Afro-american perspectives on Obama

Werbung:
Has anyone actually listened to these ?

There is plenty of ammo for all you Obama-haters out there.

Comrade Stalin

Has anyone actually listened to these ?

There is plenty of ammo for all you Obama-haters out there.

Comrade Stalin

Sorry - I couldn't get further than the ass-kissing d___ sucking intro by the uninformed new zealand MORON bimbo - to characterize an old race hustler like cornell west as "one of america's most prominent intellectuals" goes beyond my vomit threshold.

Noelle is Irish, not a New Zealander.

You don't actually contibute to debate, just sloganize.

Please rise above insult and abuse. I know you can.

Think of "whites" as quantum mechanics and "blacks"as the Special Theory and work out why they can't get along.

"...West has called the U.S. a "racist patriarchal" nation where "white supremacy" continues to define everyday life. "White America," he writes, "has been historically weak-willed in ensuring racial justice and has continued to resist fully accepting the humanity of blacks." This has resulted, he claims, in the creation of many "degraded and oppressed people hungry for identity, meaning, and self-worth." Professor West attributes most of the black community's problems to "existential angst derive[d] from the lived experience of ontological wounds and emotional scars inflicted by white supremacist beliefs and images permeating U.S. society and culture."[15]

In West's view, the September 11, 2001 attacks gave white Americans a glimpse of what it means to be a black person in the United States—feeling "unsafe, unprotected, subject to random violence, and hatred" for who they are.[16] "The ugly terrorist attacks on innocent civilians on 9/11," he said, "plunged the whole country into the blues."[16]

Comrade Stalin

Noelle is Irish, not a New Zealander.

You don't actually contibute to debate, just sloganize.

Please rise above insult and abuse. I know you can.

Irish, new zealander, albanian - who cares? She's an uninformed imbecile sucking his d___ HARD because he's black and hates the US. And what "insults"? You simply advertise your ignorance with every post. I've followed cornell west for YEARS. Besides being a notorious anti-white racist, he's a phony "scholar" - he has even been criticized by the leftwing for the poor quality of his work, see eg All and Nothing: The Unreal World of Cornel West,” The New Republic, March 6, 1995, pp. 31-6

You need to get your mouth off the koolaid pitcher and read up on some REAL american history.

Irish, new zealander, albanian - who cares? She's an uninformed imbecile sucking his d___ HARD because he's black and hates the US. And what "insults"? You simply advertise your ignorance with every post. I've followed cornell west for YEARS. Besides being a notorious anti-white racist, he's a phony "scholar" - he has even been criticized by the leftwing for the poor quality of his work, see eg All and Nothing: The Unreal World of Cornel West,” The New Republic, March 6, 1995, pp. 31-6

You need to get your mouth off the koolaid pitcher and read up on some REAL american history.

Written by a man who is a fully paid up member of the War Party with had a cameo appearance in the odious Sopranos, a TV series that romantized violence, corruption and perverse family values

"..Wieseltier was a frequent target of satire monthly Spy Magazine, which often derided his analyses of pop culture as comically pretentious, and mocked him as "'Leon Vee-ZEL-tee-AY'" who "jealously guards his highbrow credentials while wearing a lowbrow heart on his sleeve." [5] His perceived tendency to name-drop references to high culture, politics and philosophy in inappropriate contexts has also come under criticism.[6][7]

In reference to being called a 'Jew-baiter' by Wieseltier, Andrew Sullivan has said that 'Wieseltier is a connoisseur and cultivator of personal hatred' - referring to a dislike based on 'tedious' causes that Wieseltier allegedly has held regarding him for a long time.[8]

All your posts are irrelevant ( again ) because the context is what both are saying about Obama, not the interviewer or their personalities.

You need to get your mouth clear of abuse and logical fallacy and get into some logic, rigour and humanity.

I will be grateful for some references to real american history - please supply.

Comrade Stalin

Irish, new zealander, albanian - who cares? She's an uninformed imbecile sucking his d___ HARD because he's black and hates the US.

The script she is reading from was probably written by a researcher.

Please do not keep using terms like moron and imbecile for the same person.

They have define meanings.

Comrade Stalin

more on the great Leon Wieseltier

It is certainly true that he is hard, almost impossble to read.

"..Leon Wieseltier is a pompous self-proclaimed policeman of the culture who refuses to be edited. As a result, his writing is virtually impossible to read all the way through.

Michael Kinsley, early in his tenure as editor of The New Republic, edited one of Leon's turgid essays. Leon threw a hissy fit, went over Michael's head to the owner of the magazine (Marty Peretz) and reserved for himself the right to never be edited.

After publishing his over-praised book Kaddish, again unreadable except in sections, Wieseltier was invited to Temple Sinai in Westwood by Rabbi David Wolpe to be a scholar in residence at the shul one weekend and speak about his book. Instead, Leon used all but one of his lectures to expound on his views on the Clinton and Lewinsky scandal, much to the rabbi's displeasure.

After receiving a Modern Orthodox education at the Yeshiva of Flatbush, Wieseltier led a famously dissolute life.

Dominic Lawson writes in the 11/14/94 Spectator: "...the journalist Leon Wieseltier... the literary editor of New Republic, is the nearest thing the political correctness mob have to a cultural Gauleiter. In an interview with New York magazine earlier this year Mr. Wieseltier referred grandly to 'part of my job of policing the culture'. (See the policeman wield his truncheon in this issue's letters pages.)"

9/18/03

Talking to The Los Angeles Times about the controversy over Gregg Easterbrook's blog about Jewish Hollywood on tnr.com, Leon attributed it in part "to the hubris of this whole blogging enterprise. There is no such thing as instant thought, which is why reflection and editing are part of serious writing and thinking, as Gregg has now discovered."

3/6/06

"I went to see Wieseltier speak," says a source. "He's kind of a dick. He just read his treatise on Jewish messianic thought – nothing that I didn't already know and hard to absorb what was unique about it. Then he took questions on whatever. Some of the old folks were complaining that he read in a monotone. That was the extent of his performance. The average age of the audience was 65."

I've never heard a good word about Wieseltier's public speaking. He's the most over-rated intellectual in American letters.

Feb. 9, 2010

In an article on Andrew Sullivan, The New Republic's Literary Editor Leon Wieseltier writes: "He is the master, and the prisoner, of the technology of sickly obsession: blogging–and the divine right of bloggers to exempt themselves from the interrogations of editors–is also a method of hounding."

What's with calling "blogging" the technology of sickly obsession? Why is it more sickly obsessive than cell phones? What is sick obsession? Why are you dogged and I am obsessed?

A lot of people have called me obsessed in my blogging. I know then that they lack argument and can only use cheap put-downs.

A Google search could not turn up Leon Wieseltier's email address. I guess he doesn't want to be questioned. It's so much more comfortable just to pronounce.

http://www.lukeford.net/profiles/profiles/leon_wieseltier.htm

..hmm ..."..A lot of people have called me obsessed in my blogging. I know then that they lack argument and can only use cheap put-downs..." now where have I heard that before.

Cornell Stalin

Written by a man who is a fully paid up member of the War Party

dimwit-level defamation

with had a cameo appearance in the odious Sopranos, a TV series that romantized violence, corruption and perverse family values

His role had NOTHING to do with promoting any of that - on to your next defamation. :rolleyes:

"..Wieseltier was a frequent target of satire monthly Spy Magazine, which often derided his analyses of pop culture as comically pretentious, and mocked him as "'Leon Vee-ZEL-tee-AY'" who "jealously guards his highbrow credentials while wearing a lowbrow heart on his sleeve." [5] His perceived tendency to name-drop references to high culture, politics and philosophy in inappropriate contexts has also come under criticism.[6][7]

Second-hand defamation. :D And everyone knows Spy Magazine is one of the mainstays of western civilization.

In reference to being called a 'Jew-baiter' by Wieseltier, Andrew Sullivan has said that 'Wieseltier is a connoisseur and cultivator of personal hatred' - referring to a dislike based on 'tedious' causes that Wieseltier allegedly has held regarding him for a long time.[8]

Anyone with IQ above 20 knows of Sullivan's steadfast antisemitic reputation. :rolleyes:

All your posts are irrelevant ( again ) because the context is what both are saying about Obama, not the interviewer or their personalities.

Cornell West is, once again, a mediocre intellect who got where we did because of "affirmative action". In that respect, he's like obozo. :D He's also a well-known anti-white racist - what can be learned by listening to anything he says?

You need to get your mouth clear of abuse and logical fallacy and get into some logic, rigour and humanity.

BLAAAAAAAAAAAA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!

Still no substance.

West is an expert on race as affects his race.

You would not call an expert on terror a terrorist.

Your post on the improvement in Gifford's condition indicates that you are well past your time to move on to a right-wing squalkbox where your humourless racist abuse will find a more friendly audience.

Post what you like, but I think people will just ignore you.

I don't think you are a scientist, just some dropout with a problem.

Try reading your own posts.

Even Gipper is probably embarassed by your position.

Thanks for your time and good luck with your life

Comrade Stalin

Werbung:
Cornell West is not just a intellectual ... he also produces hip hop records

"..Hip-hop is under constant fire for portraying negative images, but Princeton religion professor Cornel West says it is untapped as a positive social force. With his new album Never Forget: A Journey of Revelations, he hopes to inspire a shift in the music's emphasis.

He lectures on such politically charged topics as the war in Iraq, the n-word, homophobia, corporate power and the aftermath of 9/11 with musical support from Andre 3000, Jill Scott, KRS-One, Killer Mike, the late Gerald Levert and others. The first two singles are the pointed Dear Mr. Man, featuring Prince, and incendiary Bushonomics, with Talib Kweli.

"It's very important to have a sense of history, especially for the younger people," says West, 54, who has endorsed and is advising Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama.

"So much of the album has to do with trying to keep alive the spirit of Curtis Mayfield, where you bring together the spiritual and the social, the personal and the political, while keeping it artistic. In hip-hop, there is a real need for that."

West, author of 17 books, including 1993's Race Matters, meshed politics, scholarship and music on 2001's Sketches of My Culture and 2004's Street Knowledge. But where those albums infused jazz, blues and R&B, Never Forget focuses on hip-hop to appeal to younger listeners.

It's the first release on Hidden Beach Forum. Founder Steve McKeever says the new Hidden Beach imprint is similar to Motown's Black Forum label, which released recordings by Martin Luther King Jr., black nationalist Stokely Carmichael and poet Imamu Amiri Baraka in the early 1970s.

As much as "80% of the media that we hear, read or see is controlled by six companies," McKeever estimates. "Then you have a situation where you have these towering figures who don't have a large microphone to speak from. Cornel clearly had something to say."

West says he didn't know how many artists he'd be able to get to participate in the project, though he had relationships with KRS-One (who has attended West's classes for years) and Levert (who featured West on the title track of 2004's Do I Speak for the World). But it didn't take long before stars started getting on board.

The album comes in the wake of a firestorm of criticism aimed at hip-hop after CBS Radio shock jock Don Imus' disparaging remarks about the Rutgers University women's basketball team. Imus was fired, but the debate over rap lyrics intensified.

Never Forget is not a direct critique of hip-hop, but West says rappers have to be responsible for what they say and portray.

"We know that misogyny is shot through the culture," West says. "It's in country. It's in rhythm and blues. It's in the White House, and it's on Wall Street. So you can't just single out the hip-hop artists and have them bearing the burden for the whole culture. On the other hand, Snoop Dogg is just as accountable as anybody else."

West encourages rappers to be more thoughtful in their rhymes.

"We need to respectfully challenge them on the issues of misogyny and homophobia," he says. "You can hear that on the album, too. Quit bashing gay brothers and lesbian sisters. Quit this domestic violence."

http://www.usatoday.com/life/music/news/2007-08-27-cornel-west-album_N.htm

Cornell Stalin

Back