Beatles and Political Hypocrisy

Jason76

In the song Tax Man, the Beatles mock the British tax system. However, they were the biggest lefties around, or at least John Lennon was. Of course, I love the music, but don't we see some major hypocrisy here? :mad: Apparently, they were for the welfare state, unless they were being taxed to pay for it. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Werbung:
In the song Tax Man, the Beatles mock the British tax system. However, they were the biggest lefties around, or at least John Lennon was. Of course, I love the music, but don't we see some major hypocrisy here? :mad: Apparently, they were for the welfare state, unless they were being taxed to pay for it. :rolleyes:
Yep sounds like some of our celebrities and politicians! They're big-hearted and generous, with other peoples' money! It makes me sick to hear Hollywood go on and on and on about how "we" need to do this and that for everybody on the planet, except the American taxpayer! All we want them to do is stay out of our business!

I mock he US tax system, I am a lefty,,,no conflict...because I mock how rigged it is

Also it was written by Harrison, not Lennon or Paul...

Yep sounds like some of our celebrities and politicians! They're big-hearted and generous, with other peoples' money! It makes me sick to hear Hollywood go on and on and on about how "we" need to do this and that for everybody on the planet, except the American taxpayer! All we want them to do is stay out of our business!

Give me an example of what you mean here. It's the republicans who are lowering taxes on the rich and raising taxes on the middle class and working poor.

Werbung:
Give me an example of what you mean here. It's the republicans who are lowering taxes on the rich and raising taxes on the middle class and working poor.

I'm confused right now. I thought Republicans cut taxes for everyone equally? Can you give me an example of the Republicans raising taxes for the middle class and working poor?

I mock he US tax system, I am a lefty,,,no conflict...because I mock how rigged it is

Also it was written by Harrison, not Lennon or Paul...

Actually, John Lennon was the biggest social activist of the group, yet, before he became a Beatle, he was the richest. His family was in the middle class, while the other Beatles' families were in the working class.

Back