Big Govt Alert: Police in Georgia shut down girls' lemonade stand

Little-Acorn

They didn't have the right business licenses, permits, etc. And even more importantly, the police "didn't know how the lemonade was made" - horror of horrors!

String 'em up.

Temperatures in that city approached 90 degrees today.

Yep, I think it's a great idea to have government control things like kids' lemonade stands. Think of all the danger and risk they are protecting us from.

---------------------------------

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...DOWN?SITE=NCWIN&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Police in Ga. shut down girls' lemonade stand

Jul 15, 11:17 AM EDT

MIDWAY, Ga. (AP) -- Police in Georgia have shut down a lemonade stand run by three girls trying to save up for a trip to a water park, saying they didn't have a business license or the required permits.

Midway Police Chief Kelly Morningstar says police also didn't know how the lemonade was made, who made it or what was in it.

The girls had been operating for one day when Morningstar and another officer cruised by.

The girls needed a business license, peddler's permit and food permit to operate, even on residential property. The permits cost $50 a day or $180 per year.

One girl, 14-year-old Casity Dixon, says the three had to listen to police and shut down.

The girls are now doing chores and yard work to make money.

Werbung:
They didn't have the right business licenses, permits, etc. And even more importantly, the police "didn't know how the lemonade was made" - horror of horrors!

String 'em up.

Temperatures in that city approached 90 degrees today.

Yep, I think it's a great idea to have government control things like kids' lemonade stands. Think of all the danger and risk they are protecting us from.

---------------------------------

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...DOWN?SITE=NCWIN&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Police in Ga. shut down girls' lemonade stand

Jul 15, 11:17 AM EDT

MIDWAY, Ga. (AP) -- Police in Georgia have shut down a lemonade stand run by three girls trying to save up for a trip to a water park, saying they didn't have a business license or the required permits.

Midway Police Chief Kelly Morningstar says police also didn't know how the lemonade was made, who made it or what was in it.

The girls had been operating for one day when Morningstar and another officer cruised by.

The girls needed a business license, peddler's permit and food permit to operate, even on residential property. The permits cost $50 a day or $180 per year.

One girl, 14-year-old Casity Dixon, says the three had to listen to police and shut down.

The girls are now doing chores and yard work to make money.

That is soooo horrible! It should really make front page!
And obviously, it's all Obama's fault!
He probably made a call to that Georgia police dept and told them to drop everything and go arrest those little girls!

Yes, Obama is a real meany! After all, that's all he has to do! Make sure that every little girl who wants to make lemonade has a permit!
And if they don't. . .to jail they go!
And when they do. . everyone in the neighborhood suffers from dehydration and has to go to the emergency room, where they HAVE to be treated, whether or not they have insurance!

Yes. . .Obama does have a big plan!

Duh!!!

That is soooo horrible! It should really make front page!
And obviously, it's all Obama's fault!
He probably made a call to that Georgia police dept and told them to drop everything and go arrest those little girls!

Yes, Obama is a real meany! After all, that's all he has to do! Make sure that every little girl who wants to make lemonade has a permit!
And if they don't. . .to jail they go!
And when they do. . everyone in the neighborhood suffers from dehydration and has to go to the emergency room, where they HAVE to be treated, whether or not they have insurance!

Yes. . .Obama does have a big plan!

Duh!!!

Do you normally go into these hysterical rants every time an example of overbearing government is posted?

My sympathies.

Do you normally go into these hysterical rants every time an example of overbearing government is posted?

My sympathies.

No, I usually ignore them!

Especially when it all relates not to "Federal Government," not even to "State Governenment," but more likely to "County" or even "City" government!

What's your point?

Ever wonder why people hate cops? I DO! I didnt give a **** about this guy
http://www.odmp.org/officer/39-corporal-theodore-dennis-wolf-sr

He never gave a **** about anybody else so why should we give a **** about him? State troopers want to hand tickets out to you it helps the states revinue. Just like dumb seat belt laws. Its got nothing to do with safety its about revinue. Cops are no differant than NAZI Gestapos served Hitler. Just like Roman guards served Caesar and Royal Knights served Royal Family. Cops serve the President and the Governor.Just like what cops are doing in Arizona

http://news.yahoo.com/arizona-town-disarray-mayor-alleges-corruption-012411346.html

So who likes cops?

Government gone wild. And, libs love it.

Its crazy???

Is there a redder state than Georgia? This is not a liberal response. This is the control freak response of the Republican Right who want to be in our bedrooms, our game rooms, and now in our children's games.

The cops in most places would have stopped, bought some lemonade, checked out the place, and talked with mom about any health concerns.

Its only the aloof and stubborn right that goes bonkers over slight infractions. Thankfully the cops didn't see a need to handcuff and then beat these law breaking perps.

Thats why when i hear cops get shot on my local news i cheer!
tumblr_llaqfm3KFG1qhsimv.gif

^^^^^^ I do this all the time^^^^^

Thats why when i hear cops get shot on my local news i cheer!...

It is sad to read that. Our lives are too short as it is to be wishing anyone dead.

I would add this: If your local cops are like you claim them to be, you need to get involved. You need to talk to your local politician, or get a local politician elected who will share your views.

By the way, just a piece of experience: if you do decide to become active in local politics, look at being a Democrat. They are more receptive to your view on cops then the Republican Right, who would do like Rick Santorum did and call up the bad guy and warn him about you.

Well they dont really protect you! Where were they when my car got Stolen? Where were they when my house was broken into? Who needs cops when you can get criminals yourself?

This man has the right idea
http://eightiesclub.tripod.com/id311.htm
When Cops start getting like Dirty Harry then the streets would be safe again. By shutting down lemonade stands is not the way to battle crime,, Samething with enforcing seat belt and traffic laws.

The childish, irresponsible, and hypocritical responses by the leftists on this topic are amazing. Not ONE of the leftists posted anything worth READING, much less responding to.

Grow up, lefties.

I don't RESPECT the point of view of ANY leftist, on the vast majority of topics.

Leftists are liars, hypocrites, and exhibit a complete lack of integrity, honesty, and core values. Leftists can't be trusted under ANY circumstances. Period. End of story.

Werbung:
I don't RESPECT the point of view of ANY leftist, on the vast majority of topics.

Leftists are liars, hypocrites, and exhibit a complete lack of integrity, honesty, and core values. Leftists can't be trusted under ANY circumstances. Period. End of story.

I am sorry to read that.

Just to make me happy, name a couple of good things that have been brought to us by Conservatives?

Back