After DREAM Act defeated in Senate, Obama admin enacts it anyway by Executive Order

Little-Acorn

Last December, a bill to let illegal aliens stay in the U.S. if they were enrolled in school, serving in the military, or etc., was voted down by the Senate.

Last Friday, the Obama administration decided it was OK to enact it anyway, and issued orders that Immigration officers should no longer deport illegal aliens who were enrolled or enlisted.

Am I the only one who finds this act by Obama, astounding? I've seen no mention of it in any mainstream news service or publication. I had to dig pretty hard to find it on the Internet, and didn't try to post anything about it until I found it in a fairly reputable source.

Frankly, when I first heard about it, I thought it must be a joke, maybe an article found in The Onion... though it isn't particularly funny, unlike their usual publications. Now I'm just standing here with my mouth open.

Somebody help me out here. Isn't the Presiden't job "to take care that the laws of the United States be faithfully executed." ? Isn't that his WHOLE job?

Did I miss the part where it turned into "to decide which laws of the United States shall be executed and which shall not be" ?

My cartoon-watching kids would call this "morphing". But that's because they watch cartoons.

What on Earth has Barack Obama been watching, that gave him the idea he can tell the Border Patrol NOT to enforce immigration law???

Defunding them is one thing (as many Presidents have done). Failing to send officers to do the job is another (which those same Presidents have done).

But ACTIVELY TELLING THEM TO NOT BUST ILLEGALS because they have enrolled in school or whatever???

Please, somebody wake me up and tell me I'm just having a bad dream here.

Please?

----------------------------------

http://news.yahoo.com/s/dailycaller/20110620/pl_dailycaller/whitehouseloosensborderrulesfor2012_1

White House loosens border rules for 2012

Mon Jun 20, 6:28 pm ET

President Barack Obama’s administration is quietly offering a quasi-amnesty for hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants, aiming to win reelection by mobilizing a wave of new Hispanic voters without alienating the populous at large, say supporters of stronger immigration law enforcement.

The new rules were quietly announced Friday with a new memo from top officials at the US Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agency. The “prosecutorial discretion” memo says officials need not enforce immigration laws if illegal immigrants are enrolled in an education center or if their relatives have volunteered for the US military.

“They’re pushing the [immigration] agents to be even more lax, to go further in not enforcing the law,” said Kris Kobach, Kansas’ secretary of state. “At a time when millions of Americans are unemployed and looking for work, this is more bad news coming from the Obama administration… [if the administration] really cared about putting Americans back to work, it would be vigorously enforcing the law,” he said.

“We think it is an excellent step,” said Laura Vasquez, at the Hispanic-advocacy group, La Raza, which pushed for the policies, and which is working with other groups to register Hispanics to vote in 2012. “What’s very important is how the prosecutorial discretion memo is implemented” on the streets, she said.

The Hispanic vote could be crucial in the 2012 election, because the Obama campaign hopes to offset its declining poll ratings by registering new Hispanic voters in crucial swing states, such as Virginia and North Carolina.

To boost the Hispanic vote, the administration has enlisted support from Hispanic media figures, appointed an experienced Hispanic political operative to run the political side of the Obama reelection campaign, and has maintained close ties to Hispanic advocacy groups, including La Raza. For example, La Raza’s former senior vice president and lobbyist, Cecilia Munoz, was hired by the Obama administration as director of intergovernmental affairs in 2009.

On Friday, officials at ICE announced several new administrative changes to immigration enforcement.

The primary document was the six-page “prosecutorial discretion” memo, which provided new reasons for officials to not deport illegal immigrants.

(Full text of the article can be read at the above URL)

Werbung:
Re: After DREAM Act defeated in Senate, Obama admin enacts it anyway by Executive Ord

What you see here yet AGAIN is the limitless arrogance and contempt for the rule of law and democracy of leftwing statists.

Re: After DREAM Act defeated in Senate, Obama admin enacts it anyway by Executive Ord

You guys are talking out your arses. Except for a few extremeists like Santorum most of the GOP would have gladly passed this bill, it's the right thing to do. But the public has been led to believe this is plot to give amnesty to 11 million illegals so the mainstream GOP (pussies that they are) caved to the rhetoric of the teabaggers. You put your life on the line for our nation, you are a citizen as far as I'm concerned

You guys are talking out your arses. Except for a few extremeists like Santorum most of the GOP would have gladly passed this bill, it's the right thing to do. But the public has been led to believe this is plot to give amnesty to 11 million illegals so the mainstream GOP (pussies that they are) caved to the rhetoric of the teabaggers. You put your life on the line for our nation, you are a citizen as far as I'm concerned

just like the chickenhawks...attack those who did something most of the tea party never did for its nation, risked more....and act like your better then them...because your mom happen to pop you out in the right borders. These people have to earn it, they where given it.

The dreamact is the right thing to do.

It needs to be enacted, and if Congress doesn't have the courage to do it, I'm glad our President does!

It is NOT an amnesty program. It protects young people who are in every sense of the word already citizens of this country from being deported and being basically without a country. They were brought here by no fault of their own, they have committed no crime, some of them have defended this country, they have lived by the rules of this country, and they have the right to remain in this country permanently as LEGAL citizens.

:D

You've taken leave of your senses - even the RINOs wouldn't support such a banana republic stunt anymore, since all the ass-kissing of hispanics george bush did re illegal alien invaders didn't get him any more hispanic votes.

It needs to be enacted, and if Congress doesn't have the courage to do it, I'm glad our President does!

It is NOT an amnesty program. It protects young people who are in every sense of the word already citizens of this country from being deported and being basically without a country. They were brought here by no fault of their own, they have committed no crime, some of them have defended this country, they have lived by the rules of this country, and they have the right to remain in this country permanently as LEGAL citizens.

No actually, it gives a free ride to people who have made a mockery of our immigration laws, and made fools out of the people who are legal immigrants and obey the law. It's a cynical political ploy in the lead up to the 2012 election.

Looks like the Obama internet Nazis have sent in another shill to take Pepper's place. I wonder how long this one will stay. 30 days?

Welcome, internet Obamanista!

Looks like the Obama internet Nazis have sent in another shill to take Pepper's place. I wonder how long this one will stay. 30 days?

Welcome, internet Obamanista!

gee calling the other size nazi's...always a sign you have no clue what your talking about...sad,

We have three branches of government for a reason...and regardless of your comments, you cannot overcome the fact that this legislation was not passed by Congress, and therefore should not be law.

If Congress wants to pass it, fine...even if Congress refused to vote on it and we had an Executive Order..fine...but Congress openly rejected it, which means it should not be law.

You argue " They were brought here by no fault of their own, they have committed no crime, some of them have defended this country, they have lived by the rules of this country, and they have the right to remain in this country permanently as LEGAL citizens."

This is simply incorrect. Simply by coming here they broke the law...by living in this country illegally, they have not lived by the rules of this country.

In terms of the military, I struggle with this one...certainly there can be loyal soldiers in the Army from Mexico (or wherever) in this fashion...but it does make one wonder...Is this person truly a loyal American when they disregard such a fundamental tenant of American life, such as the laws governing how one becomes an American?

Re the eternal mantra of the leftwing about illegal alien children: "they were brought here through no fault of their own". They are also here through no fault of the american people, who have to pay most of their bills. Saying people deserve citizenship because they were brought here through no fault of their own is a non-sequitur - it's like saying I should win the lottery because someone robbed my house.

Re the eternal mantra of the leftwing about illegal alien children: "they were brought here through no fault of their own". They are also here through no fault of the american people, who have to pay most of their bills. Saying people deserve citizenship because they were brought here through no fault of their own is a non-sequitur - it's like saying I should win the lottery because someone robbed my house.

It is like saying that if someone stole $10 million and gave it to me, then the rightful owner came and took it back from me, I deserve someone else to give me $10 million since it was not my fault you gave me stolen money.

It is like saying that if someone stole $10 million and gave it to me, then the rightful owner came and took it back from me, I deserve someone else to give me $10 million since it was not my fault you gave me stolen money.
Yeah, thats a valid comparison. The rhetoric from the right has prevented them from ever doing the right thing. To be sure, the president is stretching his power to enact the Dream Act, and I am sure Madison never dreamed of giving the president such authority, but Hamilton did. Perhaps you should have thought of that before you gave previous presidents the precedent. I am willing to bet not one of you ex military, especially combat veterans, would have the gall to face one of your Hispanic comrads who benefit from this act and tell him he doesn't deserve your respect in this way.

Werbung:

Yeah, thats a valid comparison. The rhetoric from the right has prevented them from ever doing the right thing. To be sure, the president is stretching his power to enact the Dream Act, and I am sure Madison never dreamed of giving the president such authority, but Hamilton did. Perhaps you should have thought of that before you gave previous presidents the precedent.

I'm not sure "the right" gave previous President's the precedent to enact Executive Orders. George Washington simply enacted them, and that was that. I don't think you can really put that on the shoulders of today's "right."

I am willing to bet not one of you ex military, especially combat veterans, would have the gall to face one of your Hispanic comrads who benefit from this act and tell him he doesn't deserve your respect in this way.

Many veterans groups, such as the American Legion openly oppose the DREAM Act, so I think it is misleading to paint the picture that the military and military vets (although certainly some do) all support the act.

That said, as I mentioned, I am torn on the issue of granting citizenship to those who serve in the military (especially in combat). If you want to enact a law that says combat vets can get citizenship, then I would support it...but when you add in all these other issues, it makes the bill less appealing...and ultimately, the legislation does nothing meaningful towards immigration reform, something both parties have failed for years to address.

Back