Are insulting members names OK?

Werbung:
OK folks, this is obviously gonna head downhill real quick. Considering we have other members with names like NoObamantion, Libsmasher, Stalin, and nospamforme (I love canned Spam) I will let the name remain for now. This is ultimately dependant on any member following the rules in thier posts.

I hope the schoolyard antics of crying foul and running to teacher for help is a passing phase here at the HOP. I'm sure Walter and the Mods have better things to do with their time than babysit thin, skinned children.

Thats not directed at just Lib and his tit-4-tat post but anyone that feels they are too weak to fend for themselves. I had to accept that sharing my opinions would come with assaults on my character, thats unfortunately how too many people erroneously think Politics is to be discussed.

Get over it. This eye for an eye shat will leave everyone blind and the forum empty. We shouldn't ban people for every perceived or actual attack but should instead stop retaliating and exacerbating the situation.

Stay on Topic. I don't care one iota about someones opinions about my character, why should I, its your opinions about the issues and topics that interest me.

I don't like attacks on members, I don't support attacks on members and I would like to see them reduced or stopped... But I don't want it to happen by exercising the Ban Stick, we should all be adults here and mature enough to discuss topics as mature adults.

Finally, if I offended anyone... Tough. You have no right to not be offended and neither do I. Freedom of speech is important enough to me that I will accept occasional slams for what they are, an admission of defeat since you have nothing of substance to add to the discussion.

When the people of Dresden died due to the purposeful allied bombing of civilians did anyone claim that they didn't deserve what they got? Of course in neither case did all of those people deserve to die but in fact there could have been some Nazi military people present in Dresden, although only a few, who perhaps deserved to die.

In the WTC on 9/11 there were many people of differnt nationalities who died and did those people deserve to die for US crimes of aggression against Muslim people. There were perhaps also some Americans who didn't support their government's crimes against humanity in the ME and surely those people didn't deserve to die.

So to me the question remains, did the Nazis in Dresden and the US foreign policy supporters in the WTC deserve to die? I'll leave that question for others to answer and I will just say:

The US had it coming on 9/11. Americans need to come to terms with that reality and thankfully many are doing just that. There was a definite purpose behind those attacks and it serves no useful purpose in continuing to deny it.

When the people of Dresden died due to the purposeful allied bombing of civilians did anyone claim that they didn't deserve what they got? Of course in neither case did all of those people deserve to die but in fact there could have been some Nazi military people present in Dresden, although only a few, who perhaps deserved to die.

This is an old appeaser myth that has been deflated many times - Dresden was a rail center that was about to be used as a marshaling center for trains carrying troops for a big german counter-offensive. As usual, you don't know what you're talking about.

In the WTC on 9/11 there were many people of differnt nationalities who died and did those people deserve to die for US crimes of aggression against Muslim people. There were perhaps also some Americans who didn't support their government's crimes against humanity in the ME and surely those people didn't deserve to die.

So to me the question remains, did the Nazis in Dresden and the US foreign policy supporters in the WTC deserve to die? I'll leave that question for others to answer and I will just say:

The US had it coming on 9/11. Americans need to come to terms with that reality and thankfully many are doing just that. There was a definite purpose behind those attacks and it serves no useful purpose in continuing to deny it.

Whether or not you were right about Dresden (and you aren't - your comments about the middle east show you are a virtual cornucopia of leftist, anti-semitic, and appeaser fake historical revisionism) that has absolutely nothing to do with the islamofascist mass murder war crime on 9-11.

OK folks, this is obviously gonna head downhill real quick. Considering we have other members with names like NoObamantion, Libsmasher, Stalin, and nospamforme (I love canned Spam) I will let the name remain for now. This is ultimately dependant on any member following the rules in thier posts.

There is nothing wrong with my name. I want a nation not run by obama. There is nothing wrong with not liking a person, or wanting them to run the country you love and live in.

I don't think there is anything wrong with that canadian guys name either. I do not agree with it's meaning and he probably would not agree with my name.

I have enjoyed reading his posts. I have to thank canada and the people in toronto, without them I might still be a flaming lib. I thank God that I went there and spent3 horrible months and became so disgusted that it actually changed my thinking. So reading his name and the things he says only makes me happy. :)

Hi Obamanation, havent gotten the chance to talk with you in awhile. I hope all is well with you, thought I might share that I just got done with putting the smoke on 150 sockeye. :D
There is nothing wrong with my name. I want a nation not run by obama. There is nothing wrong with not liking a person, or wanting them to run the country you love and live in.
I didnt mean to imply that. I was just giving other examples that if people wanted to nitpick inconsequencial matters, there are other examples where if one had nothing better to do. Its is a matter of perception I guess. I certainly am not offended by your name or any of the others I mentioned.
I don't think there is anything wrong with that canadian guys name either. I do not agree with it's meaning and he probably would not agree with my name.
Again, I dont disagree. I have read most of his posts and they certainly have a quality to them in general. My point being is that unless something is totally over the top, it will be allowed. What matters most is the content of thier posts.
I have enjoyed reading his posts. I have to thank canada and the people in toronto, without them I might still be a flaming lib. I thank God that I went there and spent3 horrible months and became so disgusted that it actually changed my thinking. So reading his name and the things he says only makes me happy. :)
Well cheers to that. :cool: I have only minor problems with Canada in general. Small regional conflicts, no biggie. I love hockey and beer, two things that Canada does pretty well at. Also, it appears that I am going to make a considerable amount of money by a Canadian company and the State of Alaska for building a natgas pipeline tying into Canadian pipes, creating jobs and bringing American produced clean energy to Americans, produced by Americans. Canada is the best friend America could ever dream of.

Hi Obamanation, havent gotten the chance to talk with you in awhile. I hope all is well with you, thought I might share that I just got done with putting the smoke on 150 sockeye. :D

Oh that sounds great! We had smoked buffalo a few years back, it’s a bit better than salmon but both are very good. Did you hear the news said the return this year is bigger than any salmon run since they have been counting in the 40’s?

I have been on vacation and they have not let me watch much news or be political, I am in withdrawals now really bad!

I didnt mean to imply that. I was just giving other examples that if people wanted to nitpick inconsequencial matters, there are other examples where if one had nothing better to do. Its is a matter of perception I guess. I certainly am not offended by your name or any of the others I mentioned.

Again, I dont disagree. I have read most of his posts and they certainly have a quality to them in general. My point being is that unless something is totally over the top, it will be allowed. What matters most is the content of thier posts.

I personally think there is a huge difference between my name or Lib’s name and the Canadian guy’s name. But being that I am an American and believe in the freedoms that come with it, I say its ok for him to have the name. Though it does not offend me I can see how it would offend other Americans. It probably only does not offend me because my low opinion of Canadians and their ability to think. I do not think they understand our Country or the Constitution.

I could easily have a name like CanadiansAreDumbSheepAndGirlyMen and It would be about accurate to what I think of a whole lot of them, and the name probably would offend Canadians I might have to make that name someday, after the election maybe 

Well cheers to that. :cool: I have only minor problems with Canada in general. Small regional conflicts, no biggie. I love hockey and beer, two things that Canada does pretty well at. Also, it appears that I am going to make a considerable amount of money by a Canadian company and the State of Alaska for building a natgas pipeline tying into Canadian pipes, creating jobs and bringing American produced clean energy to Americans, produced by Americans. Canada is the best friend America could ever dream of.

I used to love Canada and consider them a sister country. But after 3 long horrible months in that God forsaken place, I do not feel that way anymore. It will be really irritating if we ever have to send our troops over there to protect them. Hopefully that won’t happen. Anyways the guy is useful to me if for no other reason he reminds me of what I USED to be and I am glad I took the time to educate myself on some of these topics.

I used to love Canada and consider them a sister country. But after 3 long horrible months in that God forsaken place, I do not feel that way anymore. It will be really irritating if we ever have to send our troops over there to protect them. Hopefully that won’t happen. Anyways the guy is useful to me if for no other reason he reminds me of what I USED to be and I am glad I took the time to educate myself on some of these topics.

Your poor little self had some kind of bad experience, over a whole three months, and you feel that is sufficient evidence to condemn an entire country? How self centered and juvenile.

I've got a beef or two with Canada, in particular their development of the tar sands in Alberta, but I'm not going to say the whole country and it's people are rotten because of it.

Have you ever been up to Vancouver B.C.? The city, the province and, though admittedly my experience has been limited, the people I've met have been first class.

Werbung:
Canada has had an inferiority complex for many years, being a mostly unpopulated arctic backwater living next to Numero Uno. That's why they gloat like crazy when the US has any setbacks. There isn't any real Canadian culture - they suck up american culture to fill the vacuum, at the same time hating themselves for it. They've balkanized their country, so that everything has to be in french and english. Eventually, they'll probably break up into one or more seperate countries. The lib establishment is trying to promote the same thing in this country. They have thousands of "medical tourists" who come down to the US to get serious operations, preferring not to die while waiting in the queue of their government health rationing system. They are almost genetic statists, having been the refuge of fleeing american tory losers who prefer to live under a king and who fled the US at the end of the american revolution. They see themselves as euroweenies, but real euroweenies probably laugh at them for that.

Back