And They Say It Is The Fault Of "Liberals"

Werbung:
hIllary CLinton blames THE FBI and Russia fr her defeat. SHE EVEN putsome of the blame n FOx News and Murdoch.It is hard o say Libreala are to blame for TRump\s election

Werbung:
JIM GELDHOF: All we were looking for is a good-faith effort by these companies to do the right thing. And there was no good-faith effort. Greed always trumped compliance. It did every time. But don't sit here and tell me that, "Well, we're not sure what a suspicious order is." Really? I mean this-- this co-- this pharmacy just bought 50 times an amount that a normal pharmacy purchases and they are in a town of 5,000 people. You don't know that that's suspicious? I mean at some point you're just turning a blind eye to it.

BILL WHITAKER: These companies are a big reason for this epidemic?

JIM GELDHOF: Yeah, absolutely they are.

He said one big reason for the slowdown: DC's notorious revolving door. Novak said he saw a parade of DEA lawyers switch sides and jump to high-paying jobs defending the drug industry. Once they'd made the leap, they lobbied their former colleagues, novak's bosses, and argued the dea's cases were weak and ultimately would lose in court. It had a chilling effect on dea litigators.

MATT MURPHY: There were people in industry that didn't care much for Joe Ranazzisi, wanted him silenced, or wanted him outta the way. Basically unceremoniously kick him to the curb.

After almost 30 years with the DEA, Matt Murphy, Rannazzisi's lieutenant, became a consultant for the drug industry -- an industry with which he's now disillusioned. He said he was shocked at the animosity he witnessed toward his friend and former boss.

MATT MURPHY: My theory is that the industry through lobbying groups donated -- a certain amount of money to politicians to get a law passed that favored the industry. And also maybe using those political ties to have Joe removed.

In the UK on Sunday evening there was a documentary on the same thing people becoming addicted to prescription pain killers. Men, women and children in small US towns handed presciptions for pain killers they didn't need by doctors who didn't give a shit and left in a system that couldn't give a fuck about them.

In all my years on this site this is probably one of the best posts I've read...what a great post OT, thanks.

Back