Americans Disapprove of Obamas Performance

asur

Here's some proof:

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Thursday shows that 28% of the nation's voters now Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as President. Forty percent (40%) Strongly Disapprove giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -12. That’s the lowest rating yet recorded for President Obama (see trends).

Maybe Americans are getting smarter?

Werbung:
wow a whole 40% dont approve? man if any more, that would almost be the same amount that did not vote for him anyway....also thats a few percent more then approved at all of Bush at the end.

but as for logic, and actuly knowing stats and how to use them, you can see your useing selective numbers....showing only the strongly agree and disagree....now if you showed the agree and disagree ( but not strongly) you would get a much better clear picture of how people actuly think he is doing.

Pocket - The facts are that BO had a very high approval rating a few months back.
But maybe people see they aren't getting jobs, that he isn't telling the truth, that
he may be a racist.

They aren't liking his hope and change now apparently.

It's gonna get worse for him, take it from someone who knows!

Pocket - The facts are that BO had a very high approval rating a few months back.
But maybe people see they aren't getting jobs, that he isn't telling the truth, that
he may be a racist.

They aren't liking his hope and change now apparently.

It's gonna get worse for him, take it from someone who knows!

in other words, what I said was correct and you have nothing

Now let's see... Bush ended with a 23% approval rating. Looks like Obama is still widely more popular than Bush. Maybe Americans think intelligence, competence, and actually respecting the Constitution is an improvement.

The smart ones do.

Now let's see... Bush ended with a 23% approval rating. Looks like Obama is still widely more popular than Bush. Maybe Americans think intelligence, competence, and actually respecting the Constitution is an improvement.

The smart ones do.

lets see now, could it be those same few left over hacks who still liked bush,,,well golly its very close to the same who strongly dont like Obama....I say if those are the ones who don't approve, then we must be doing something right

The smart ones do.

What an idiotic comparison. You have to compare polls from the same time in Bush's first term to get an actual comparison.

Here's some proof:

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Thursday shows that 28% of the nation's voters now Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as President. Forty percent (40%) Strongly Disapprove giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -12. That’s the lowest rating yet recorded for President Obama (see trends).

Yeah....maybe he needs to consult with Sarah Quayle-Palin...you know...to find-out how to improve his numbers!!

:D

Maybe Americans are getting smarter?

They surely ARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7.gif

Blacks will always back Obama no matter what. College kids will generally tend to remain loyal, as well, due to their neo-Marxist convictions. Women, Hispanics, and gays, however, could conceivably drift toward Hillary, who might to be to topple Obama in 2012.

DANGER DANGER!!!!!!!!!! RED HERRING ALERT!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

A poll is only a snapshot in time. If one wants to be honest about polling they present all the major polls and look for what is called an outlier. One that's way different than the the rest. That's a poll in which the sampling just by luck of the draw often hit a particular demographic or Party affiliation disproportionately.

Here's the real spread across the board...

RealClearPolitics Poll Averages
President Obama Job Approval

Poll Date Sample Approve Disapprove Spread

RCP Average 7/19 - 7/29 -- 53.4 39.6 +13.8

Gallup 07/27 - 07/29 1547 52 41 +11

Rasmussen Reports 07/27 - 07/29 48 51 -3

Time 07/27 - 07/28 56 38 +18

CBS News/NY Times 07/24 - 07/28 58 30 +28

NBC News/Wall St. Jrnl 07/24 - 07/27 53 40 +13

Pew Research 07/22 - 07/26 54 34 +20

NPR 07/22 - 07/26 53 42 +11

GWU/Battleground 07/19 - 07/23 53 42 +11

FOX News 07/21 - 07/22 54 38 +16

"What an idiotic comparison. You have to compare polls from the same time in Bush's first term to get an actual comparison."

What a lame idiotic defense of Bush. The Bush 23% approval rating was after America had a full look at his administration, and it was their final judgement of his eight year performance. The Obama poll is only after six months of wading in on all the Bush and Republican disasters he inherited.

What a lame idiotic defense of Bush. The Bush 23% approval rating was after America had a full look at his administration, and it was their final judgement of his eight year performance. The Obama poll is only after six months of wading in on all the Bush and Republican disasters he inherited.

Who is defending Bush? Anyway, in credible reports, comparisons are not based in the manner you are attempting to do so.

A normal comparison would be comparing the two Presidents at similar times in their administrations.

Your comparison would be akin to me taking the low approval rating of Congress, noting that the Democrats control it, and therefore predicting that the Democrats will get destroyed in 2010 due to low approval ratings.

Who is defending Bush? Anyway, in credible reports, comparisons are not based in the manner you are attempting to do so.

A normal comparison would be comparing the two Presidents at similar times in their administrations.

Your comparison would be akin to me taking the low approval rating of Congress, noting that the Democrats control it, and therefore predicting that the Democrats will get destroyed in 2010 due to low approval ratings.

I see what you're saying and if everything was apples to apples in those similar time frames you'd be absolutely right.

But they're not in this case at all.

Bush rode in on a Clinton good economy, zero wars and wasn't trying in his first 7 months to completely reform an ailing healthcare industry.

The way I look at it is... it's where the President is when he leaves office.

The total sum of how he did his job. Clinton left office at a 64% positive job approval even though he dipped way down during the impeachment hearings... 64% being an all time high.

Bush started good but left office at only a 22% positive job approval rating the lowest rating of a President since polling began.

I'm very comfortable in saying that President Obama will be closer to Clinton than Bush after his 8 years in office. That will be the true marker of what kind of job the American people believe he did.

I see what you're saying and if everything was apples to apples in those similar time frames you'd be absolutely right.

But they're not in this case at all.

Bush rode in on a Clinton good economy, zero wars and wasn't trying in his first 7 months to completely reform an ailing healthcare industry.

The way I look at it is... it's where the President is when he leaves office.

The total sum of how he did his job. Clinton left office at a 64% positive job approval even though he dipped way down during the impeachment hearings... 64% being an all time high.

Bush started good but left office at only a 22% positive job approval rating the lowest rating of a President since polling began.

I'm very comfortable in saying that President Obama will be closer to Clinton than Bush after his 8 years in office. That will be the true marker of what kind of job the American people believe he did.

Well if we are judging by the numbers when the President leaves office, I expect to hear or see no more polling numbers about Obama until he is gone.

Werbung:
Well if we are judging by the numbers when the President leaves office, I expect to hear or see no more polling numbers about Obama until he is gone.

Oh don't get me wrong I think there will constantly be poll numbers. And I have no problem looking at them and evaluating them.

I'm just saying and I think you'll agree the Bush came in during good times and then got the almost immediate boost from a country rallying around a President (any President) after 9-11. That's almost mirror opposite of what President Obama walked into.

So IMO with all the many things that can and do happen the worth & value of Presidency isn't really known until the end.

There will always be ups & downs along the way. But at the end of the day President Obama won't be down with Bush... probably not at Clinton high 64% numbers but nowhere near Bush @ only 22%.

I'll be fine if President Obama leaves office in the mid to high 50% range. And I think that's very possible. We'll see...

Back