Are We Free Yet?

Sandra Price

Are We Free Yet or Are Our Choices Sins?

Post 2008 Election

President Elect Obama is not yet inaugurated and the Religious Right is going after him with vengeance. I received two Petitions to have him impeached. The Religious Right wanted another Bush (Senator McCain) and his Christian side kick (Governor Palin) as a guarantee that the Prohibitions of Abortions, Gay Marriages and Death with Dignity would be the law. The American voters said “thanks, but no thanks anyway!”.

The wars, terrorism, economy melt-down were never the focus of the many Christian Groups whose only concerns were a one world power based on Jesus Christ. Even as a child I understood that Christians wanted this but were stopped cold by the First Amendment.

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of

Religion or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;…

Americans have the freedom to build and fill any number of Churches they wish. But do they have the freedom to use the power of their Congregations to elect local and federal Representatives? They are given a tax status that covers not claiming their receiving donations, as income. Turning their Sanctuaries into political meeting places breaks the First Amendment.

Since 2000 when President Bush began to hand out Faith Based Grants, the Churches have used this to sponsor political programs based on their own candidates. Pastor Rick Warren even had programs interviewing Senators Obama and McCain firing off questions about their Christian roots.

The Religious Right has since taken on bringing their groups together to elect one man/woman over another. The hidden agenda on this can be found all over the internet. I keep hearing them talk about “Conservative Values” and this is simply a force to federally ban Abortions, Same Sex Marriages and never anyone to determine how, when and where they may be allowed to die.

These are choices open to all American Citizens and visitors. Why are they considered sins in the eyes of Christians? I read nothing about this in the bible. Jesus never addressed these actions and the prohibitions seem to come from a group of angry “Christian Solders, Marching as to War” These intrusive laws can be found in the Vatican but not in the U.S. Constitution.

I took an interest in Christian values at the start of WW2, and began looking for Christians in my home and neighborhood. I saw little of value that made anyone superior or even recognizing others as equal. I attended a girl’s boarding school and met girls from all over the world who had many Gods other than Jesus Christ. It was when I got into working that my search extended out to my coworkers. I saw no Christian values anywhere. I saw cut-throat actions of the work force keeping the organization charts and who they would go after next. Is that Christian? Apparently it was and still is.

Look folks, I’m too old to worry about abortions; I am not gay but I have respect for those who are. So far, I do not have a terminal illness but have seen many die in agony. These freedoms of choice are what make Americans free! I have worked with many organizations trying to keep these choices for all Americans. There are no mandates to force these choices on others but a movement to prohibit them from discussion is now a plan from the Republican Party. Choices are Sins!

Could this be why the GOP lost House and Senate seats as well as the White House?

This is my political party folks, and I want it back without the silly actions from anyone planning Armageddon…….

Werbung:
why are you so upset? You win. Obama is going to be the president. Why are you so upset at other people using their freedom of speech? You had 8 years to bash the president you didnt like now others will take their turn too.

Obama has promised to secure abortion for any reason at tax payers expense, your 11 year old daughter will even be able to have an abortion without you knowing about it by the time he has had his say.

you win, isnt winning enough or must everyone bow at the feet of your messiah for you guys to be happy.

There are more threads and posts here complaining about Palin, complaing about the conservatives who are not getting on board the obama messiah bus than there are posts talking about your stupid freaked out messiah.

It seems winning is not enough for the far fringed out left, they wont be happy till the rest of us bow to their dork messiah too.

aint happenin.

Are We Free Yet or Are Our Choices Sins?

Post 2008 Election

President Elect Obama is not yet inaugurated and the Religious Right is going after him with vengeance.
They're feeling energized.....and, will (eventually) be exposed for the narrow-minded, incurious-cretins they are. The Majority will see-to-that....just like before.

"Most Americans believe that Ken Starr's investigation -- once the high-sounding moral and legal platitudes are stripped away -- is naked politics perpetrated by sour losers trying to circumvent the Constitution.

They believe he should be allowed -- without a political noose tightening around his neck -- to concentrate on the truly serious issues confronting the United States, and the world."

why are you so upset? You win.
img.jpg

:p

why are you so upset? You win. Obama is going to be the president. Why are you so upset at other people using their freedom of speech? You had 8 years to bash the president you didnt like now others will take their turn too.

Obama has promised to secure abortion for any reason at tax payers expense, your 11 year old daughter will even be able to have an abortion without you knowing about it by the time he has had his say.

you win, isnt winning enough or must everyone bow at the feet of your messiah for you guys to be happy.

There are more threads and posts here complaining about Palin, complaing about the conservatives who are not getting on board the obama messiah bus than there are posts talking about your stupid freaked out messiah.

It seems winning is not enough for the far fringed out left, they wont be happy till the rest of us bow to their dork messiah too.

aint happenin.

Because this is religion getting involved in politics..and it's unconstitutional unless they are reclassified and paying taxes.

Well then act like it. Praise your messiah president and his goddess wife. Spend time talking about all the hope and change that will come all because you believed in him. Sound happy for Christ’s sake instead of the same bitter minions that felt oppressed for the last 8 years.

Rejoice and bask in your victory. Move on to happy thoughts the evil one is behind you now and a righteous wind is at your back.

To me you guys are proving that Lib’s are the most negative bunch of dweebs on earth, even when you get what you want you still moan and groan and talk bitterly about anyone who dares not to agree with you.

Lets here some cheer and good spirits for the time has come that the evil ones have been brought down and only goodness and light can shine for at least the next 4 years.

I knew you were a fan of tyrrany and oppression.

You must be sad it is so near an end

Oh no, its a whole new wave of tyranny and oppression... You just don't recognize it as tyrannical or oppressive when its not aimed at you. People like me, who don't want the morality of either party forced on me through the power of government, are screwed.

Werbung:
Well then act like it. Praise your messiah president and his goddess wife. Spend time talking about all the hope and change that will come all because you believed in him. Sound happy for Christ’s sake instead of the same bitter minions that felt oppressed for the last 8 years.

Rejoice and bask in your victory. Move on to happy thoughts the evil one is behind you now and a righteous wind is at your back.

To me you guys are proving that Lib’s are the most negative bunch of dweebs on earth, even when you get what you want you still moan and groan and talk bitterly about anyone who dares not to agree with you.

Lets here some cheer and good spirits for the time has come that the evil ones have been brought down and only goodness and light can shine for at least the next 4 years.

You're right...we're just turning guys like you in and your comments to the FBI...see, we're not putting up with in house terrorists like the republican party and the radical wingnut religious right anymore...free speech? Not when it threatens my president.

Back