Adulturation of Food by Buisness: Hot Dogs

dahermit

When I was a kid growing up, Eckrich and Oscar Mayer hot dogs were made out of pork and in compliance with Michigan Law, were required to be made from striated muscle tissue (no organs, lips, udders, etc.). The two brands were consider to be the very best available in Michigan, and I can attest to the fact that they were unsurpassed in taste.
At some point, both Eckrich and Oscar Mayer Began to add poultry (chicken and or turkey) to their products. The effect was a disgusting tasting product that was no longer the premium product that it was before the addition of poultry.
It is notable that several years after the practice of putting poultry into the product, there was a bacterial contamination issue in Eckriches' Zeeland, Michigan poultry plant and they temporarily went back to their pork-only based product and the wonderful flavor was back again. Unfortunately, the return to a good tasting product was temporary...scare gone, poultry back.
It is also noteworthy that most of Eckriche's cold cuts (Pickle & Pimento loaf, Olive loaf, etc.)contain poultry and have also suffered the effect of diminished flavor.
I have written to both companies and received a form letter from Eckrich containing a $10 coupon for their meat products. I sent the coupon back to them and told them that they missed the point. The point is that their poultry included products are too disgusting to eat.
It is also noteworthy that when the two companies began to add poultry to their products, they did not lower the price (poultry meat is less expensive than pork). They still wanted the price of a premium product for the cost of chicken hot dogs.
If you are one of the people who are aware of this issue and are offended by the taste of poultry adulterated meat products, please send a letter to both Oscar Mayer and Eckrich and voice your concerns and ask for a return of quality products.

Werbung:
Back