Black Holes are racist ..........

The Scotsman

Dallas County officials spar over 'black hole' comment

A special meeting about Dallas County traffic tickets turned tense and bizarre this afternoon.

County commissioners were discussing problems with the central collections office that is used to process traffic ticket payments and handle other paperwork normally done by the JP Courts.

Commissioner Kenneth Mayfield, who is white, said it seemed that central collections "has become a black hole" because paperwork reportedly has become lost in the office.

Commissioner John Wiley Price, who is black, interrupted him with a loud "Excuse me!" He then corrected his colleague, saying the office has become a "white hole."

That prompted Judge Thomas Jones, who is black, to demand an apology from Mayfield for his racially insensitive analogy.

Mayfield shot back that it was a figure of speech and a science term. A black hole, according to Webster's, is perhaps "the invisible remains of a collapsed star, with an intense gravitational field from which neither light nor matter can escape."

Other county officials quickly interceded to break it up and get the meeting back on track. TV news cameras were rolling, after all.

http://cityhallblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2008/07/dallas-county-meeting-turns-ra.html

aaaaaaaaagggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Werbung:
Well now I don't feel so alone. Its not just me who is being called racist over the most stupid of reasons.

I wonder what a black hole should be called now? Dark hole? or is that to racist too?

If this seems bad, its only going to get worse, a whole lot worse!

I saw that story, and it brought back a memory from grad school, when I was in an astronomy department. There was one girl grad student who was the "minority coordinator" for the department - she didn't have much too do, because no minorities (ie blacks) made it into the department, because in that department, demonstrated merit was what counted, not "affirmative action". Anyway, one time a story on black holes appeared in the student paper. You guessed it - several black female students on campus got together and protested. In the department, we couldn't believe the stupidity - people were laughing for days. (Again, this was before the current PC regime of not laughing at minority stupidity took hold.) Our minority coordinator wrote a carefully worded follow up article (no three syllable words or anything) to explain, in the most dumbed-down terms, why black holes were called such.

:D

I saw that story, and it brought back a memory from grad school, when I was in an astronomy department. There was one girl grad student who was the "minority coordinator" for the department - she didn't have much too do, because no minorities (ie blacks) made it into the department, because in that department, demonstrated merit was what counted, not "affirmative action". Anyway, one time a story on black holes appeared in the student paper. You guessed it - several black female students on campus got together and protested. In the department, we couldn't believe the stupidity - people were laughing for days. (Again, this was before the current PC regime of not laughing at minority stupidity took hold.) Our minority coordinator wrote a carefully worded follow up article (no three syllable words or anything) to explain, in the most dumbed-down terms, why black holes were called such.

:D

Very few people that we call black are actualy black. So why do they feel they have a right to the word only meaning what they want it to mean any way? What about the black color crayon? Anything that is actually black should be able to be called black. Like a black hole.

And what about this African American stuff. If they want to be called African American, then why do they care if we call a black hole a black hole. I can see a prostest if we called it and African American hole, but we don't.

What about my coffee, do I have to worry if I say black please, or should I say just no cream or sugar, and dance around the word.

And where is the protest for The Rolling Stones and the song Brown Sugar? There is no protests about that song, mabye we should say brown holes?

This is totally stupid.

I am Native American, Indian, red skin (though I am not red) I literally answered to sqaw for most of my childhood, either that or pepper belly.

None of them offended me, they were actually kind of cute.

I want to get back to the time when the B word or the C word were offending instead of this stupid stuff! (though I have been called the B word and that did not offend me either :) )

Wow, we have three american indian members!

A lot of PC crap has taken place over the indian sports mascot names. Those names were taken because the teams wanted to show they were fierce "warriors". Likewise, the army apache helicopters. Maybe we should rename those the "angry caucasian" helicopters. HA HA HEEE HEEEEEEEE CHORTLE GIGGLE YAAAAA HEEE HEE HARRR!!!!! :D

Wow, we have three american indian members!

A lot of PC crap has taken place over the indian sports mascot names. Those names were taken because the teams wanted to show they were fierce "warriors". Likewise, the army apache helicopters. Maybe we should rename those the "angry caucasian" helicopters. HA HA HEEE HEEEEEEEE CHORTLE GIGGLE YAAAAA HEEE HEE HARRR!!!!! :D

I hate it when people get mad about names like the braves or chiefs or redskins.

It’s a freaking compliment and usually its white retards who are mad about it not natives. Most natives I know like being called Indian or Native. Neither word offends them. There are very very few who do not like being called Indian.

I have a friend I call chief, he likes it, but he wouldn’t like it if a stranger who did not know him said in an off tone, hey chief. I guess it’s like African Americans who call eachother the N word and are ok with it but do not like it when non African Americans call them the n word.

It’s more in the tone or manner of the way you say it than the actual word it’s self.

We have a local high school called Sheldon. The mascot is a silly looking drunk Irishman with his fists up and the logo says “The Fighting Irish” there is always talk about taking the picture of the man down and changing the words but no one has, probably because no Irish people find it offending.

I know Bunz is Native also, who is the 3d?

I know Bunz is Native also, who is the 3d?

Federal Farmer.

We irish never get drunk - everyone knows that! :D

I WOULD like to say that I'm opposed to the Minnesota "VIKINGS". Vikings mean guys? Hardly. The vikings were renowned for their gentlemanly behavior, and respect for women, property, and the rule of law. Think of them as tenth century hippies. :D

THAT, from the folks whose idea of a banquet is haggis. :D

And exactly what is wrong with Haggis? I like a good Haggis, especially with a good strong Ale to wash it down with. It's even better if you've had 4 or 5 good strong Ales BEFORE the Haggis!

Werbung:
blacks make me laugh.

that's why i work i refer to colored paper as "Paper of Color" so as not to offend to easily offended, which actually offends them because they see my patronizing attitude as racist.

it's not that i hate black people, i simply hate sissies who look for any reason to be offended. i hope a hole of color sucks them all in.

ha ha ha!

Back