BO has gas...

Gipper

CAL THOMAS COMMENTARY MARCH 7, 2011

HOW ARE YOU COPING WITH THE RISING GAS PRICES?

REMEMBER HOW THE BIG MEDIA JUMPED ALL OVER PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH WHEN GAS PRICES WENT UP DURING HIS ADMINISTRATION? IN 2008, AS GAS PRICES SPIKED, NETWORK NEWS REPORTERS MENTIONED PRESIDENT BUSH IN 15 AS MANY STORIES AS THEY HAVE BROUGHT UP PRESIDENT OBAMA IN A SIMILAR PERIOD THIS YEAR, ACCORDING TO THE MEDIA RESEARCH CENTER WHICH MONITORS THESE THINGS.

AN ANALYSIS OF REPORTING DURING THE BUSH AND OBAMA ADMINISTRATIONS BY THE BUSINESS AND MEDIA INSTITUTE FOIUND THAT IN 2008 ABC, NBC AND CBS AIRED MORE THAN 2 ½ MORE STORIES ON GAS PRICES THAN THEY HAVE THIS YEAR. AND THEY LINKED “BUSH,” “THE GOVERNMENT,” OR “THE PRESIDENT” IN THOSE 2008 STORIES 15 TIMES MORE OFTEN THAN THIS YEAR UNDER PRESIDENT OBAMA.

THE MESSAGE? THE MEDIA BLAMED BUSH FOR RISING GAS PRICES IN 2008 AND THEY HAVE MOSTLY GIVEN OBAMA A FREE PASS THIS YEAR.

WE KNOW THE WAY TO LOWER GAS PRICES, BUT THIS PRESIDENT WON’T DRILL ON OUR TERRITORY. I’M CAL THOMAS IN WASHINGTON.
http://www.calthomas.com/index.php?news=3193

I can see lib network "reporters" meeting in their Manhattan conference rooms trying to figure out how they can blame Rs for raising gas prices.

America has access to more energy sources than nearly all other nations. And yet, under BO and DF liberals we are doing almost nothing to bring American energy sources to market.

Will BO and the Dems be blamed for their efforts to weaken America and keep it dependent on foreign sources? Of course, NOT!

Werbung:
I can see lib network "reporters" meeting in their Manhattan conference rooms trying to figure out how they can blame Rs for raising gas prices.

America has access to more energy sources than nearly all other nations. And yet, under BO and DF liberals we are doing almost nothing to bring American energy sources to market.

Will BO and the Dems be blamed for their efforts to weaken America and keep it dependent on foreign sources? Of course, NOT!

you do realize that the big jump in oil costs has about zero to do with availability of Oil right?

Also you of course I am sure cried about Bush when gas prices went high right?

You of course know that we use far far more oil then any other nation on earth....yet you keep thinking that we can somehow just always get more oil from the US...because Oil is unlimited right?

Your the same person who gets all pissed if anyone suggest anything that reduces the use of Oil.

And somehow I bet you are all for the price speculators who really drive up the oil prices ...and pad wall street and fat cats pockets...

Thats why you dont watch CBS NEWS. Its SEE B.S!! You dont watch NBC NEWS or ABC NEWS. And CNN Stands for Communist News Network. And MSNBC is really PMS-NBC. And you dont subscribe to New York Times,L.A Times, Chicago Tribune or even the Washington Post. Sooner or later the Papers will go bankrupt and Liberal reporters will start losing their jobs. Ever wonder why the Baltimore News American went out of Busness back in 1986? Cause people got sick n tired of extreme left wing liberalsim. News Organizions should learn what happened to the Baltimore News American. Samething will happend to New York Times,L.A Times, Chicago Tribune and the Washington Post if they dont shape up and serve their subscribers.

you do realize that the big jump in oil costs has about zero to do with availability of Oil right?

Also you of course I am sure cried about Bush when gas prices went high right?

You of course know that we use far far more oil then any other nation on earth....yet you keep thinking that we can somehow just always get more oil from the US...because Oil is unlimited right?

Your the same person who gets all pissed if anyone suggest anything that reduces the use of Oil.

And somehow I bet you are all for the price speculators who really drive up the oil prices ...and pad wall street and fat cats pockets...

I am sorry, but you have no clue what you are talking about.

I know you hate it that America uses more oil than all other nations. You would much prefer a communist dictatorship using more oil. Right?

Alternative energy sources are NOT viable. Why do lefties not know this. Or, could it be they want America to become a third world cesspool?

are you suggesting that video was an impostor ?

Uh, yea, did you post a video? And maybe could you post a quote instead?

I believe it is common knowledge that the Pres wants higher gas prices. I also believe he is too smart to have said so TOO directly in recent years. But if people cannot read between some pretty large lines then so be it.

Uh, yea, did you post a video? And maybe could you post a quote instead?

I believe it is common knowledge that the Pres wants higher gas prices. I also believe he is too smart to have said so TOO directly in recent years. But if people cannot read between some pretty large lines then so be it.

one for you

I was mainly thinking of the CNBC in 2008 interview regarding the last time gas was this level.

Barack Obama: I think that… we have been slow to move in a better direction when it comes to energy usage. And the president, frankly, hasn’t had an energy policy.* And as a consequence we’ve been consuming energy as if it’s infinite. We now know that our demand is badly outstripping supply with China and India growing as rapidly as they are.
CNBC’s John Harwood: So could the (high) oil prices help us?
Barack Obama: I think that I would have preferred a gradual adjustment.

Since oil is a global market it doesn't matter if they drill here, there or everywhere. The US has a twenty years supply of oil at current consumption. ANWR has about a year and a half supply of oil. Bakken has a two year supply. Only complete idiots believe we can drill our way to lower prices or energy independence. The US is pretty much screwed.

Since oil is a global market it doesn't matter if they drill here, there or everywhere. The US has a twenty years supply of oil at current consumption. ANWR has about a year and a half supply of oil. Bakken has a two year supply. Only complete idiots believe we can drill our way to lower prices or energy independence. The US is pretty much screwed.

So, in your view, no new oil discoveries are likely. You believe all the oil on Earth has been discovered. It is just a matter of pumping it out of the ground and refining it. What happens when as you say, our 20 year supply runs out?

I think it does matter where we get out oil. I we did not buy it from any of the Gulf nations, most of whom hate us, we would not be enriching those barbaric nations. That would be a good national security policy. No?

problem solved..

There is not a single renewable source of energy that doesn't cause a BTU deficit with oil. So windmills and solar cells, ethanol, and presently hydrogen are out.

So what should we do to become independent from the oil market manipulation? That's easy.

We need to build 200 more nuclear reactors. This would supply 100% of electrical energy plus enough to expand industry in the US by 25%.

It is possible with nuclear to heat and cool an average sized home for 15 dollars a month discounting liberal hatred of nuclear. That would leave you with lots of spending cash each month. Further, you could easily plug in your own electric vehicle and that cost would equate to roughly 10 cents a gallon fuel.

So you see, the answer was invented in the USA in the 40s but the liberals are so stupid that they would rather go through energy driven recessions ever ten years than do something intelligent.

As for nuclear waste which is the mantra of the dopes. The earth acts as a trash compacter. The surface of the earth vibrates and is constantly rolled under to the center of the earth which is in fact a nuclear core. So what you do is drill very deep holes in the crust of the earth to the salt pours and you toss in your nuclear waste. Then you seal it up and over time it goes toward the center of the earth and is destroyed. Since the earths core is radioactive anyway, the time of decomposition is meaningless. Because man will have vanished from the earth right on schedule and the earth will swallow the nuclear waste and not give a krap.

Plus, the greens always give the impression that nuclear waste amounts to huge tonnage. This is of course absurd. It is essentially tiny.

China by the way is presently building 34 nuclear plants with another 300 on the drawing boards. They have no intention of buying oil till the last man dies.... or is that something I got from Gaddafi?

just sayin
doug

The largest player by far in the commodities markets are speculators and now ETFs. Producers write real contracts that bind delivery and end users by contracts and are bound to deliveries. The speculators larger in dollar volume than both other players buys and sells contracts without taking delivery. So these "spot" markets are just flat out speculation bubbles. Yes, it has a huge impact on most bargains. Oil cost in Venezuela is $20 a bbl at most. Even running at an excessive margin of 50% it should sell for $30 bbl. But it doesn't. The floor is set by OPEC at about $80 presently. So the fluff on the top is pure speculation.

These markets are not free markets at all. China deals in trade and they are the best at it. They have virtually everything a small oil dictatorship could want to keep from being overthrown... dirt cheap consumer product. But China doesn't get ripped off. They can get deals down below the opec floor an with their currency exchange, they can squeeze out an additional 10%.

US Markets are set almost exclusively by the futures markets so the US consumer has been paying the brunt of oil profits to the dictatorships for years. Who wins who loses?

OPEC wins since the US has a big demand even in a recession it is a big fat cow. Speculators always get a big fat cut of the action. End users pay too much for oil. Producers get paid too much for oil, and the US Consumer pays for virtually all of this crooked dealing, like some kind of abuse child victim, always coming back for the hard backhand of love.

Just don't think for a second that any commodity in which 80% of the participation is speculators, has any remote value to supply and demand. It is all manipulated.

Werbung:
problem solved..

There is not a single renewable source of energy that doesn't cause a BTU deficit with oil. So windmills and solar cells, ethanol, and presently hydrogen are out.

So what should we do to become independent from the oil market manipulation? That's easy.

We need to build 200 more nuclear reactors. This would supply 100% of electrical energy plus enough to expand industry in the US by 25%.

Further, this cheap elec can be used to pull hydrogen for useful portable power (like for cars etc).

Nuclear is the answer we have in hand so long as we get regs back in line with reality.

Back