Bias in the News Media

Texas_tea

Bozell and Conservative Leaders Call on Public to Tune out the Liberal Media!

More than 20 Prominent Conservative Leaders Call on Public to Tune out the Liberal Media!
Published: 9/25/2012 10:37 AM ET

An Open Letter to the Biased News Media:

This election year, so much of the broadcast networks, their cable counterparts, and the major establishment print media are out of control with a deliberate and unmistakable leftist agenda. To put it bluntly: you are rigging this election and taking sides in order to pre-determine the outcome. In the quarter century since the Media Research Center was established to document liberal media bias, there has never been a more brazen and complete attempt by the liberal so-called “news” media to decide the outcome of an election.

A free and balanced media are crucial to the health of this country. It is your duty as journalists – as outlined in the Society of Professional Journalists’ Code of Ethics – to “distinguish between advocacy and news reporting,” while simultaneously “seeking truth and providing a fair and comprehensive account of events and issues.”

There is a reason why the media are viewed with such disdain by the American public, as evidenced by every recent poll on the issue.

You have breached the public trust by willfully turning a blind eye to the government’s public policy failures, both domestic and foreign, while openly and shamefully smearing Gov. Mitt Romney. You are:

• Painting conservative ideas as extreme, while refusing to report the disastrous consequences of liberal programs enacted since 2008.

• Submerging the truly horrendous economic conditions America is facing and focusing only on minor political issues.

• Characterizing conservatives as cruel budget “slashers” instead of responsible officials trying to avoid a debt catastrophe.

• Focusing on alleged shortcomings in Romney’s business record instead of Obama’s record as the chief executive, whose policies contributed to a failed economy.

• Deliberately covering up embarrassing government failures and scandals, including the Solyndra debacle, Fast & Furious, and national security leaks which have put American lives in jeopardy.

• Pouncing on real and perceived missteps by conservatives, portraying them as bumbling incompetents, while suppressing embarrassing and incendiary remarks made by Vice President Joe Biden to prevent him from becoming a liability.

• Portraying conservative opposition to tax hikes as an impediment to deficit reduction while failing to highlight how liberal tax increase policies will cause massive damage to the economy and cause the deficit to explode.

• “Fact-checking” conservatives in order to discredit their arguments while regularly refusing to "fact-check" liberals who are distorting the truth.

We the undersigned – representing millions of Americans from our respective organizations – are now publicly urging our members to seek out alternative sources of political news in order to make an intelligent, well-informed decision on November 6.

It is time the American people turn you who are offending off, once and for all. You have betrayed their trust.

Sincerely,

L. Brent Bozell, III
President
Media Research Center

http://www.mrc.org/press-releases/bozell-and-conservative-leaders-call-public-tune-out-liberal-media

I know .... the argument here will be these are conservative accusation and therefore are not true. But, I challenge anyone who supports the MSM to disprove any of these accusation or even show where conservative news outlet may be guilty of them.

Werbung:
before I even engage in this thread I have two issues.

1. We have "conservatives" commenting who aren't.
2. The term "liberal" is used incorrectly. I believe what you really mean is"drooling, moronic, euro-trash social democrats". A far cry from a true Liberal.

before I even engage in this thread I have two issues.

1. We have "conservatives" commenting who aren't.
2. The term "liberal" is used incorrectly. I believe what you really mean is"drooling, moronic, euro-trash social democrats". A far cry from a true Liberal.
Yes ...
I agree that the word liberal has been hijacked but, it is an appropriate use of the word today.

As long as you understand that I consider myself to be a Liberal, and I probably hate the Euro-Trash SDs more than you do.

I don't think of liberalism as meaning what it used to. It was hi-jacked by the left. That's just like the word progressive. It was dropped when it took on a negative connotation. Now it's back again since "liberal" is getting a bad name.

I go to abcnews dot com a lot. I think as far as the MSM goes, they're the least offensive. AS far as MSNBC,CNN,NBC,PBS.NPR...yeah, I agree, they suck donkey doots. Fox...everytime they get a non RINO/Neo-Con piece of crap on their airwaves they seem to give that guy a hard time. I can't take them seriously.

As long as you understand that I consider myself to be a Liberal, and I probably hate the Euro-Trash SDs more than you do.
I don't hate anyone. I consider myself a liberal as well but, to prevent lengthy debate about the real definition of the word, I just go with the todays version.

I can't stand any of these shows that put on two opposing views who talk over each other. I actually like to listen to a one on one respectful conversation. And too many of them only give a few minutes to a guest. I don't really get anything out of it. The "gotcha" stuff is boring and doesn't impress me either.

I don't hate anyone.

That's ok, I've got enough hate for the both of us.

I consider myself a liberal as well but, to prevent lengthy debate about the real definition of the word, I just go with the todays version.

Really? You're not upset by the fact that the single biggest voting bloc in the American electorate has been disenfranchised? IMHO, it's time to start talking about political parties in this country ruling without consent.

I can't stand any of these shows that put on two opposing views who talk over each other. I actually like to listen to a one on one respectful conversation. And too many of them only give a few minutes to a guest. I don't really get anything out of it. The "gotcha" stuff is boring and doesn't impress me either.

I agree. It's a poor imitation of sports talk radio.

That's ok, I've got enough hate for the both of us.

Really? You're not upset by the fact that the single biggest voting bloc in the American electorate has been disenfranchised? IMHO, it's time to start talking about political parties in this country ruling without consent.
You mean the out of control federal government?

Heres another example on Media bias

Americans say Obama's ads are more honest, but expect both sides to lie, Esquire/Yahoo poll finds

In an election season that has produced reels of negative ads and dizzying spin, more Americans find that President Barack Obama's ads remain honest, giving his campaign a 12-point lead over that of his Republican opponent, Mitt Romney, according to the Yahoo!/Esquire poll.
Many Americans appear to agree with Romney pollster Neil Newhouse's statement that "We're not going to let our campaign be dictated by fact-checkers," though perhaps not in the way the Romney campaign would like. Among the general population, 42 percent found that the president's ads stick to the truth, while only 30 percent said the same about Romney's campaign ads.
As for which side's ads contained outright lies, Americans view Romney and Obama as neck and neck. The margin of error for the survey, conducted shortly after the two national political conventions, is plus or minus 4 percentage points.

untitled-4.png

http://news.yahoo.com/esquire-yahoo-news-poll-romney-ads-lie-more-both-dishonest.html

Pundits punk'd by satirical claims Ryan dissed Romney

Memo to the media: Clearly mark political satire, especially if it makes Republicans look bad. Otherwise, you might fool a Nobel prize-winning New York Times columnist.
Columnist Paul Krugman and other commentators were apparently duped Wednesday after Politico ran a satire piece that included what -- if true -- would have been an inflammatory comment by Republican running mate Paul Ryan.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/09/26/pundits-punkd-by-satirical-claims-ryan-dissed-romney/#ixzz27dMqDeQU

Werbung:
Pundits punk'd by satirical claims Ryan dissed Romney

Memo to the media: Clearly mark political satire, especially if it makes Republicans look bad. Otherwise, you might fool a Nobel prize-winning New York Times columnist.
Columnist Paul Krugman and other commentators were apparently duped Wednesday after Politico ran a satire piece that included what -- if true -- would have been an inflammatory comment by Republican running mate Paul Ryan.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/09/26/pundits-punkd-by-satirical-claims-ryan-dissed-romney/#ixzz27dMqDeQU

see what taking Comedy Central seriously can do ?

Back