Anti-vaxxer protesters shut down an immunization seminar, declaring the doctors as liars.

Zanna

A public seminar on immunisation in Perth was forced to close early on Monday night after anti-vaccination activists hijacked the event and called doctors liars.

Organisers of the Telethon Kids Institute event had to stop a question-and-answer session after constant interruptions by the protesters.

The seminar was meant to give people, particularly new parents, a safe forum to ask questions about vaccines. But a few people in the crowd of about 150 interjected as institute director Jonathan Carapetis and infectious diseases experts attempted to answer questions from the floor.

Professor Carapetis said only two people had the chance to ask legitimate questions and everything else was drowned out. “We went on for as long as we could, which was about half an hour of them yelling and screaming, but speakers were paid such disrespect and everyone else in the audience was intimidated,” he said.

Now, I don't know about you, but even if I supported anti-vaxxers this would be the way I'd go about it. Instead of trying to push for more research to be done as to the safety of the vaccines, they barged into a convention, which is supposed to be there to encourage open conversation, and tried enforce their own views instead of engaging in healthy debate.

Source: https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/w...n-activists-crash-perth-immunisation-seminar/

Werbung:
These people are a bunch of pseudo-science loving fear mongering clowns. I'm so sick of anti-vaxxers and their FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt) spreading hysteria.

Doubt is a funny thing. Unfortunately it's also a very powerful weapon for mass panic. Once the small shred of doubt plants itself in a person's minds, it always remains at the back of their heads.

While yes conspiracy theories have made people somewhat apprehensive, there's no denying the fact that many vaccines are effective and whoever is against them shouldn't attempt to force everyone to agree with his/her opinions. Lots of people said the earth was flat . . .

Werbung:
Doubt is a funny thing. Unfortunately it's also a very powerful weapon for mass panic. Once the small shred of doubt plants itself in a person's minds, it always remains at the back of their heads.

Only if they allow it to. Unfortunately many do allow it to. Doubt and fear when unsubstantiated can not be allowed as an acceptable excuse for ignorance or poor choices.

Back