Another gun toting 'NUT JOB'...

ASPCA4EVER

Land of the JAYHAWKS-ROCK CHOCK Jayhawk, KU
Gunman holds high school principal hostage

Students reportedly safe, but school in upstate N.Y. is under lockdown

BREAKING NEWS

APTRANS.gif
updated 5 minutes ago

PINE PLAINS, N.Y. - A gunman at an upstate New York high school has taken the principal hostage, a town official said Tuesday.
Pine Plains Town Supervisor Gregg Pulver told CNN that students at Stissing Mountain High School were safe. The school is about 90 miles north of New York City.
The school remained on lockdown. Pulver said police were in contact with the gunman. He said the gunman is an adult, not a student.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33825704/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts

When is enough ever enough:confused:

Werbung:
Strict gun laws in that state... Also I'm not sure I like the term 'gunman' - I mean, I pick up a stapler, does that make me a stapler-guy?

Strict gun laws in that state... Also I'm not sure I like the term 'gunman' - I mean, I pick up a stapler, does that make me a stapler-guy?

I tried, but couldn't remember an instance of someone being killed with a stapler. When you pick up a gun you hold the power of life or death over people and that's what makes you a gunman.

Funny how women don't seem to commit slaughters with guns, are there any cases of women doing shootings?

I tried, but couldn't remember an instance of someone being killed with a stapler. When you pick up a gun you hold the power of life or death over people and that's what makes you a gunman.

Funny how women don't seem to commit slaughters with guns, are there any cases of women doing shootings?

Ahhh, but we have yet-YET to see the impact of our young women coming back from the front lines in Iraq & Afghanistan with those memories of warfare and the weapons in their hands {not hoping} but human nature being what it has been...seems all most inevitable ;)

........anyone told the gunman that?

The armed perpetrator? Not in a meaningful way - gun laws aren't intended for people like him - given the lack of obedience/exploitable priorities, outlaws are not a facile resource to be used in creating social order. The case here is that not enough rights were taken away from/intrusions made upon the law abiding in order to preclude the fringe from being able to do its thing - given the state's draconian and balkanized statutes on the matter, even compared to some European countries, however, it's not for lack of trying.

I see - 'armed perpetrator' doesn't sufficiently demonize the plastic and metal object involved so as to imply that anyone who picks one up shares in the assailant's guilt.

I see - 'armed perpetrator' doesn't sufficiently demonize the plastic and metal object involved so as to imply that anyone who picks one up shares in the assailant's guilt.

I'm sorry, but I fail to see your point, could you explain?:confused:

I'm sorry, but I fail to see your point, could you explain?:confused:

I think the reference here is that firearms, and thier collective parts are nothing on thier own, it takes a human or outside intervention for them to operate. Therefore guns are not the problem, people are the problem.

As a left leaner, I am still an ardent supporter of gun ownership, and the rights and also responsibilities surrounding that, but guns are nothing without a human to operate the object.

I think the reference here is that firearms, and thier collective parts are nothing on thier own, it takes a human or outside intervention for them to operate. Therefore guns are not the problem, people are the problem.

As a left leaner, I am still an ardent supporter of gun ownership, and the rights and also responsibilities surrounding that, but guns are nothing without a human to operate the object.

Okay, that's fair enough and largely I agree with you, in fact I have never been an advocate of gun control even though I have no desire to own one myself.

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. A person with a gun is very powerful and therein lies the problem. We restrict what kinds of weapons are allowed to the general public for this very reason. Fully automatic weapons or flame throwers are just too powerful so we deny their ownership to civilians. The post I responded to was comparing guns to staplers and that's a fallacious comparison.

flame throwers are just too powerful so we deny their ownership to civilians. The post I responded to was comparing guns to staplers and that's a fallacious comparison.

I don't want to give you nightmares or anything, but there's no federal law, and few at lower levels, against flamethrowers.

Werbung:
Back