Biden's remarks at 'U.S.-African Su': "US is ‘all in’ on the continent."

reedak

1. WASHINGTON (AP) — President Joe Biden told dozens of African leaders gathered in Washington that the United States is “all in on Africa’s future,” laying out billions in promised government funding and private investment Wednesday to help the growing continent in health, infrastructure, business and technology.

“The U.S. is committed to supporting every aspect of Africa’s growth,” Biden told the leaders and others in a big conference hall, presenting his vision at the three-day U.S.-Africa Leaders Summit of how the U.S. can be a critical catalyst.

Biden, who is pitching the U.S. as a reliable partner to promote democratic elections and push critical health and energy growth, told the crowd the $55 billion in committed investments over the next three years — announced on Monday — was “just the beginning.”.....

Source Link: https://apnews.com/article/biden-g-20-summit-politics-africa-china-04ce188209d1fac0c4f9e946825e3c2f

2. THE PRESIDENT: Well, good still morning, everyone. I — I realized last night, when our dinner ended and the entertainment ended, it was five o’clock in the morning for most of you. (Laughs.) So I admire your collective stamina. Thank you very much. And I promise my comments will not take you to tomorrow morning.

My friends, I’m honored to host you all here in Washington for the U.S.-African Su- — Leaders Summit. It’s wonderful to spend time with you and your spouses last night at dinner. And I truly enjoyed it, and thank you for making the time....

And finally, I’m grateful that all of you have made the journey to Washington for this summit, and I’m eager to visit your continent.

As I told some of you — you invited me to your countries. I said, “Be careful what you wish for because I may show up.” The poor relatives always show up. The wealthy ones never show up. The poor come and they eat your food and stay longer than they should. Well, I’m looking forward to seeing many of you in your home countries.

I also directed the establishment of the President’s Advisory Council, as I said, on the di- — on the diaspora, and we’ll get input from them.....

Source Link: https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing...partnering-on-the-african-unions-agenda-2063/

3. With regard to the "gas-emitting" White House incumbent's "all in" remarks at the "U.S.-African Su", some African leaders may feel apprehensive and whisper to each other: "If his people succeed to be "all in" on Africa, our continent will become the next "New World" and eventually the "United States of Africa". All our people will end up like the Red Indians of the First New World."

On the US leader's remarks “Be careful what you wish for because I may show up”, those anxious African leaders may say: "Thanks God if that fella never shows up at all but as long as we can see his money showing up!" :LOL:

Werbung:
Back