should practice gun safety.

And half her followers dumped her!

Easy come, easy go. (The Twits, not the father.)

Don't worry, Miss. You only lost the half that weren't worth keeping anyway. The average IQ of your Follower list just doubled.

BTW, I've heard no reports of any tendency for this father to leave a car parked, keys in the ignition, engine running, and door open, in the middle of a kindergarten playground during school hours. That would be no different from leaving a loaded gun where a 4-year-old could get to it. This guy did one but not the other, for some reason.

---------------------------------------

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...ter-loses-half-her-followers/?intcmp=features

Actress Katee Sackoff urges gun safety on Twitter, loses half her followers

Published June 11, 2013

Actress Katee Sackoff said she lost half of her Twitter followers when she tweeted a message urging people to practice gun safety.

After watching a television report about a four-year-old who accidentally shot and killed his father with a loaded gun that had been left unattended at a friend’s house, the “Battlestar Galactica” star tweeted Monday:

“Please practice gun safety. This is horrible!”

Soon after, Sackoff’s Twitter feed blew up with followers advocating gun control instead of gun safety.

“Here's a radical idea folks. How about NO gun?” one wrote.

Sackoff responded to her critics: “Never gonna happen in the US. Proper gun safety is a necessity though.”

That did not satisfy many, who continued to criticize her initial comment.

Sackoff tried to elaborate on her position: “Just to be clear...I NEVER said automatic guns should be legal!“

But it was too late. While many came to her defense (“I don't understand why @kateesackhoff got so much flack for a gun safety tweet. She's right”), her initial comment apparently cost her about 100,000 Twitter followers.

Later on Monday, Sackoff tweeted: “On a lighter note since I've lost half my followers due to talking about gun safety...the sun is shining & Happy Monday! Love your neighbor today!”

Werbung:
pussy gun owners get pissed someone says don't let your kids play with your gun.. Throw Feces at wall...and go jerk off to Guns and Ammo.

I don't understand your comment. According to the article it wasn't gun owners who dumped her, it was gun control advocates who left her.

I don't understand your comment. According to the article it wasn't gun owners who dumped her, it was gun control advocates who left her.
All of POS's comments are that way.

They are so filled with typical leftist anger and hatred, they always miss the point of the topic altogether and end up only spewing personal attacks and profanities!

All of POS's comments are that way.

They are so filled with typical leftist anger and hatred, they always miss the point of the topic altogether and end up only spewing personal attacks and profanities!

Actually what I was confused about is why he thinks I'm masturbating to Guns and Ammo. Everyone knows that American Shotgunner is the magazine to spank it to.

By the way, a whole day with out a mass shooting with a Assault weapon...

12000 americans will die because the NRA cares more about its guns then lives.

I am not sure where you got your stat. It seems that you just invented it, or are attempting to twist it to make a point that is not there. FBI data on murders from 2007-2011 (latest data available on their site) states that in 2011, there were 12,664 murders, but only 8,583 of these were with a firearm. The number of these done by "rifle" is a grand total of 323.

To put that in perspective, rifles are responsible for roughly 2% of all murders, and about 4% of all firearm murders (based on 2011 stats). Now, it is equally absurd to assume that every murder done with a "rifle" equates to an "assault weapon", but for the sake of argument I will ignore reality and assume that such a statement is true.

So, to get this straight. You are saying that the NRA is responsible for all murders(not just the gun murders, but ALL murders) in the country....nevermind that no one (not D's not R's) are going out trying to ban handguns...and that since basically the Assault weapons ban failed (somewhat due to NRA lobbying) that now the NRA is somehow responsible for all murders -- ignoring that only 2% of firearm murders are conducted with a "rifle" (assuming that every "rifle" is an "assault weapon").

I am not sure where you got your stat. It seems that you just invented it, or are attempting to twist it to make a point that is not there. FBI data on murders from 2007-2011 (latest data available on their site) states that in 2011, there were 12,664 murders, but only 8,583 of these were with a firearm. The number of these done by "rifle" is a grand total of 323.

To put that in perspective, rifles are responsible for roughly 2% of all murders, and about 4% of all firearm murders (based on 2011 stats). Now, it is equally absurd to assume that every murder done with a "rifle" equates to an "assault weapon", but for the sake of argument I will ignore reality and assume that such a statement is true.

So, to get this straight. You are saying that the NRA is responsible for all murders(not just the gun murders, but ALL murders) in the country....nevermind that no one (not D's not R's) are going out trying to ban handguns...and that since basically the Assault weapons ban failed (somewhat due to NRA lobbying) that now the NRA is somehow responsible for all murders -- ignoring that only 2% of firearm murders are conducted with a "rifle" (assuming that every "rifle" is an "assault weapon").
The blabbering of an irational mind put into perspective Thanks Rob!

POS doesn't read stats. He just throws crap out, hoping to get a response, so he can say something nasty.
Yes! I know. Again, a clear and consistent example of an irrational mind filled with wacko lefrist anger and hatred!

Very common condition among wacko leftist.

Wacko leftist, just like all the tweeters that were attacking this woman for tweeting common sense gun saftey, are all the same.

Speaking of low/no information Obama supporters like the tweeters in this article I came across this story and I couldn't help but recognized what all Obama supporters have in common and think about everyones favorite low/no information member who is always spewing typical leftist hate on this site.

Cops: Man Wearing Obama T-Shirt Exposed Self To Female Walmart Shopper

The story is no even worth clicking on but, the comments below the story will have you laughing for the rest of the day. Well worth the time ... :)

Werbung:
Back