Another example

Little-Acorn

A frend of mine is a doctor, and just sent me this note. It's probably about half an hour old.

Yes, you have to take my word for it that it's genuine. But it is.

----------------------------------------------------

Today I was covering our resident service this morning, and in the process of seeing their patients in the hospital on the maternity floor, and notice a slight problem. A few days prior I delivered a Thai/Burmese woman child and she did not speak a word of English. I am being generous when I say that she BARELY knew 20 words and just could not seem to communicate. She delivers a healthy female 6 pound infant with no complications. She is here illegally. Immigrations status unknown. No insurance of course. All of my time and effort is now donated.

Today I see her in the hospital and sign her discharge orders, and miraculously, she speaks around 2000 words of English rather well. She has no problems communicating with the nurses or to me today. Upon hearing of her discharge, she asks me about diapers for her baby? What diapers? You buy them at the store I tell her. No! This is what she tells me: "my baby born in America and can get WIC, right?" Direct quote. The maternity nurse tells her yes, she is eligible for WIC. In come the social workers and all the needed forms, and yes, she is getting free formula, diapers and now has free health care. I left, in extreme haste, BEFORE someone asked me to start signing all the Welfare forms.

But not so fast, I was not out of that hospital more than 30 minutes before I was paged, and asked by the now "case worker" to sign the medical forms so they could get her enrolled (DRUM ROLL PLEASE) for home care and visits for the baby. Seems "because of her social situation" that they need to send a nurse three times a week to her home and check on the baby and mother. That along with delivering formula, food, etc.

My response to the "case worker?" Direct quote: "stop bothering me." And just as abruptly hung up the phone. I am sure that the social services representative is sitting there at this very moment wondering why I am so cranky, and has zero clue what she is doing to the rest of the tax payers who work hard in this country.

I refuse to deal with this any longer. My patience is shot, and if they do not like it, fire me and find some other sucker to sign away. This is akin to a bank just saying we are so worried about a hold up, that we are going to just set up a kiosk outside and start handing out money to everyone, especially to anyone that might look like a thief. Is the some HUGE label placed on the USA on some giant international map that says "FREE STUFF HERE!" I have a Thai woman who now speaks pretty good English and the first words she says is that her kids is American and can get WIC. Gaming the system, all at our expense.

Werbung:
Actually, I don't blame the Thai woman for this. If you have a problem (such as poverty while having a child) and see a solution that someone else is voluntarily offering, what's wrong with taking advantage of that solution?

The problem isn't with the Thai women, or others who are doing the same thing. It's with the people who are foolishly offering the solution, to the point where people (like this Thai woman) will expend more effort to get the "free" stuff, than they would expend to solve the problem in their own country in the first place.

In fact, it's even reasonable to expect that she will NOT care what we are doing to our own society by creating a constant drain on it that can only swell until it drains everything out. That's not her problem. Getting valuable, needed stuff for herself and her baby, is.

The problem is OURS.

I have no doubt this sort of thing is played out over and over throughout our great land. Moreover, once the child(ren) are of school age, they are enrolled (can't ask about legal status, you know), given free lunches and breakfasts, and passed on from grade to grade whether they or their parents ever lift a finger to help them succeed or not. If they don't pass the annual tests, then it's the fault of the schools.

And, Acorn is correct that it is not the fault of the (unwed, no doubt) mother. The service is there for the taking, it is perfectly legal, and no doubt a whole lot easier than raising children in Thailand or any number of other places in the world.

So, what is the solution to this problem?

Countdown to blame "liberals" 10, 9, 8........

I have no doubt this sort of thing is played out over and over throughout our great land. Moreover, once the child(ren) are of school age, they are enrolled (can't ask about legal status, you know), given free lunches and breakfasts, and passed on from grade to grade whether they or their parents ever lift a finger to help them succeed or not. If they don't pass the annual tests, then it's the fault of the schools.

And, Acorn is correct that it is not the fault of the (unwed, no doubt) mother. The service is there for the taking, it is perfectly legal, and no doubt a whole lot easier than raising children in Thailand or any number of other places in the world.

eliminate welfare
throw kids who won't study out of school

in short, provide incentive to achieve by removing the disincentive.

eliminate welfare
throw kids who won't study out of school

in short, provide incentive to achieve by removing the disincentive.

Not a bad idea. Hey, Mom, want your kids in school? Tired of them laying around the house? See that they study and don't flunk out.

That and ask for proof of legal residence.

and sanction employers who hire illegals.

Not that any of that is likely to happen any time soon.

Not a bad idea. Hey, Mom, want your kids in school? Tired of them laying around the house? See that they study and don't flunk out.

That and ask for proof of legal residence.

and sanction employers who hire illegals.

Not that any of that is likely to happen any time soon.

good additions but add actively enforcing those employer rules

its all about making the right thing easy and the wrong thing hard.

Funny....you asked for a solution to the problem, not who is to blame. Yet, you seem to be making fun of anyone who would blame liberals.

I wonder if you might tells us who is to blame for this outrageous system? Or, is it that you are not one to place blame, except for when the culprit is conservative?

Werbung:
Funny....you asked for a solution to the problem, not who is to blame. Yet, you seem to be making fun of anyone who would blame liberals.

I wonder if you might tells us who is to blame for this outrageous system? Or, is it that you are not one to place blame, except for when the culprit is conservative?

Who is to blame? Two governments, one in Washington DC that won't do squat to end illegal immigration regardless of who is in power, and one in Mexico City that likes to have an outlet for their impoverished citizens rather than addressing the issue themselves.

Back