Amazing Olympic finish

Libsmasher

In the 100 meter butterfly, it looked like Michael Phelps was going to lose to a serbian swimmer. The serbian made a big mistake at the very end - he made his last stroke, and then was drifting what looked to be the last six inches. Phelps, who came from slightly behind, made an extra stroke in the time it took the serbian to drift the six inches - Phelps won by 1/100th of a second, the smallest measurable olympic time! Phelps now has 7 golds in one olympics, tieing mark spitz's 1972 record. He will have an attempt at an eighth tomorrow with a US relay team, which is expected to win.

Werbung:
In the 100 meter butterfly, it looked like Michael Phelps was going to lose to a serbian swimmer. The serbian made a big mistake at the very end - he made his last stroke, and then was drifting what looked to be the last six inches. Phelps, who came from slightly behind, made an extra stroke in the time it took the serbian to drift the six inches - Phelps won by 1/100th of a second, the smallest measurable olympic time! Phelps now has 7 golds in one olympics, tieing mark spitz's 1972 record. He will have an attempt at an eighth tomorrow with a US relay team, which is expected to win.

I hate to rain on your parade but I don't see anything "amazing" about that particular race at all. Phelps was heavily favored to win the butterfly, the fact that he had to come from behind and won by such a small margin means to me one thing... Phelps underperformed.

Oh really, is it not possible that the Serbian was simply having a really GOOD day? I swear, the negativity of some on the left never ceases to amaze me.

Let me add something else that I'm sure you will consider another example of "negativity." I've watched the replay of that finish numerous times and, unless my eyes are playing tricks on me, it sure looks like the Serbian touched first.

I'm not the only one who feels this way, I've seen that sentiment expressed on ESPN this morning and in several different forums. I'm not saying that race was necessarily fixed but, considering the track record of the Olympics, it's not beyond the realm of possibility.

I hate to rain on your parade but I don't see anything "amazing" about that particular race at all. Phelps was heavily favored to win the butterfly, the fact that he had to come from behind and won by such a small margin means to me one thing... Phelps underperformed.

You're olympic record of the longest streak of someone not knowing what they're talking about remains intact - the other guy was favored to win. :D About the other guy - Milo Cavic. He was born and raised in Orange County California (my county) and attended and swam at UC Berkley. I think maybe he has dual citizenship. His loyalties are with serbia. He is one example of the MANY olympic athletes who are trained in the US, typically at US universities, but then compete against the US for another country. Incidentally, he showed up at the european championships this summer with a shirt that said "Kosovo is Serbia", for which he was disqualified from participating.

I have noticed that people on the far left have a hard time finding anything they are proud of where our Country is concerned. I do not understand it but it does seem to be a pattern.

Those on the left choose to live their lives without red, white and blue blinders on.

I've noticed a pattern too but it involves the right wing......everything America does is good be it wars, sports, foreign policy etc., doesn't matter if there is evidence to the contrary, if America does it, it must be righteous. Those on the right seem to believe it's virtually sacrilegious to criticize the good old US. After all, America is the greatest country in the history of the world and God is on our side.

IMO, only a complete and utter fool would believe such nonsense. Logic dictates that no one country or person is right 100% of the time. Coming to grips with America's failures and searching for a better way is part of what the left is all about. Failure to acknowledge America's shortcomings is the right's primary calling card.

Those on the left choose to live their lives without red, white and blue blinders on.

I've noticed a pattern too but it involves the right wing......everything America does is good be it wars, sports, foreign policy etc., doesn't matter if there is evidence to the contrary, if America does it, it must be righteous. Those on the right seem to believe it's virtually sacrilegious to criticize the good old US. After all, America is the greatest country in the history of the world and God is on our side.

IMO, only a complete and utter fool would believe such nonsense. Logic dictates that no one country or person is right 100% of the time. Coming to grips with America's failures and searching for a better way is part of what the left is all about. Failure to acknowledge America's shortcomings is the right's primary calling card.

People on the right, though yes the actually do love the country and are actually proud of the country. I do not deny that. But they see when things are not right. The difference is when things are wrong they are wrong in the eyes of the conservatives. When things are wrong they are only wrong if you can blame a republican in the eyes of the far far left.

People on the right would be proud of our sports teams but we know we have corruption in our country. We know we have cases of priests who molested kids, a crazy ACLU that finds the worst and most disgusting immoral thing and runs to defend it, there are many Americans on the right who are not happy with Iraq and question how long we should be there. Not because they hate morals or their party and not because they are afraid we might have hurt some dictator some place. Because of compassion for the people in Iraq that have been hurt or killed as well as our own troops.

The problem is that people on the far far left are only proud of our country if we are on our knees cowering to some sick dictator or the UN.

You couldn’t stand that Lib kept posting about an American who did the best over and over, it really seemed to bother you that some American out there wasn’t on their knees licking the boot of some one or something else, you luckily found a nice communist team that beat us in something, as though.... i don’t know…….. it matters?

I think the far far left is very strange and really should re locate to some country where they can feel.... oppressed. Then they can feel happy, the problem is they wont be happy until we are all oppressed.

Oh man now that proud American President Bush has called Phelps to congradulate him and the right wing associated press called him the geatest athlete of all time.

will it never end! dont these people know we just suck a fatty!!!

You're olympic record of the longest streak of someone not knowing what they're talking about remains intact - the other guy was favored to win. :D About the other guy - Milo Cavic. He was born and raised in Orange County California (my county) and attended and swam at UC Berkley. I think maybe he has dual citizenship. His loyalties are with serbia. He is one example of the MANY olympic athletes who are trained in the US, typically at US universities, but then compete against the US for another country. Incidentally, he showed up at the european championships this summer with a shirt that said "Kosovo is Serbia", for which he was disqualified from participating.

Here's something interesting for you to ponder...Omega was the official timeskeeper for the butterfly event in which Phelps was judged to have beaten Cavic by 1/100 of a second. Guess who Omega's official spokesman is?......Michael Phelps.

Here's something interesting for you to ponder...Omega was the official timeskeeper for the butterfly event in which Phelps was judged to have beaten Cavic by 1/100 of a second. Guess who Omega's official spokesman is?......Michael Phelps.

Oh please. Its a conspiracy right? Was Bush behind it?

Oh please. Its a conspiracy right? Was Bush behind it?

Take a look at this photo, you tell me who is touching the wall first.

phelpscavic533.jpg

Werbung:
Take a look at this photo, you tell me who is touching the wall first.

phelpscavic533.jpg

Depending on if the top picture is first or second, the guy on the right. But no names are on them so I cant say.

I do not know sports that well or the rules to them, but the news said they thought this other guy could have touched the wall first but the sensor didnt go off so he didnt touch it hard enough if he did get to it first.

If it makes you feel better write to the Olympics and demand the American be stripped of all of his metals and maybe we can burn him in a fire at the Democratic convention to prove something to the rest of the world?

Back