Burglar calls 911 fearing homeowner might have a gun

Little-Acorn

Only in America.

Apparently some guy broke into a house in Oregon. When the homeowner came home and discovered him, the burglar locked himself in the bathroom... and then the burglar called 911, apparently asking police to come and protect him from the homeowner whom, the burglar said, might have a gun!!!

Well, we have "church" members taunting families of dead soldiers, elected lawmakers fleeing their own state to disrupt the lawmaking process, and burned-out drug-addicted actors declaring on national TV how tough and wonderful they are. Why not a burglar who calls the cops on the homeowner he just violated? Makes just as much sense.

BTW, I've often said that gun-control laws disarm only the law-abiding, while leaving lawbreakers armed and in an even better position to victimize decent citizens. And I've speculated that lawbreakers actually rely on those laws, to make their "job" easier.

Sounds like this lowlife in Oregon is taking that reliance on laws that strip law-abiding homeowners, to a new level.

Only in America..... :LOL:

-------------------------------

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/03/08/oregon.intruder.911/index.html?hpt=T2

Intruder calls 911, afraid homeowner may have gun

by the CNN Wire Staff

Police say Timothy James Chapek was taking a shower when the homeowner returned.

(CNN) -- This time it was the intruder who called 911.

A man who broke into a house in Portland, Oregon, called police -- afraid the homeowner may have a gun.

The suspect, Timothy James Chapek, was in the bathroom taking a shower when the homeowner returned to the house Monday night, Portland police said in a statement.

Accompanied by two German shepherds, the homeowner asked Chapek what he was doing in the house.

Chapek locked himself in the bathroom and made an emergency call, police said. He said he had broken into the house, the owner had come home, and that he was concerned the owner might have a gun.

The homeowner also called the police to report that he had found a man in the house.

Police with dogs took Chapek, 24, into custody "without incident," they said. He was booked for criminal trespass.

They did not say if the homeowner did in fact have a gun.

Werbung:
I almost wish I'd been the cop who took that 911 call.

"Hello, this is Officer Acorn, what is your emergency?

"What?

"Let me get this straight.

"YOU'RE the one who broke into the house? And the homeowner just came home and found you had violated his home?

"And YOU want us to come there? And you want us to protect YOU from what the HOMEOWNER might do???? And he might, God forbid, have a GUN???

"Ummm, sorry, but we've got a big load of fresh donuts here, and there just isn't any way we can leave them unattended. It will take us a while to put them where no one else can get them, maybe a couple hours, you know how it is.

"By the way, do you know if the homeowner has fed those two German shepherds he's got outside the door? He hasn't? Gee, I'll bet they're really hungry by now.

"Well, gotta go, we wish you luck. Might stop by after a few hours to see how you're doing, buhbye......"

Back