Another Republican caught in sex scandal!!

Popeye

This time it's Republican Ca. Assemblyman Michael Duvall having sex with two lobbyists and getting caught bragging about it..

Duvall is another "family values" type and is married.. will the hypocrisy ever end?

SACRAMENTO--Freshmen legislators arriving in Sacramento receive advice from veteran
 politicians about the intricacies of working in California's capital. One of those tips is to remember that microphones broadcasting legislative debates can also capture embarrassing, career-ending personal admissions if a politician isn't careful. Michael D. Duvall, Orange County's 72nd Assembly
District representative, must have forgotten the warning.

In July--two days after Assembly Speaker Karen Bass and Republican leader Sam Blakeslee put Duvall on the Rules Committee that oversees member ethics--the second-term, conservative, Republican assemblyman sat in a public hearing and vividly described lewd details about his trysts with a female lobbyist whose clients had business before another committee on which
 Duvall sits

------

Earlier this year Duvall received "100 percent" approval scores 
by the California Republican Assembly, the state's leading conservative outfit, and the Capitol Resource Institute (CRI), a fierce guardian of traditional family values.

"Assemblyman Duvall has been a consistent trooper for the conservative causes," CRI president Karen England announced in March. "For the last two years, he has voted time and time again to protect and preserve family values in California. We are grateful for his support of California
 families."

LOL..

http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/breaking-news/oc-assemblyman-in-bed-with-lob/

Hear the juicy details:

Werbung:
Wow, he's really in trouble now with his fellow Republicans. Not only did his blow his cover as a "family values" wingnut, he got caught in an affair. Going outside the norm for Republicans and having an affair with a female will really land him in hot water.

Wow, he's really in trouble now with his fellow Republicans. Not only did his blow his cover as a "family values" wingnut, he got caught in an affair. Going outside the norm for Republicans and having an affair with a female will really land him in hot water.

LOL!:D

Now when you say female... you mean female human being correct? I mean there have been some publicized exceptions...

Let's face it.

All... I repeat, all politicians are dirtbags. So why have we given them so much control over us?

Each day, a little more control.

Cass Sunstein, going for confirmation. Better watch out, because he will have tons of power and has some way "nutjob" views.

Forget the party rhetoric. Stand for America and the constituion.

This guy quit. That's good. We don't need any more corruption than there already is in politics.

Now Charley Rangel should resign. He's about as crooked as they come.

I support the troops. I support protecting this country.

I always see the condemnation of Bush / Cheney on Iraq but what about all the dems who voted too. Obama was one that was for the war, so was Hillary.

So.. what do say you? Are the dems just as evil as the repubs? Huh?

I do not support politicians in Washington that are crooks. They have been trusted to do an important job. All too many of them simply forget why they are there and absue the system.

No wonder this country is in a mess. It's like having foxes running free in the henhouse, but there's no farmer joe to shoot the foxes.

So I guess what Obama is doing with GE is perfectly legit? I guess it's o.k. as long as it's the EXHALTED one.:eek:

Let me see you Condemn Obama like you have Cheny and Bush. This whole GE thing is just as big as Haliburton.

But yet, the media does not bring it up. GE will stand to gain billions if the 'crap and trade' bill gets passed. But that's the perks when you buddy around with Obama.

G.E. got bailed out with taxpayer money and they are lobbying to push Cap & Trade. That is plain wrong.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/ar..._electric_the_obama_administration.html?cat=9

General Electric & the Obama Administration
April 30, 2009 by Snidely Whiplash Snidely Whiplash Published Content: 567 Total Views: 93,061 Fans: 108 View Profile | Follow | Add to Favorites Recommend (9)Single pageFont SizeRead comments (10) Share More topicsHospital Administration | High Speed Rail | Chris Matthews Hypocrisy at It's Finest on Display
For my more than two years on Associated Content one of my clear overriding themes has been about hypocrisy. I hate hypocrisy, and I mean hate with vehemence. Does anyone else view the current love affair between the Obama Administration and GE as hypocritical? I mean, didn't the Left rail on and on about Halliburton, and what a terrible injustice it was that Cheney had been on their board? About how FOX was the lapdog of Conservatives?

The fact is Halliburton like GE is a huge multinational conglomerate. And Halliburton was awarded contracts to assist the DoD in Iraq. The Lefties went ape about this and spent seven full years whining and writing about it. In their so doing they tossed around all manner of direct allegation of Bush Administration wrongdoing, including getting rich by these associations.

And FOX just seems so Conservative because unlike most of mainstream media, they are not in bed with the Left and this administration in particular, so obviously FOX's news reporting does not have that "Ain't Obama Great" mindset.

So slightly more than 100 days later, what have we?

First we have Obama naming GE big man Jeffrey Immelt to Obama's Economic Recovery Advisory Board. This group is to assist Obama in saving the US economy, and gee, aren't they just being so successful?

GE has their hands in lots of different areas. My lovely wife was a corporate VP at GE Captial. This division was the financial service & insurance division. They also owned Monogram Bank. They leased rail cars, had a commercial paper division, etc.. As well we all know GE makes home appliances.

We all know GE makes light bulbs, especially them delightful compact fluorescent ones that we must move to in order to prevent the world from burning to a crisp by say, about 4:30 this afternoon. Hmmm? A connection between GE & Obama.

Guess what else? They are also the world leader in . . . wait for it . . . , that's right, wind turbines. Ahhh, another Obama /GE connection. And didn't our esteemed new President just burn a few hundred thousand dollars worth of fuel to go pose and speechify out west in front of a wind turbine, prolly made by GE?

More on G.E. and Obama

GE: Master of the Universe or Another Obama Puppetmaster?

With Energy & Health Care being such cornerstone components of the Obama administration’s agenda, it would be logical for one to assume that a company like GE might have some role to play in the game. However, with so many little hidden policies weaving their way all throughout the Stimulus bill that was passed in February, one would also think it highly possible that a company like GE could stand to gain far more than just “a place a the table” or some “skin in the game”.

Why do I mention this? Because lately I feel like GE is around every corner I turn, even when I’m not looking for them. Bear with me here, and I’ll try to explain.

Let’s start by taking a look at Obama’s agenda in these areas, in his exact words:

Help create five million new jobs by strategically investing $150 billion over the next ten years to catalyze private efforts to build a clean energy future.
Put 1 million Plug-In Hybrid cars on the road by 2015, cars that we will work to make sure are built here in America.
Ensure 10 percent of our electricity comes from renewable sources by 2012, and 25 percent by 2025.
Implement an economy-wide cap-and-trade program to reduce greenhouse gas emissions 80 percent by 2050.
Deploy the Cheapest, Cleanest, Fastest Energy Source – Energy Efficiency.
Weatherize One Million Homes Annually.
Develop and Deploy Clean Coal Technology.
Not only are there some obvious too-close-for-comfort synergies between the President’s agenda and GE, but there are also these other hidden benefits between GE, the Stimulus bill and the Auto Industry bailouts:

Billions in federal Stimulus cash set aside for “lithium-ion batteries, manufactured in the US, for electric vehicles”
General Motors (GM) and Chrysler coincidentally were told to partner with GE needed a supplier for, you guessed it, lithium-ion batteries, manufactured in the US, for electric vehicles
By the way, GE has a$55 million stake in A123 Systems Inc. for this purpose
Several instances in the Stimulus bill address the need for funds to be allocated for more affordable and accessible medical technology, including equipment for better screening and early detection (ie MRI, CT, radiology)
Again, coincidentally, GE is focusing its Healthcare unit’s product development efforts on using its flagship platform to produce smaller, more affordable and accessible screening technology that private medical practices and independent physicians can actually purchase
Numerous instances, too many to even list here, in the Stimulus bill set aside funds for a variety of programs aimed at driving consumers to purchase energy efficient appliances, light bulbs, and other “green” products (that GE of course manufactures).
One such example is a letter I just received from my PRIVATE utility provider just this month, informing me that the government & board of public utilities have partnered to conduct a mandatory “energy assessment” in my home, during which a “counselor” will inspect my home and inform me of any appliances, such as washer, dryer, refrigerator, dishwasher, that must be replaced with energy efficient applicances, and of any weatherization, such as roofing insulation and solar panels, that will be recommended – all to reduce the amount of energy that I use, which, according to monitoring by my utility provider has been deemed to be “too high” by the government. Yes, that’s a real letter I got.
When I called about the letter, one place I was referred to was the “recommended contractors and suppliers list”. Surprise, surprise – the energy efficient appliances they mention I might need to purchase, are of course GE appliances.
Next, let’s take another step back again and look at the GE conglomerate, and each of its four key divisions:

GE Capital
GE Healthcare Finance
GE Aviation Financial Services
GE Railcar Finance
GE Commercial Finance
GE Energy Financial Services
GE Treasury
GE Technology Infrastructure
GE Healthcare
GE Aviation (and the former Smiths Aerospace)
GE Energy Infrastructure
GE Wind Power
Gasification
GE Nuclear Power
GE Coal Power
GE Oil & Natural Gas
GE Solar Power
GE Hydroelectric Power
NBC Universal (entertainment company)
NBC
Universal Studios & Theme Parks
NBC Universal Television Group
NBC News & NBC.com
USA Network
CNBC
MSNBC cable TV & MSNBC.com
iVillage
Bravo TV
qubo
SendMeRSS & DealMeRSS (RSS-to-email gateways/splogs, out of service without notice since August 2008)
Telemundo Television Studios
The Weather Channel
Jeffrey Immelt is the current chairman of the board and chief executive officer of all of General Electric; he previously served as President and CEO of GE’s Medical Systems division (now GE Healthcare).
So in essence, he controls Energy, Healthcare Technology, and most of the Left Wing Media outlets.

In February of 2009, Immelt was selected by President Obama to serve on his Economic Recovery Advisory Board.

Is anyone else seeing what to me should be very obvious conflicts of interest here?

If this weren’t enough to concern us, we should be reminded that GE doesn’t exactly have a squeaky clean track record of being a good government partner. In 1990, GE was convicted of defrauding the U.S. Government, specifically the U.S. Department of Defense. In 1992, GE was again convicted on charges of corrupt practices in the sale of jet engines to Israel. And as recent as 2009, there is still ongoing speculation over whether GE continues to do business with Iran, which would be in violation of US sanctions against Iran. GE’s CEO Immelt claims all business between GE and Iran halted in 2005, but some reports continue to speculate there still may be evidence of violation.

Is this who we really want “partnering” with the government and “advising” our President? Really? Come on, America. Wake the hell up already. I’m all for the private sector leading the country’s key initiatives, but this is ridiculous. First, it’s not really private sector anymore when there is this much government collusion. Secondly, this is not the shining example of private sector most Americans are looking for.

And last but not least, the President and Congress are pushing the H.R. 3401 Bill, “National Infrastructure Bank Act”, which would create a national bank, financed by “private sector” funding, to be used for “infrastructure projects that are in the best interest of the country”, including major renewable, sustainable energy and green initiatives.
If the average American cannot see the obvious connections here and at least question it, and ask themselves to consider the potential for conflicts of interest, then we’ve got an even bigger problem in this country than I’d initially thought. Please America, start speaking up. Start asking some honest questions of yourselves and of this administration.

"Obama was one that was for the war, so was Hillary."

That's a lie. It's a really, really stupid lie. Obama was never for the war. Jeez, what a moron.

Werbung:
I'm glad the Republicans have finally discovered sex. Maybe someday they will even discover it's not so bad, after all, and put an end to their Puritanical and hypocritical preaching.

Back