America & GM makes their comeback

top gun

Like I said a year ago... never bet against America.

With much thanks to the Obama administration this great American icon is back in the game big time putting out some of the best vehicles on the road today. Hundreds of thousands of American GM workers jobs saved. Hundreds of thousands of associated supporting businesses American workers jobs saved.

GM returns to profit in 2010 first quarter
Mon. May 17

CHICAGO (AFP) – US auto giant General Motors reported Monday a post-bankruptcy quarterly profit for the first time in three years of nearly 900 million dollars.

The net income during the January-March period came on the back of sales and revenue of 31.5 billion dollars, up from 22.4 billion dollars in the corresponding period in 2009.

"We're pleased with our first-quarter performance, in particular achieving profitability," said Chris Liddell, GM vice chairman and chief financial officer.

"In North America we are adding production to keep up with strong demand for new products in our four brands."

In its first-quarter earnings report, GM said net income attributable to stockholders reached 865 million dollars from a massive loss of 5.98 billion dollars during the same period in 2009.

GM, which received 50 billion dollars of government financing for its bankruptcy restructuring, said last month it was able to pay off 8.4 billion dollars in government loans ahead of schedule.

It had reported a post-bankruptcy 2009 loss of 4.3 billion dollars.

Werbung:
Like I said a year ago... never bet against America.

With much thanks to the Obama administration this great American icon is back in the game big time putting out some of the best vehicles on the road today. Hundreds of thousands of American GM workers jobs saved. Hundreds of thousands of associated supporting businesses American workers jobs saved.

GM returns to profit in 2010 first quarter
Mon. May 17

CHICAGO (AFP) – US auto giant General Motors reported Monday a post-bankruptcy quarterly profit for the first time in three years of nearly 900 million dollars.

The net income during the January-March period came on the back of sales and revenue of 31.5 billion dollars, up from 22.4 billion dollars in the corresponding period in 2009.

"We're pleased with our first-quarter performance, in particular achieving profitability," said Chris Liddell, GM vice chairman and chief financial officer.

"In North America we are adding production to keep up with strong demand for new products in our four brands."

In its first-quarter earnings report, GM said net income attributable to stockholders reached 865 million dollars from a massive loss of 5.98 billion dollars during the same period in 2009.

GM, which received 50 billion dollars of government financing for its bankruptcy restructuring, said last month it was able to pay off 8.4 billion dollars in government loans ahead of schedule.

It had reported a post-bankruptcy 2009 loss of 4.3 billion dollars.

Geez even I could make a big profit if Uncle bailed me out.

Geez even I could make a big profit if Uncle bailed me out.
I highly doubt it Gip. You actually have to have a product that's worth a $hit!:D

Teabagging fear and misinformation works for only a select few big money guys like Druggie Limbaugh and Lonesome roads Beck.

As the Obama administration continues to clean up The Bush Recession (worst economic downturn since The Great Depression) we welcome you to root for America and this recovery along with us.

Stop dissembling Pops. The topic of discussion is Government Motors.

And now the American taxpayer will pay to clean up their mess. How nice!!! GM is a polluter...and libs hate polluters...but now since they are Government Motors, the taxpayer gets the bill.

Hell a five year old could make a profit running GM when the American taxpayer is paying for everything.

Closed GM plant in Wyoming to get federal money for cleanup

WASHINGTON -- The Obama administration on Tuesday proposed a trust fund of more than $800 million to pay for the clean-up of closed General Motors sites in 14 states, including the plant on 36th Street in the Grand Rapids area.
http://www.mlive.com/business/west-michigan/index.ssf/2010/05/closed_gm_plant_in_wyoming_to.html

Stop dissembling Pops. The topic of discussion is Government Motors.

And now the American taxpayer will pay to clean up their mess. How nice!!! GM is a polluter...and libs hate polluters...but now since they are Government Motors, the taxpayer gets the bill.

Hell a five year old could make a profit running GM when the American taxpayer is paying for everything.

First off... I CREATED THE TOPIC... so undoubtedly I know it.:D

GM is doing great now. An American icon and probably a million jobs were saved directly & indirectly. And no one gets a bill. GM paid back with interest just like Chrysler did 20 some years ago. The only thing left is for the government to start selling of there stock holdings.

Now that GM cut the fat by selling off or liquidating SAAB, HUMMER, PONTIAC, SATURN and all there super efficient models are hitting big time now one right after another... along with their standard Corvette & Camero performance line and their always tough truck line... it won't be long until that GM stock flies right back to the private sector & in high demand.

Take a minute to stop being a hater and get on America & the American workers side for once. Trust me... it will make you feel real good!

Pops you keep missing the point. You commented on GM making profits (strange, I thought Libs hate that word), strong stock, and thanking BO.

However, we the American tax payer are now funding their bank account and paying their liabilities. Anyone with a brain could make a profit with that arrangement. Even a liberal!!!

GM does have some good products. I agree with you. But I will never buy anything from Government Motors. I believe in capitalism not Fascism...

Werbung:
Pops you keep missing the point. You commented on GM making profits (strange, I thought Libs hate that word), strong stock, and thanking BO.

However, we the American tax payer are now funding their bank account and paying their liabilities. Anyone with a brain could make a profit with that arrangement. Even a liberal!!!

GM does have some good products. I agree with you. But I will never buy anything from Government Motors. I believe in capitalism not Fascism...

No... you just have no point. It's all just smears and fearmongering.

President Obama SAVED not only an unbelievable amount of good paying US jobs... but also SAVED one of the, if not the, top American icon.

GM paid back early and with interest. The government stabilizing stock holdings was smart and they too will be sold back to the private sector AT A PROFIT! And Federal help with various environmental clean ups happens for all types of industries not just GM.

All I can say is it's a shame for you that you can't get it together to buy GM. I just bought a brand new Black 2010 Chevy Equinox and it rocks the SUV thing and still get 32 mpg!!! SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I say get on board with AMERICA! Stop rooting against AMERICA! Go Tony Stewart and the OFFICE DEPOT #14 Chevrolet!

AMERICA START YOUR ENGINES!:D

Back