Bush the Dictator

Werbung:
Well

Still waiting for someone to explain how this equates to dictatorship.

Dictatorship is a funny word because in truth, all leaders are dictators to one degree or another. A dictator is the most absolute title of the head of state that is given in recognition for one reason or another that everything he says is the right course of action and must be obeyed. That's a lot of trust in that title at best. Bush is not a dictator because he listens to the public and will change policy when the public overwhelmingly disagrees with it. But he does take action without looking at polls which is a good characteristic of a President. You always want to have a president who's decisive but like a king, Presidents can do things they believed were the best intentions and had the best interest of the country from a strong personal understanding. Many of these have become disasterous. Sometimes they're unthinkably against the nations conscience. Example: Clinton gave missile technology to the Chinese that made their missiles capable of reaching America. Bush had no objection to the UAE running American ports. JFK pioneered the civil rights movement which instead of fixing the problem, put the separation of blacks and anglos in stone and began the anglo-american assault campaign. So nothing is perfect but Bush is no dictator. He's just a stupid tyrannical Neocon.

Incorrect. The president can issue new binding legal orders over federal agencies.

No shiit sherlock. Congress gave him those powers to "issue new binding legal orders over federal agencies" when they created the agencies. Just what is it you think I am "incorrect" about?
Bush will be promulgating new regulations proclaiming that we shall not emit more than such and such amount of CO2 and penalties for doing so. When Congress created the EPA they not only gave him the authority to promulgate such regulations, they required that he regulate all "pollutants". Recent Supreme Court case says that he is required to regulate co2 because it is a pollutant. When he does, he will in no way be exceeding his Constitutional authority..... although some have argued that Congress cant give their authority to the President. They have a long history of doing so. That way they can look good for creating the EPA etc, but when it comes to taking the heat for what the EPA does, they can blame the President.
MARK

I meant no offense, only jest.

Okay, maybe a little offense :) Hopefully you didn't take it personally.

I dont take much personal on these groups. I am not that delicate and wouldnt care if you were trying to offend.
Just pointing out the two situations were completely un-analogous. If it were Bush or Hillary Clinton I would make the same arguement. The state of the law is, what it is. The words of the Koran and Hariths are, what they are.

MARK

Good move on the part of the Pres.

If what is percieved as a failure of response to a disaster like Katrina were to occur again, you could hold the administration responsible because they now have the authority to take action. MARK

Which it is why it's a good move. For this admin and future admins. When faced with a disaster, the POTUS now has the authority to override incompetent and/or politically motivated local officials to actually get something done in a timely fashion. No more waiting around for the Blanco's of the country to give their OK on the mobilizing of Guard Units and such.

If this or any other Pres misuses the authority, you can bet they will be taken to task. But it only makes sense to give the one person with command over the largest amount of assets the authority to mobilize those assets in the event of a national crisis without having to wait for Bubba, the mayor of Podunk, for his OK.

Did you used to be a Muslim, but then develope doubts? MARK

No...I was raised more or less without religion. My father is an atheist and my mother...well, she says she believes in God, but one of the reasons that I'm a skeptic is that my mother, one of the sweetest people on the face of the Earth, was struck down with Multiple Sclerosis shortly before I was born. Where was God then?

I'm curious. Why do you think I was a Muslim at some point in my life?

No...I was raised more or less without religion. My father is an atheist and my mother...well, she says she believes in God, but one of the reasons that I'm a skeptic is that my mother, one of the sweetest people on the face of the Earth, was struck down with Multiple Sclerosis shortly before I was born. Where was God then?

If I may inteject. Do you do good work to raise money and awareness for those sticken with MS?

Wow, talk about ironic. I was raised Catholic, and my mother also had MS. At the point where I saw praying was futile, I became an atheist. She died 6/9/94.

Werbung:
Back