Bush must apologize

bewitched

"Iranian government spokesman, Gholam-Hossein Elham, said Tuesday in reference to US President George Bush’s Middle East tour that “the president must apologize for the damage his irrational foreign policy did to the Mid-East, and withdraw US troops from the region.”
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3494544,00.html

don't you think it's kind of arrogant for a country to demand an apology from a president and blame foreign policy? that's just fueling all the American Bush haters to blame ourselves for being attacked on 911. nice trick.
don't buy it!

Werbung:
do you understand the consequences of this statement from Iran?
and the implications?

The implications are that some idiot in this Administration will take it as policy, whip up the American public (you know, like they attempted to do with the boat situation) and act on it. The consequences of THAT should be obvious.

The implications are that some idiot in this Administration will take it as policy, whip up the American public (you know, like they attempted to do with the boat situation) and act on it. The consequences of THAT should be obvious.

you are probably correct.
but what about the next administration?

Well, I think the likelihood of Bush actually issuing anything remotely close to an apology is as likely as me seeing Yeti in my back yard.

That being said, I really wish the rhetoric would be toned down on both sides because it does not help the matter.

When two groups on collision courses in potential violent conflict quit talking To each other and spend more time talking About each other violence becomes more and more inevitable.

to apologize would be to admit guilt and the US isn't going to do that.

the saber rattling from the Middle East comes daily from Iran because the government there gives speeches (which used to be the only thing on TV over there until satelite dishes) much like CSPAN.
but in the US you don't hear saber rattling on CSPAN, it's usually domestic issues and really boring.

to apologize would be to admit guilt and the US isn't going to do that.

the saber rattling from the Middle East comes daily from Iran because the government there gives speeches (which used to be the only thing on TV over there until satelite dishes) much like CSPAN.
but in the US you don't hear saber rattling on CSPAN, it's usually domestic issues and really boring.

Tune to Fox News, they're good at saber rattling.

I say we oblige them. Pull all the troops.
Then let Israel bomb the crap out of Iran. Then they can apologize to us for telling us to get lost.

Suckas! :rolleyes:
Israel cant hit Iran without us, I know everyone thinks they can but Hitting Iran is not like when they bombed Iraq before. The planes don't have the reach needed, and Israel would end up in a bad fight with Iran, Syria, Hamas, Hezbollah, and most likely others....we would get drawn in. In Order for Israel to even do a strike to take out nuke facilities they would need to have every Fuel jet they have up , open to attack near Iran for the planes to Refuel ( they don't have the range needed to hit the targets and get back with full loads of Munitions) ...and that would just be for that attack, it would then have to get ready for counter attacks and more attacks on Iran when Iran was at full state of readiness to counter and Defend.

Letting Israel do it, sounds nice, but fails when you look at military facts.
Not that I care if Israel gets wasted in a war...

strikes on iran

According to a Sunday Times article I've read, Israel has already drawn up plans to launch a pre-emptive strike against Iran's nuclear program. Basically it involves using low-yield nuclear "bunker-busters" to crack Iran's hardened nuclear targets, followed by mini-nukes fired directly into the tunnel thus opened.

I assume Israel is waiting to see whether or not world diplomacy is successful, and whether the US and NATO will take any military action first, and finally whether Washington will give them tacit approval.

News

This adds an interesting slant to the question of strikes:

Iran starts up advanced centrifuges
By GEORGE JAHN, Associated Press Writer
Thu Feb 7, 6:23 PM ET

VIENNA, Austria - Iran's nuclear project has developed its own version of an advanced centrifuge to churn out enriched uranium much faster than its previous machines, diplomats and experts said Thursday.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080207/ap_on_re_mi_ea/nuclear_iran;_ylt=Aj

Werbung:
Hi Bobcat1,
Firstly welcome to the site. I hope you will enjoy and stay awhile.

Secondly, you raise an interesting point in tacit permission from Washington which surely would need to come before Israel would act in those manners.

As PFOS pointed out, the difference between striking Iran's homeland versus Iraq as they did in a very successful raid in 1981. The distances and logistics involved are much greater, while the planes involved and still available to them, are what I and most would consider inadequate for that task.
The F-15E is an awesome machine, but doesnt have the range for the payload needed without serious tanker support, of which Israel doesnt have enough of.

Keep in mind, that the Iranians, while might be disliked by some, certainly are not dumb and have surely learned the lessons taught from the first Israeli strike on a foreign nuclear program.

Back