Ann Coulter....please Republicans deffend this lack of knowlage....

pocketfullofshells

land of 10,000 lakes and 2 senators again
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1523WCarLf8

this was just almost sad...she thinks we bombed Egypt or at least threatened to...and this is someone who's job it is to be in politics and news? I could not help laughing...I mean she is on Bills show all the time, they are freinds, and I expect her to say something dumb...but this takes the cake ( beats her I blame the Democrats for OJ Jury letting him off)

Werbung:
this was just almost sad...she thinks we bombed Egypt or at least threatened to...and this is someone who's job it is to be in politics and news? I could not help laughing...I mean she is on Bills show all the time, they are freinds, and I expect her to say something dumb...but this takes the cake ( beats her I blame the Democrats for OJ Jury letting him off)
She is a tragicomedy. Tragic because so many people listen to her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1523WCarLf8

She says outrageous things because outrageous comments get talked about. We are talking about it, right? ;)

She says outrageous things because outrageous comments get talked about. We are talking about it, right? ;)

look at her confused look..she was going for outrageous...but her stunned look when the whole panel looked at her like they did not even belive she could not know this...was priceless...and also I think makes it clear this was not one of her say something shocking to sell books...this was I have no idea what I am saying followed by the ...my god is there any way to back out of this and look good still? I think Bill Saver her by trying to move on...when they could have really hit her.. what a good friend lol

look at her confused look..she was going for outrageous...but her stunned look when the whole panel looked at her like they did not even belive she could not know this...was priceless...and also I think makes it clear this was not one of her say something shocking to sell books...this was I have no idea what I am saying followed by the ...my god is there any way to back out of this and look good still? I think Bill Saver her by trying to move on...when they could have really hit her.. what a good friend lol
Here is a short clip of one of my favorites with Ann. As in the Maher clip, she at first insisted she was right, and backed down. In this clip she insists she is right much more fervently than she should have.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84EjWeTMBZs

Here is a short clip of one of my favorites with Ann. As in the Maher clip, she at first insisted she was right, and backed down. In this clip she insists she is right much more fervently than she should have.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84EjWeTMBZs

Just to point out, there were in fact Canadian soldiers in Vietnam...

Perhaps not in the manner Coulter implied, but Canadian soldiers were present in Vietnam as part of the International Commission of Control and Supervision Vietnam and the International Commission For Supervision And Control Service from 1954 to 1973.

It is well documented, and the Canadian government awarded metals to the veterans of this mission...also here.

So, while Canada clearly did not actively participate in the war (they were officially a non-belligerent), Canadian troops technically were in country, albeit in very minor numbers.

So, if Coulter's point was that they took an active role helping the US in Vietnam, clearly they did not and she is wrong...but if the issue is "were Canadian troops in Vietnam", then the answer is a clear yes.

So, if Coulter's point was that they took an active role helping the US in Vietnam, clearly they did not and she is wrong...but if the issue is "were Canadian troops in Vietnam", then the answer is a clear yes.
I could never guess what goes though her mind.

Just to point out, there were in fact Canadian soldiers in Vietnam...

Perhaps not in the manner Coulter implied, but Canadian soldiers were present in Vietnam as part of the International Commission of Control and Supervision Vietnam and the International Commission For Supervision And Control Service from 1954 to 1973.

It is well documented, and the Canadian government awarded metals to the veterans of this mission...also here.

So, while Canada clearly did not actively participate in the war (they were officially a non-belligerent), Canadian troops technically were in country, albeit in very minor numbers.

maybe,,,but thats a pretty big lmb to go out on to ..A think thats what she ment..and B count that as to the context of what she was talking about...

but we still did not bomb Egypt or even suggest we would :)

maybe,,,but thats a pretty big lmb to go out on to ..A think thats what she ment..and B count that as to the context of what she was talking about...

It is a big limb to go out on...my guess is she simply did poor background research (or none at all) and maybe saw something about Canadian soldiers on the missions above and just assumed they were a major player, which they clearly were not a player at all.

but we still did not bomb Egypt or even suggest we would :)

Well no, we did not threaten to bomb Egypt...all that (I remember at least) we did was play the middle of the road until Obama said, "The Egyptian government must put forward a credible, concrete and unequivocal path toward genuine democracy, and they have not yet seized that opportunity."

That is clearly putting pressure on Mubarak to step aside, which speaks to her overall point (from what I gathered from that clip) that we are pressuring for regime change in states that were not involved in 9/11. (ie rehashing the Iraq War argument in an effort to make the Left look like hypocrites)

But no, we certainly didn't bomb Egypt, or threaten to.

It is a big limb to go out on...my guess is she simply did poor background research (or none at all) and maybe saw something about Canadian soldiers on the missions above and just assumed they were a major player, which they clearly were not a player at all.

Well no, we did not threaten to bomb Egypt...all that (I remember at least) we did was play the middle of the road until Obama said, "The Egyptian government must put forward a credible, concrete and unequivocal path toward genuine democracy, and they have not yet seized that opportunity."

That is clearly putting pressure on Mubarak to step aside, which speaks to her overall point (from what I gathered from that clip) that we are pressuring for regime change in states that were not involved in 9/11. (ie rehashing the Iraq War argument in an effort to make the Left look like hypocrites)

But no, we certainly didn't bomb Egypt, or threaten to.

Supporting changes of power toward a more democratic administration with absolutely no threats, or money spent, or (worse) American life spent, certainly doesn't compare with invading Iraq (which was not involved in 9/11 either)!

Come on, Bob, you're better than that! When a Republican says something stupid and uninformed, especially if she has a big following. . .fairness says you shouldn't spin, but admit that she screwed up and is not as smart or informed as she pretends to be!

Werbung:
Supporting changes of power toward a more democratic administration with absolutely no threats, or money spent, or (worse) American life spent, certainly doesn't compare with invading Iraq (which was not involved in 9/11 either)!

We shouldn't be involved in regime change for the sake of regime change regardless of the scenarios. If American interests are truly at stake, then I can get behind military action to accomplish whatever goal we want. However, when national interests are not clearly identified, that is when I have a problem with it.

Come on, Bob, you're better than that! When a Republican says something stupid and uninformed, especially if she has a big following. . .fairness says you shouldn't spin, but admit that she screwed up and is not as smart or informed as she pretends to be!

Ann Coulter is an idiot in my opinion, and what she said was stupid...I can readily admit that.

I am simply trying to determine why she said what she said.

Back