Austrian economists vs. Axiomatic economists - make peace?

Onion Eater

I have crossed swords with the Austrians in the past but, as a practical matter, their opposition to Axiomatic Economics is usually confined to snarky comments - they rarely ban me.

However, Post-Autistic economists (aka Real-World economists) systematically and unashamedly ban anybody who mentions the axiomatic method in a forum post.

Usually, this is done abruptly and without explanation but Robert Oak, the owner of the Economic Populist forum, was foolish enough to recently state this policy in print.

Thus, since the Post-Autistics are really more dangerous to me than the Austrians, perhaps we could make peace and unite against our common enemy?

Mark Skousen said:
Mises claimed in Human Action that the only pure economic science is radical apriorism – using solely deductive reason without the help of experience. He built his entire system on logic and self-evident assumptions, similar to geometry. Mises rejected all forms of inductive aposteriorism, or the use of empirical studies or history to prove a theory. Mises solemnly declared, “Its particular theorems are not open to any verification or falsification on the grounds of experience.”

Werbung:
Back