Atheists look to hold a rally @ the National Mall

dogtowner

Staff member
March 24. be there or be square

sounds like fun !

On March 24, the National Mall will be populated by those who sympathize with atheist perspectives, generally defined by an absence in belief of deities or other religious icons.

The website for the event states that organizers aim to encourage participants to claim their identity as what they call “secular Americans,” to dispel stereotypes, and to rally for legislative equality.

David Silverman, a chair for the Reason Rally Coalition and president of American Atheists, said that participants are motivated by positivity.

um, about that positivity... may wan to to practice that message a little more.

“There are more atheists in the country right now than Jews, Muslims, Hindus and Buddhists combined and doubled – that’s a lot of people, and we are the most hated … for no reason other than pure and simple religious bigotry, spurned by ignorance,” Silverman said. “Ignorance is killed by awareness … we want to put many faces to [atheism], so people will understand us better and tolerate us more.”

Werbung:
If Atheists actually care about improving their public image, they should draw a clear distinction between Atheism and Anti-Theism, then refuse to allow themselves to be associated with Anti-Theist individuals, groups, or policies, and even actively oppose the incredibly hateful and bigoted view that is Anti-Theism.

If Atheists actually care about improving their public image, they should draw a clear distinction between Atheism and Anti-Theism, then refuse to allow themselves to be associated with Anti-Theist individuals, groups, or policies, and even actively oppose the incredibly hateful and bigoted view that is Anti-Theism.

agreed but I'm thinking that the prez is, at least to a degree, in thr anti camp.
if they fail to do so it will likely have the same effect as homosexual pride parades.

Atheists can't match the religious for hatred

Look at how you talk about Muslims

There is one true god

The god.of erm, er Protestants er I mean Catholics, no wait a minute I mean Jews, no Muslims , hang on Armish, no baptists, no no Presbyterians, methodists, no you fool, it is 7 th day adventists, r is it Shia, or Sunni, or is it morons,

Well whatever it is this one true god makes perfect sense and the above named groups love each other

How utterly mad do you have to be to buy that?

touche. can't understand the desire to go through life that cranky. such a waste of time and energy.
No doubt... His attitude reminds me of a Jefferson quote:

The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts as are only injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg. - TJ

Yes, you are right

I'm just cranky about religion

Like those people burned to death in its name

Or for those children being brainwashed into accepting fairy stories over science

Or maybe for those sick people the church wants to die for lack of stem cell research

Or possibly for the AIDS babies of Africa

Or the gay people driven to suicide by church inspired homophobia

Or women being whipped for being raped

Or stoned to death for adultery

Yep, I'm just cranky about religion for no good reason

Get yer banjo out and give us a tune, you got a perty myouth

No doubt... His attitude reminds me of a Jefferson quote:

The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts as are only injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg. - TJ
Our liberal friend is a classic and consistent example of where the hatred and vitriolic rhetoric really comes from. That would be the liberal left.

Our liberal friend is a classic and consistent example of where the hatred and vitriolic rhetoric really comes from. That would be the liberal left.

its an old old trick to accuse your opponent of a thing you already have done. As Mr W.Larson outlined to us, Dems while decrying the right of warmongering it is the Donkey Party that initiated all but one war last century (the moderate Ike being the exception).

Interesting that you raise consistency

Atheists all share the same view in their subject area

Theists cannot even agree between themselves which fairy story they are going with

Maybe they should sort that one out before insisting on the truth of competing versions and hating the subscribers

Religious people are mad

its an old old trick to accuse your opponent of a thing you already have done. As Mr W.Larson outlined to us, Dems while decrying the right of warmongering it is the Donkey Party that initiated all but one war last century (the moderate Ike being the exception).
Yes ... That and the double standard that is so evident in the MSM and our politicians. I am still perplexed at why any normal thinking person, despite their political views, could align themselves with the hatred of the liberal left.

Werbung:
Here's how it works

The rich have led you to believe that everyone is in the position they are in because of their industriousness

They want you to think this for two reasons

One so that you will think the rich got all their wealth nobly off the sweat of their brow

The other is so that you will think poor people are poor because they are lazy

This is so that you don't ask awkward questions about the rich and the rich aren't expected to help out the feckless poor

The fact is though that the biggest factor in determining your wealth is the accident of your birth

That is a fact

They don't want people thinking that though because it isn't far from there to having to do something to address the problem

People like you just swallow their shit and vote against your own self interest

Back