BREAKING: Democrat Supercommittee members walk out, refuse to speak to Republicans

Little-Acorn

As you may recall, the "Supercommittee" tasked with finding major cuts in the budget by Thanksgiving, was composed of six Democrats and six Republicans. If they cannot agree on large cuts, then automatic across-the-board cuts from all Federal programs will go into effect, including cuts in Defense.

Sounds like Republicans offered increases in tax revenues (WTF?) , but it wasn't enough for Democrats.

So, it looks like the across-the-board cuts instead, is what will wind up happening.

---------------------------------------------------------

http://www.hannity.com/article/breaking-news-dems-walk-away-from-super-committee/14602

BREAKING NEWS: DEMS WALK AWAY FROM SUPER COMMITTEE
November 09, 2011

Latest update on the lack of progress for Dems and Republicans to reach a tax deal. Yesterday Democrats of the Super Committee rejected Republicans' offer to "raise federal tax collections by nearly $300 billion over the next decade."

Senator Rand Paul exclusively has JUST told Sean that not only are Democrats rejecting offers put on the table, but now they won't even continue to negotiate and have "walked away from the table...refusing to talk to the Republicans."

Paul warns the American people that this is all about Obama's reelection, and the taxpayers livelihood is of no concern to Obama and the Democrats.

----------------------------------

Audio verbate: Senator Rand Paul (KY) on the Sean Hannity radio show Nov. 9, 2011:

P:Sean can I make it up to you by giving you a scoop, that maybe people don't know yet?

S: Yeah what you got it

P: I have news straight from sources close to the SuperCommittee that the Democrats have walked away from the table and they're refusing to talk to the Republicans about a deal and they will not counter any offers and basically there's an impass and it's starting to look like they don't want any deal at all.

S: This was all being telegraphed by Chuck Shcumer yesterday, I am sure you saw it on TV

S: They want to say that because Republicans will not raise taxes they are rigid. THat we are not going to have a deal on teh economy.I think the democrats are just gonna be happy gutting the defense department, which is part of this deal.

P: And the truth is quite the opposite the republicans have offered tax reform that lowers tax rates and closes loopholes.The president talks about millionaires not paying their taxes, we are trying to close some loopholes, but we want to be part of tax reform. We have offered a serious credible offer, but bascially they have walked away from the table.

Werbung:
Re: BREAKING: Democrat Supercommittee members walk out, refuse to speak to Republican

Apparently the law says that, if the Supercommittee can't agree on major cuts, then automatic across-the-board cuts in all programs (including Defense) will go into effect.

My question is:

Would these across-the-board cuts be actual cuts? Like, we're going to spend 10% less next year, than we did last year?

Or will they be Washington-style "reductions in the rate of increase"? Like, "We had planned to spend 15% more next year. But since we're required to make cuts across the board, we will spend 5% more next year instead, and tell everyone this is a 10% "cut".

Which is it?

Re: BREAKING: Democrat Supercommittee members walk out, refuse to speak to Republican

Apparently the law says that, if the Supercommittee can't agree on major cuts, then automatic across-the-board cuts in all programs (including Defense) will go into effect.

My question is:

Would these across-the-board cuts be actual cuts? Like, we're going to spend 10% less next year, than we did last year?

Or will they be Washington-style "reductions in the rate of increase"? Like, "We had planned to spend 15% more next year. But since we're required to make cuts across the board, we will spend 5% more next year instead, and tell everyone this is a 10% "cut".

Which is it?

I understood it to be not across the board but cuts to specific area that were intended to be so uncomfortable to each side that they would not dare fail to come to agreement. For example Pentagon buts to push the GOP.

I expect the cuts are largely illusionary.

Werbung:

AWWW,,,,, Those poor babies,, Tsk,,, Tsk,,, Tsk,,,

democratic_crybaby_seal.jpg

its_all_bushs_fault_sticker-p217039870842515374q0ou_400.jpg

Back