Ban slanderers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Libsmasher

Y'all should consider this. People who repeatedly post specific lies which have been disproven by unimpeachable sources should be warned once and then banned, or maybe just banned.

Two reasons:

1. Suppose someone, say, repeatedly falsely said Hillary Clinton has polio, after been shown to be wrong. If the site owner allows such lies to continue, then the site is being used for the most vile kind of disinformation - malicious rumor-mongering. (Note that this is completely different from saying such as "Hillary is an idiot", a matter of opinion.) Presumably, the site owners have not set this site up to be misused in such a way.

2. Allowing such material to remain on the site may pose legal liability for the site owner, insofar as it might rise to the legal standard of slander against even public persons - reckless disregard for the truth.

Werbung:
Better idea, post why they are wrong. Making mods have to sit and decide if someone off base attack was so far off base to be slander, puts mods in a hard place and leads to bans of people just based on someones view of the facts. One could contend that there is enough Science for some to say ban anyone who says global warming is not real. But would rather fight it out with them and show they they are wrong. As someone who was a mod someplace else, this goes into a bad place and does not end well I have scene.

Better idea, post why they are wrong. Making mods have to sit and decide if someone off base attack was so far off base to be slander, puts mods in a hard place and leads to bans of people just based on someones view of the facts. One could contend that there is enough Science for some to say ban anyone who says global warming is not real. But would rather fight it out with them and show they they are wrong. As someone who was a mod someplace else, this goes into a bad place and does not end well I have scene.

You pretty much missed the point.

People who post false information, and who cannot back up their statements should be warned, and if they continue to make false statements, they should be banned, because such people are here merely to stir **** up.

Werbung:
Libsmasher, I have asked you to not start threads that are more or less airing your dirty laundry about members you disagree with either thier views or tactics. I have given you some options on how to deal with such matters. I also asked you specifically to not go this route. Please do not to it again in the future.

Thread Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back