America Hits Unfortunate Imprisonment Landmark

Weed being illegal doesn't work, so a new approach is needed as it being illegal only adds the element of crime into it. The government can take out the crime, regulate the supply and the quality of it, eliminating many of the risks that come from buying and smoking the stuff.

Personal responsibilty is the key - nobody makes you smoke the stuff do they?

I understand. We will just have to agree to disagree. You will always see the current problems and believe the alternative is better. I am looking at the alternative problems and saying the current is better. Just like I see 70 thousand rapes and 600 thousand assaults and believe that prohibition with a few mobsters the FBI can deal with, is preferable.

It doesn't work is a bit subjective. I think it does. I know hundreds who have never tried weed, and one reason is because they know it's not legal. I know a few that got off it simply because it wasn't legal, and they didn't want to get in trouble.

Personal responsibility is the key, that doesn't mean we legalize speeding and say nobody makes you floor it in a school zone. No one makes them smoke it now, but they do, and they must face the consequences of their actions for doing an illegal drug. The actions and choices you make determine where you end up. You get high on your lunch break, fail to show up at work, get caught and end up broke and in jail, you have no one to blame but just and only, yourself. (true story)

Werbung:
Back