Antisemitism rising in the US

dogtowner

Staff member
are we doomed to repeat history yet ?

its only 15% now but that in itself is a chilling figure.

Survey Finds Anti-Semitic Attitudes Rising

Updated: Friday, 04 Nov 2011, 7:19 PM EDT
Published : Friday, 04 Nov 2011, 7:11 PM EDT
MYFOXNY.COM STAFF REPORT

MYFOXNY.COM - Swastikas were found painted on the facades of the Jackson Heights and East Elmhurst branches of the Queens Library and on the door of Congregation Tifereth Israel on Thursday.

The Anti-Defamation League today condemned the anti-Semitic graffiti. The ADL says there were 133 anti-Jewish incidents reported across New York City in 2010.

A nationwide ADL survey released just yesterday found that anti-Semitic attitudes have risen in America.

The ADL survey found that 15 percent of Americans - nearly 35 million adults - hold deeply anti-Semitic views. That's up three percent from 2009.
"The fact that anti-Semitic attitudes have increased significantly over the past two years is troubling and raises questions about the impact of broader trends in America - financial insecurity, social uncertainty, the decline in civility and the growth of polarization - on attitudes toward Jews," said Abraham H. Foxman, ADL National Director.

19-percent answered "probably true" to the statement "Jews have too much control/influence on Wall Street," an increase from 14-percent in 2009.

Several cases of anti-Semitism have been documented at various Occupy Wall Street across the country.

The survey also found that anti-Semitic views among the African-American population have remained steady, but are consistently higher than the general population.

In 2011, 29-percent of African-Americans expressed strongly anti-Semitic views, according to the survey.

I guess this should not be surprising given the constant negativity in the press and from the administrration but its painful to see more of the radical left succumbing to this sickening green eyed monster.

Werbung:
There is an element of anti semites everywhere. But I will say you have to know that most KKK members vote GOP nowadays. I deliverd food to the "Occupy Riverside" site yesterday. I noticed that the local homeless and drug addicts were co-opting some of the space. Maybe if FOX got there soon they could get some really good interviews to show on prime time. Without a doubt Jews inhabit the top echelons of 4 out of the top 6 banks, the common misconception being that they somehow work together to control the world finance. I believe religion is the last thing they think about at work.

There is an element of anti semites everywhere. But I will say you have to know that most KKK members vote GOP nowadays. I deliverd food to the "Occupy Riverside" site yesterday. I noticed that the local homeless and drug addicts were co-opting some of the space. Maybe if FOX got there soon they could get some really good interviews to show on prime time. Without a doubt Jews inhabit the top echelons of 4 out of the top 6 banks, the common misconception being that they somehow work together to control the world finance. I believe religion is the last thing they think about at work.

I am not sure what is wrong with the homeless occupying the occupiers. When the homeless try to camp they are kicked out by the police so why not go where they know the police will over look things. And really... the occupiers want something from those who have more....... so do the homeless. The occupiers are the evil rich Jews who wont share in the eyes of the homeless

But I will say you have to know that most KKK members vote GOP nowadays.

More leftist mythology... :rolleyes:

Former KKK Grand Wizard David Duke Supports Occupy Wall Street Movement

(CNSNews.com) -- David Duke, a former grand wizard of the Knights of the Ku Klux Klan, has joined President Barack Obama, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), and Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) in expressing support for the Occupy Wall Street movement, whose protests have been marked by anti-Semitism.

I am not sure that a 3% increase is a significant rise or not...

But anyway you look at it I am still amazed that anyone at all can say such stupid things.

The amount of Jew hating in the world is so high and so persistent that one would think it was motivated by a larger force?

The Unions are supplying the site for the Occupyers in Riverside, as is the nature of the Democratic party, they accomodate the homeless and the drug addicted the same as all there. I do not remember the Tea Party even addressing the issue. I mention the drug addicts with a bit of derision but I too had a problem in the 80's for about 5 years. My feelings are mixed but I am realistic toward both their plight and their intentions. The amount of Jew hating in the world is probably quite low if one were to compare it to the world view prior to WWII. The issue comes up every time we have to make a policy change with Israel which I find disingenious. I am also surprised to find that Duke voted for Obama.

I am not sure that a 3% increase is a significant rise or not...

But anyway you look at it I am still amazed that anyone at all can say such stupid things.

The amount of Jew hating in the world is so high and so persistent that one would think it was motivated by a larger force?

I don't think the number of people HATING jewish people is that high in the world. . .in fact, I think that, among the "Western world," there are more people HATING Muslims, than Jews!

But I believe that many people (including many Jewish People, even in Israel) are getting tired of the bullying attitude of SOME Jewish leaders, and the "unconditional" protection and agreement with those Jewish leaders by the US.

In fact, I think some of the Jewish people in the US are "hollier than God" and have more "victim" syndrom and paranoia than people in Israel do!

French President Nicolas Sarkozy called Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu a "liar" in talks with U.S. President Barack Obama, who then complained of having to deal with him daily, a report said today.

The private conversation, held during the G20 summit in the French city of Cannes last week, was overheard by a number of journalists after it was inadvertently transmitted over a system used for translation, media website Arret sur Images reported.

"I can't stand him anymore, he's a liar," Sarkozy said in French during the talks.

"You may be sick of him, but me, I have to deal with him every day,"
Obama replied in comments that were translated into French.

A number of journalists contacted by AFP confirmed hearing the remarks.
http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/n....-to-obama-of-liar-netanyahu-report-2011-11-08

Antisemitism is a crime againist humanity without any doubt but, beside of it I do not guess everybody should like and support them, after all their state terrorism, the people in the US may ask about where will they stand.

But these days anything aganist that labelled as Antisemitism in the world.

I don't think the number of people HATING jewish people is that high in the world. . .in fact, I think that, among the "Western world," there are more people HATING Muslims, than Jews!

But I believe that many people (including many Jewish People, even in Israel) are getting tired of the bullying attitude of SOME Jewish leaders, and the "unconditional" protection and agreement with those Jewish leaders by the US.

In fact, I think some of the Jewish people in the US are "hollier than God" and have more "victim" syndrom and paranoia than people in Israel do!

You appear to be defending antisemitism while saying negative things about at least some Jewish people.

You appear to be defending antisemitism while saying negative things about at least some Jewish people.

I ALWAYS look at people as individuals. And, as in every groups, there are some well intentionned Jewish people (I have known a few among my colleagues and my friends) and some A. . H. . .s.

Your assessment that I am defending antisemitism is as ridiculous as most people assessment of "racism!"

But, in America, unless you bend BACKWARDS to praise and give lip service to Jewish people, you are accused of "antisemitism!"

I just tend to agree a lot more with the "NEW" Jewish philosophy that DOES exist in Israel, and is probably gaining ground, that is bothered by the continued bad treatment of Palestinians, than I am with the "party line" of the Israeli government who wants to give NOTHING to Palestinians.

Wether you agree with this (I assume you don't) is a moot point. I am VERY supportive of the movement in Israel who advocate for OPENING to Gaza and Palestinians rather than continuing the "party policy" of separation and . . .extinction of a people.

I ALWAYS look at people as individuals. And, as in every groups, there are some well intentionned Jewish people (I have known a few among my colleagues and my friends) and some A. . H. . .s.

Your assessment that I am defending antisemitism is as ridiculous as most people assessment of "racism!"

But, in America, unless you bend BACKWARDS to praise and give lip service to Jewish people, you are accused of "antisemitism!"

I just tend to agree a lot more with the "NEW" Jewish philosophy that DOES exist in Israel, and is probably gaining ground, that is bothered by the continued bad treatment of Palestinians, than I am with the "party line" of the Israeli government who wants to give NOTHING to Palestinians.

Wether you agree with this (I assume you don't) is a moot point. I am VERY supportive of the movement in Israel who advocate for OPENING to Gaza and Palestinians rather than continuing the "party policy" of separation and . . .extinction of a people.

You are in the fortunate position of being in a court of your peers here. You may not know how your comments are perceived by the group as a whole but you can know that they are perceived. You may not think you were offering a defense of antisemitism but downplaying antisemitism is the first line of defense and you did downplay it. Maybe you thought you were only not bending over backwards. We can't know your motives but patterns will and do emerge and the group will decide within the mind of each member which you were doing.

Werbung:
You are in the fortunate position of being in a court of your peers here. You may not know how your comments are perceived by the group as a whole but you can know that they are perceived. You may not think you were offering a defense of antisemitism but downplaying antisemitism is the first line of defense and you did downplay it. Maybe you thought you were only not bending over backwards. We can't know your motives but patterns will and do emerge and the group will decide within the mind of each member which you were doing.

well said

Back