Bill Richardson, the latest fiasco in Obama's cabinet

XCALIDEM

A federal grand jury in Albuquerque has been investigating potential connections between a $1.5 million bond consulting contract that New Mexico awarded to Beverly Hills, Calif.-based CDR Financial Products and more than $100,000 in contributions which the company and its president made to political organizations affiliated with Richardson.

The probe is part of a national investigation of "pay-to-play" practices in the municipal bond market, in which financial companies make political donations in order to be considered for public business

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-richardson-withdrawsjan05,0,7891276.story

He had it coming. What goes around comes around. :D
He back stabbed Hillary in the primaries, trying to positioned himself with a VP position. This is why James carville called him Judas

The hypocrisy behind the dem party just keep piling on.... :D

Werbung:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-richardson-withdrawsjan05,0,7891276.story

He back stabbed Hillary in the primaries, trying to positioned himself with a VP position. This is why James carville called him Judas

Yeah he did, he is a freakin snake. I bet Bill and Hillary are snickering and I would not blame them.

This news actually made me happy, the dang Judas

Sure! Blagojevich and Rahm Emmanuel....Does that ring the bell|?
Yeah.....Obama's/Emmanuel's opinions, on who they'd prefer seeing getting Obama's Senate-seat was a reeeeaaaallll-fiasco (for soap-opera fans, mostly).

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....what was the body-count, again?

:rolleyes:

What's the fiasco?:confused: He didn't want to be seen as a problem or a distraction for the Obama administration so he withdrew his name more than 2 weeks before even the inauguration.

Seems like the perfect thing to do.

President Obama will have a full plate just trying to unwind us out of all these many Bush messes. We ain't got time to play!

ALL THE BEST TO #44!

What's the fiasco?:confused: He didn't want to be seen as a problem or a distraction for the Obama administration so he withdrew his name more than 2 weeks before even the inauguration.

Seems like the perfect thing to do.

President Obama will have a full plate just trying to unwind us out of all these many Bush messes. We ain't got time to play!

ALL THE BEST TO #44!

I bush man would say look this may look bad , and get a promotion higher even...and actuly be guilty.

I bush man would say look this may look bad , and get a promotion higher even...and actuly be guilty.

I gave up a long time ago... after the Libby lie fest... trying to understand how the Bush administration justifies anything it does. They were the most above the law click I ever saw. They made the Republican's burglarizing at the Watergate look like pikers or little street punks.

As far a Richardson this was obviously the smartest move no matter what happens. If he did anything wrong at all then he shouldn't get the job... and if he did nothing wrong (which I'm more likely to think) he still knew it would be a big distraction at a time when we need to move quickly to get some things done.

So I feel sorry for him if he's completely cleared of any wrongdoing... but there's always other opportunities in this administration down the road.

So I feel sorry for him if he's completely cleared of any wrongdoing... but there's always other opportunities in this administration down the road.

As I said before: what goes around comes around....:D He backstabbed Hillary and that's what he gets.

By Andrea Tantaros
Republican Political Commentator

Who needs network reality TV when you can watch the Democrats disgrace themselves in a show I like to call “Pay to Play.” The latest episode features New Mexico Governor and Obama-pick for (ironically) Commerce Secretary Bill Richardson, who withdrew his nomination amid reports he is under investigation for another seemingly all too common political quid pro quo.

From Governor Rod, to Rangel, to Rezko (I could go on) a theme is developing: Obama’s got some ethically challenged friends and Democrats don’t bring reform, they bring scandal.

Obama is a product of the deeply corrupt Illinois political machine. Have we ever heard him emphatically point the finger at its moral failings?

Never before has a party caused such controversy between Election Day and the start of a new Congress than the Democrats have in the last eight weeks. It’s unprecedented, and unsettling for the nation to watch yet again.

I’m not saying this is strictly a partisan problem but it’s certainly distracting and tarnishing the president-elect, his brand, and gives the appearance that he’s the steward of a culture that America has no tolerance for.

President-elect Barack Obama is seen after speaking about Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich on Dec. 9 (AP)

Obama is a product of the deeply corrupt Illinois political machine. Have we ever heard him emphatically point the finger at its moral failings? No. Was his gut reaction to chastise his pastor, spiritual mentor and “uncle” Reverend Wright for white hate, sexism and anti-American rants? Nope. Has he called for disgraced Congressman Charlie Rangel to step down from his powerful committee chairmanship? Not once. It took him days to denounce Blago and when he did he was “saddened.” His response to Richardson? More melancholy. –This is the future office of the presidency not a Hallmark “After School” special!

Does this make Obama a criminal? Not technically. But it is criminal, and cowardly, that he is not standing up to these offenders.

By locking the door and pulling down his shades when trouble arises, Obama reveals his ambivalence to ethics and an obvious aversion to conflict. When the going gets tough, the tough…are bummed? Obama doesn’t represent change at all. He represents emotional impotence.

Obama’s victory wasn’t a vote against the GOP. But it also wasn’t a re-alignment of the country to the center left, either. It was a vote against the incumbent(s). Obama wasn’t part of a political dynasty or related to a former political power player. He was billed as an outsider and the mainstream media ignored any questions about his past that might have revealed any sort of a shady past. He was packaged and sold to the American public as a politician who was immune to impropriety. Now we know he’s just unwilling to stop or stand up to it.

For all the pretty language Obama fed us during his campaign about change, things have only gotten worse. And we’re still weeks away from his actual inauguration and the beginning of unilateral Democratic control of Congress. In the meantime, America continues to tune in to the show “Pay to Play,” filled with Democratic debauchery, hoping desperately, for the sake of the nation, that this is one show that won’t be renewed for another season.
http://foxforum.blogs.foxnews.com/2009/01/05/tantaros_richardson/

You can say all you want, but she's right!!!!:eek:

Werbung:
Back