1. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Annoying Radical Atheists

Discussion in 'Culture & Religion' started by Jason76, May 24, 2015.

1. Jason76

Jason76 Well-Known Member

Some radical atheists are as annoying as some Christian fundementalists. They will verbally bully those they don't like, and sometimes create a situation where a Christian loses his/her job. In my view, such harassment from the religious or radically non-religious is a serious problem.

Perhaps, even those with a neutral view might find radical atheists annoying, as they don't really care :rolleyes: about the radical atheist's preaching. They're thinking, "Enough already please :rolleyes:. Do you think I really care?". :mad:

jbbarn likes this.
  2. dogtowner

dogtowner Moderator Staff Member

Cant understand whynthey are tolerated.

3. Zynni

Zynni Well-Known Member

I have often said that many anti-religious people "preach" far more loudly than most religious people do. They, of course, don't see it as such. Whatever they want to call it, I don't want it "shoved down my throat," as is often their claim of all things religious.

To be fair, I don't think anyone should try to force their views on others.

4. jbbarn

jbbarn Well-Known Member

I agree. I had a friend whom I really liked in spite of the fact that she was an atheist. I never talked about my beliefs unless she asked me about them, and I never belittled her for her non-belief. She would say something about the Christian Bible, and look at me and sneer, and say something like, "I don't understand how you can believe that blankety blank stuff, etc." She just never would let up. It tormented her that I was a believer. We finally just stopped being friends.

Zynni likes this.
  5. Jason76

Jason76 Well-Known Member

Pretty much anybody who is obsessed with a certain type of conviction is annoying. However, some convictions are better than others, for example, when I was saying parents who smoke tobacco around children should be ashamed. Note, as far as religion goes, you can't really do much about it, so it's best to leave the situation alone, unless somebody gets into some kind of Jim Jones cult etc..