Black Panthers

Unite Our Nation

It just came on the news that a couple of Black Panther members were hanging outside of polling places in PA with batons in hand questioning people who they were voting for! Eeek!

Loonies on the loose. :eek:

Werbung:
Oh stop Cal!! This isn't about obama. This isn't about McCain. This is about some loonies that 99% of the nation wouldn't agree with.

I realize that the right and the left don't agree on a lot of things, but surely there is some common ground against stuff like this?

This is only being reported on FOX News so far - and that makes it as suspect as if it were only appearing on MSNBC IMO. If it is true, it will be appearing on other news sources soon.

I think anything that interferes with people legally voting is of importance. Equally. How can you think something is a problem only if it affects your candidate? Don't you care about fair voting for all??? Tell me it's not gone this far...

I watched the report, but getting a single person to say this happened on camera and alluding to others having confirmed it on FOX does not mean squat to me. I want to see an unbiased station report it before I will believe it.

Werbung:
The person who was threatened called the police. Give me a few minutes and I will check with that police station that was called.

In the meantime, here is something from the BLACK PANTHERS themselves.

"Black Panther intimidation at the polls?; NBPP: “We will be at the polls in the cities and counties in many states to ensure that the enemy does not sabotage the black vote, which was won through the blood of the martyrs of our people”
By Michelle Malkin • November 4, 2008 12:25 PM "

"The New Black Panther Party said yesterday it would send its members out to the polls to ensure its interests on Election Day:

Minister Najee Muhammad, national field marshal for the New Black Panther Party, and Uhuru Shakur, local chairman of the Atlanta chapter of the party, took turns reading statements from Dr. Malik Shabazz, leader of Black Lawyers for Justice and attorney for the party (yes, that Malik Shabazz)…

…”We will not allow some racists and other angry whites, who are upset over an impending Barack Obama presidential victory, to intimidate blacks at the polls,” Muhammad said. “Most certainly, we cannot allow these racist forces to slaughter our babies or commit other acts of violence against the black population, nor our black president.”

Muhammad added, “We must organize to counter and neutralize these threats using all means at our disposal. This is a great time for our people, and we must ensure that peace prevails for our people.”

Shakur said the New Black Panther Party does not hate white people, but it does not like racist white people who try to harm the black community…

…Shakur added, “We warn you, leave Barack Obama alone and leave our babies alone because black people are a spiritual people and a people who are trying to do right, and we will not hesitate to take up our legal rights of self-defense.”

Shakur said the New Black Panther Party believes the plot that was foiled in Crockett County was not an isolated incident and that the party will do what it can to protect members of the black community on Election Day.

“We will be at the polls in the cities and counties in many states to ensure that the enemy does not sabotage the black vote, which was won through the blood of the martyrs of our people,” he said.

As members of the New Black Panther Party said “Black Power,” Andrew Chirwa, an Alamo resident and native of Malawi in Southern Africa, urged everyone at the press conference to shout “Black Power” together."

Still doubt the report?

Back