America's Education System Is Fine

After seeing some people, mostly Europeans, claim that all Americans are stupid because our "education system is worse than North Korea's" and making other baseless claims like that, I've decided to share my own experience with the education system of the United States. After going through America's 13 year system, let me say this, it was easy. I wish I could be one of those people who say that high school (the last 4 years of the education system; the last 6 years, if you count junior high school), but they weren't, in fact I am a much happier person now than I was in high school. By no means am I implying that the American education system is perfect, since no system is entirely perfect, but it's definitely not as bad as the liberal media makes it out to be.

No, I'm not a prodigy or anything, but I went through the education system and it worked fine. I didn't go to some fascist Orwellian high school with metal detectors, school uniforms, strict dress code, drug sniffing dogs, or police everywhere. I also didn't go to a run-down high school with gangs, violence, bullying, or anything like that. I just went to a normal American high school. Please note that I am basing this entire thread upon my personal experience, which was with a high school in a semi-rural area, and by no means represents urban (city) high schools, which are likely gang infested.

I went through the system like everyone else, did my education like everyone else, K-6, 7-8, and 9-12, and I wasn't generally a straight A student, nor did I have perfect behavior. I definitely could have been a straight A student had I applied myself more, but that was not the fault of the education system, that was a fault of my own. I am an extremely intelligent human being, and have been since I was about 13. I can code and design an entire fully functional website in less than an hour, I am informed about almost all political issues and have opinions on them, I study political ideologies and religions in my free time to further my knowledge, I know how the world works both in high school and after it, and I was always a step ahead of most of my peers, and still am today in many cases.

We teach our children and later our teenagers just fine, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Does that mean I want to lessen funding towards education? No, in fact I want to increase funding towards education. I feel as though education is very important for today's young people, but remember, high school is all about learning how to become a productive and social member of society, K-6 on the other hand is all about learning basics such as the English language, science, mathematics, and other core classes. My school district never had the best funding, and in my final year of high school it was/is crumbling now, because of lack of state funding. It has gotten so bad that they had to close down a lot of elementary schools in the area, and merge them with other elementary schools. They're even planning on merging an elementary school with my local junior high school, which many of the locals, myself included, are strongly against.

Now lets get down to the social aspect, high school has virtually no bullying, bullying is something little kids do in the K-6 system, not teenagers. No, I wasn't some popular football playing jock who had a cheerleader girlfriend, in fact, I was the opposite. I was the video game playing geek with practically no friends. Sure, I had some "friends" who I would hang out with at school and talk to online, but like most people, I only had maybe one or two real friends. But even within my own group, I was one of the people who just didn't fit in entirely, despite me being one of the two leaders of the group, and the administrator of the group's official message board. We had cliques, of course, like every high school does, there were the jocks, the emos, the stoners, the cheerleaders, the preps, the band geeks, the goths, us gamers, and all other kinds of cliques, and of course there was also individuality. But cliques are nothing like what Hollywood makes it out to be, everyone gets along with everyone else, and everyone has friends in every group, and all groups peacefully socialize with each other.

There were no gangs, but again, I've never lived in a major city, especially not a poor area of a city. We did have some drugs though, of course there was alcohol and smoking, but never on campus, and those are of course general things teenagers do to rebel (or because they get addicted). There wasn't any peer pressure though, no one ever pressured you into doing drugs, or even really asked you too. Of course, there's the occasional pot, but pretty much no one got into the hard drugs, maybe a few of the stoners did some of the hardcore stuff like meth, but no one I know (aside from one girl, but she graduated a few years before me). Now then, teen sex, sure, there was a lot of that, but most people played it safe and used condoms and/or birth control. There were a handful of pregnancies each year, but they brought that upon themselves. As for fashion, let me say that, like most guys, I'm not very adept when it comes to fashion. I would just wear whatever I felt like, and never got made fun of or singled out too much. Sure, there were the preps who always wore Hollister or the emos who generally wore darker clothing, but it certainly wasn't a fashion contest or anything like that.

I'd say the school system is pretty damn good, if not the best in the world. Sure, after high school, like most people, I missed it, and still do sometimes. I wish I could go back and be 13 again, a teenager, and start my adult/teenage life over. But all-in-all I'm glad of the person I am now, I'm not rich or overly successful yet, but I work hard and I'm getting there, since that's what America is all about, hard-work and making your own future. The school system has already vastly improved, my baby brother learned in 3rd grade what they taught me and everyone else in 5th grade. He was learning multiplication and division in like second grade. So yes, I'm glad our school system is making strides to become better, because our young people are the future of this country. Do I think we need to completely overhaul the school system? No. Do I think we need to take extreme stances like metal detectors, teachers beating students, school uniforms, strict dress codes, search and seizures every 2 hours, drug sniffing dogs, or anything like that? No. But I do think we need to fund education more. Of course, you have to remember that every high school is different, and with that, I bid adieu.

Werbung:
No its not,, Teachers are just greedy by protesting at state houses and getting illegal sick leaves instead of teaching students. I say Abolish public education and put private education. If you want kids then you pay all the responsibilties. Just like owning a car. I dont see taxpayers paying for my license and tag renewals. But they pay all kinds off B.S to schools.

We will see if the person who started this thread comes back or is just pasting that in as many forums as possible.

But I disagree that our system is fine. It is not as bad as some say but it is also not fine.

And the OP is in the wrong place.

There is no American Educational System. There are THOUSANDS of educational systems, some are excellent, some are average, some are awful.
The Heritage Foundation wants to destroy public education by redirecting school tax revenues to private and parochial systems, because it knows that teachers are excellent at campaigning for needed change in this country and they do not want change at all, they want rule by corporate interests and want teachers incapacitated by preventing them from having collective bargaining and professional wages.

There is no American Educational System. There are THOUSANDS of educational systems, some are excellent, some are average, some are awful.
The Heritage Foundation wants to destroy public education by redirecting school tax revenues to private and parochial systems, because it knows that teachers are excellent at campaigning for needed change in this country and they do not want change at all, they want rule by corporate interests and want teachers incapacitated by preventing them from having collective bargaining and professional wages.
The more money and guidance leftists pour into public schools the more students' test scores drop.

From what I've seen USA has hundreds of millions of low IQ people. I say that because if the things they say and do, and they support Trump and the religious right.
For a country that is saturated with colleges, the system has failed.

The whole religious thing about putting god back in the schools is further dividing it. The idiots believe it is the lack of god which is the trouble. In fact it's the opposite. Teaching kids that bullshyt leaves no room for facts to enter. Who is to blame?
We have to sheet that on many years of school boards being dominated by godbotherers.

Colleges and universities also vary greatly. What one learns at Liberty University, Bob Jones University and Oral Roberts University is hardly equivalent to what one learns at MIT, Cal Tech, or CU-Berkeley.

From what I've seen USA has hundreds of millions of low IQ people. I say that because if the things they say and do, and they support Trump and the religious right.
For a country that is saturated with colleges, the system has failed.

The whole religious thing about putting god back in the schools is further dividing it. The idiots believe it is the lack of god which is the trouble. In fact it's the opposite. Teaching kids that bullshyt leaves no room for facts to enter. Who is to blame?
We have to sheet that on many years of school boards being dominated by godbotherers.
Colleges are training kids to hate America and love perversion and depravity. Kids are not getting educated, they are getting destroyed.

Colleges are training kids to hate America and love perversion and depravity. Kids are not getting educated, they are getting destroyed.
You obviously have never darkened the door of any college. I am increasingly convinced that you are a snotty private academy student that thinks he has found Jesus.
I have attended seven colleges and universities, I have a BA an MA and PhD and I have taught in two state universities , three private colleges, including one that was a college and became a university.

And I taught no one to hate anything. I taught Spanish grammar and conversation Hispanic Literature, Philosophy and computer science.

Werbung:
You obviously have never darkened the door of any college. I am increasingly convinced that you are a snotty private academy student that thinks he has found Jesus.
I have attended seven colleges and universities, I have a BA an MA and PhD and I have taught in two state universities , three private colleges, including one that was a college and became a university.

And I taught no one to hate anything. I taught Spanish grammar and conversation Hispanic Literature, Philosophy and computer science.
I was also enrolled in 2 different colleges and in West Point Prep School, but I turned down opportunities to continue to graduation for reasons I still believe were wise. I dropped out of UT Austin School of Engineering to volunteer for the Army due to receiving a very low draft number. I later applied for and was accepted to USMAPS but left after the first term because I decided against attending West Point, against the advice of the staff there. Coach K of Duke fame was on staff there when I attended. After exams at mid-term, I was at the top academically of my class, not just in the top 10% but number 1 overall. After leaving the Army I enrolled in a local community college but did not continue long there due to financial pressures of raising a young family after getting married.

I was not educated in private secondary schools, but public schools have changed a great deal since my day. Public schools have been seriously damaged by liberal opposition to effective discipline of students, by liberal Marxist philosophies, by perverted sexual views, by godless denials of biblical truth, and so forth.

I commend you on your endeavors to succeed academically. It is always our prayer that educators and educated men and women will seek the Lord with all their heart so their lives can be made profitable to society as a whole. Great men and wise men are not always great and wise by higher standards.

Back